Here are 2 screens and a teaser for Command & Conquer: Generals 2. Using the Frostbite 2 technology, the game is being developped by Victory Games who has joined the Bioware label. Set to release on PC in 2013.
In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command of their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.
• All-out War – Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.
• Uncanny Sense of Realism – Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.
• New Ways to Dominate or Ally with your Friends – Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.
• Thrilling Campaign – Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives—from heroic General to crazed terrorist—while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.
• Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.
What bothers me most is it truly is creating gambling habits in small kids that also play these games (2 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: exactly, it’s nothing short of predatory. It’s literally using reasearch about the chemical reactions of the human brain to get people to spend more money than they want to (2 Hours ago)
They want you spending hundreds amassing a room full of dollar store garbage while you search out a t-shirt that actually looks like it wasnt designed by a monkey, (3 Hours ago)
I don't like lootcrate/nerd block for the same reasons. Yes you MIGHT get something cool, but that glimmer of hope is exactly what those companies are exploiting. (3 Hours ago)
But obviously thats just a single pay ent pirchase. Pubs want you spending weekly unlocking content you might not not even want or need. (3 Hours ago)
@Nietzsche: i agree. There os no justifiable reason to have the randomised element of loot boxes. The stuff should just be avalible in a store and you pay for what you want. (3 Hours ago)
but I do think overwatch does it in a much less harmful way than most others (5 Hours ago)