Microsoft today revealed some of the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade line-up, all of them to be released "in the near future". Doom and Assault Heroes were also added to the Arcade Hits section, starting Wednesday having the price of 400 points. More information and images inside of Rocky and Bullwinkle, TiQal, Shotest Shogi and Wits & Wagers.
Microsoft press release:
With 14 Xbox LIVE Arcade games clocking in with a Metacritic score of 80 or higher and seven of those games available only on Xbox LIVE Arcade, the platform has established itself as the go-to source for quality pick-up-and-play gaming. More than 120 games are currently available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, with new content added on Wednesdays. Specific information about each new title will be available on http://www.xbox.com in the coming weeks, but here is an early look at a few games coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade in the near future:
* “Rocky and Bullwinkle” (Zen Studios Ltd.). And now, here’s something you’ll really like! Based on the highly popular cartoon series of the same name, “Rocky and Bullwinkle” on Xbox LIVE Arcade is a fast and fun party experience packed with over 100 micro-games and decked out in an authentic retro art style. All your favorite characters are coming straight out of Frostbite Falls and into your living room: Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris, Natasha, Dudley Do-Right and many more. Plus, players with an Xbox LIVE Vision camera can control 25 of these games using fun gestures. Gee whiz, Rock!
* “Shotest Shogi” (AI Factory Ltd. and Rubicon Development Ltd.). Experience a new kind of shogi, Japan’s top board game, which encourages complex tactical play and strategic sacrifices. Set in an elegant Japanese room, this beautifully rendered game features 16 challenging artificial intelligence opponents as well as an online multiplayer mode*. For beginners, “Shotest Shogi” on Xbox LIVE Arcade also offers an advanced tutorial that guides and tests players as they progress through the game.
* “TiQal” (Slapdash Games). An addictive new puzzler, “TiQal” takes players on an epic journey to save an ancient Mayan village. Players demolish enemy block walls by matching squares of the same color and building them up to unleash massive combo points and mind-blowing power-ups. Partner with a friend over local or LIVE* co-op play to rescue the village, while enjoying sumptuous graphics, pulse-pounding sound effects and an awe-inspiring musical score.
* “Wits & Wagers” (Hidden Path Entertainment LLC). Party and trivia fun! Even if trivia isn’t your thing, the first trivia and party game to hit Xbox LIVE Arcade is one in which players can win by making educated guesses, playing the odds or just knowing the interests of other players, whether they are local or online. Break out the Big Button Pad controllers or play couch vs. couch on Xbox LIVE for a trivia party extravaganza.
* “Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3” (Capcom Entertainment Inc.). Xbox LIVE Arcade’s “Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3” revives one of the most popular arcade shooters with an all-new adventure. Battle solo or recruit two other specialized commandos to conquer the evil tyrant, General Ratiev. Players can play as Codename Wolf, Coyote or Fox to take on waves of soldiers, rescue POWs and blow up armored vehicles through a variety of dangerous battlefields.
[url] Godzilla looks so badass!!! (18 minutes ago)
@digi_matrix: Nah it's not even that.. I frequently go back to my versus habit. I'm pretty addicted to competition. Or I get distracted by another game in my backlog. ADD. (37 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: dude, the new games aren't going anywhere. You're not a panel judge who has to play games before some awards festival. Take your time with the backlog, FUCK NEW GAMES BRO! (40 minutes ago)
I knew this was coming.. complicates my decision making: [url] (45 minutes ago)
I keep trying to attack my backlog but then I get distracted by something shiny. (47 minutes ago)
I haven't been playing much. But I'm probably going to grab Trials Fusion tonight, and maybe pick up Skullgirls, which I already own, just because it's on sale and there will be an influx (49 minutes ago)
Yeah.. if only we had gems like Warframe to sink countless hours into when there's nothing else to play :D (50 minutes ago)