Microsoft today revealed some of the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade line-up, all of them to be released "in the near future". Doom and Assault Heroes were also added to the Arcade Hits section, starting Wednesday having the price of 400 points. More information and images inside of Rocky and Bullwinkle, TiQal, Shotest Shogi and Wits & Wagers.
Microsoft press release:
With 14 Xbox LIVE Arcade games clocking in with a Metacritic score of 80 or higher and seven of those games available only on Xbox LIVE Arcade, the platform has established itself as the go-to source for quality pick-up-and-play gaming. More than 120 games are currently available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, with new content added on Wednesdays. Specific information about each new title will be available on http://www.xbox.com in the coming weeks, but here is an early look at a few games coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade in the near future:
* “Rocky and Bullwinkle” (Zen Studios Ltd.). And now, here’s something you’ll really like! Based on the highly popular cartoon series of the same name, “Rocky and Bullwinkle” on Xbox LIVE Arcade is a fast and fun party experience packed with over 100 micro-games and decked out in an authentic retro art style. All your favorite characters are coming straight out of Frostbite Falls and into your living room: Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris, Natasha, Dudley Do-Right and many more. Plus, players with an Xbox LIVE Vision camera can control 25 of these games using fun gestures. Gee whiz, Rock!
* “Shotest Shogi” (AI Factory Ltd. and Rubicon Development Ltd.). Experience a new kind of shogi, Japan’s top board game, which encourages complex tactical play and strategic sacrifices. Set in an elegant Japanese room, this beautifully rendered game features 16 challenging artificial intelligence opponents as well as an online multiplayer mode*. For beginners, “Shotest Shogi” on Xbox LIVE Arcade also offers an advanced tutorial that guides and tests players as they progress through the game.
* “TiQal” (Slapdash Games). An addictive new puzzler, “TiQal” takes players on an epic journey to save an ancient Mayan village. Players demolish enemy block walls by matching squares of the same color and building them up to unleash massive combo points and mind-blowing power-ups. Partner with a friend over local or LIVE* co-op play to rescue the village, while enjoying sumptuous graphics, pulse-pounding sound effects and an awe-inspiring musical score.
* “Wits & Wagers” (Hidden Path Entertainment LLC). Party and trivia fun! Even if trivia isn’t your thing, the first trivia and party game to hit Xbox LIVE Arcade is one in which players can win by making educated guesses, playing the odds or just knowing the interests of other players, whether they are local or online. Break out the Big Button Pad controllers or play couch vs. couch on Xbox LIVE for a trivia party extravaganza.
* “Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3” (Capcom Entertainment Inc.). Xbox LIVE Arcade’s “Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3” revives one of the most popular arcade shooters with an all-new adventure. Battle solo or recruit two other specialized commandos to conquer the evil tyrant, General Ratiev. Players can play as Codename Wolf, Coyote or Fox to take on waves of soldiers, rescue POWs and blow up armored vehicles through a variety of dangerous battlefields.
@Moonwalker: I really like it too. Time to check out the 1996 movie from the Cohen bros as well (2 Hours ago)
I just saw the first episode of Fargo. Awesome! Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman are fantastic in this. Man i hope it stays this strong. (4 Hours ago)
And then on top of that, the races ALWAYS have a checkpoint that is low to the ground...guess what that does without fail? It makes you land. I was intending to platinum this game, but fuck it. (6 Hours ago)
Why, if fucks name would you use digital inputs (X to go up, O to go down) when you have a friggin analog stick that can do it far more accurately. (6 Hours ago)
Lego marvel has quite possibly the most frustrating, mind bogglingly stupid flying controls in the history of video games. (6 Hours ago)
Origins, Legends, DK Tropical Freeze and 3D World are probably the best platforming had to offer in a while. (9 Hours ago)
@nostradamus: It is indeed damn good. I love to 100% all the levels, i had that with Origins too. Some of those levels are really unique too. Looks great too and music as well. Great stuff. (9 Hours ago)