Here are 2 screens and a teaser for Command & Conquer: Generals 2. Using the Frostbite 2 technology, the game is being developped by Victory Games who has joined the Bioware label. Set to release on PC in 2013.
In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command of their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.
• All-out War – Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.
• Uncanny Sense of Realism – Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.
• New Ways to Dominate or Ally with your Friends – Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.
• Thrilling Campaign – Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives—from heroic General to crazed terrorist—while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.
• Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.
I have a hard time when a fat bomber rolls around on skated with a parasol cocktail in his hand, whilst doing a pseudo-philosophical monologue about life. It's neither funny or cool, it's just dumb. (21 minutes ago)
@Melmoth: Yeah, but MGS1 has a good balance, 2 and onward doesn't. IMO. (49 minutes ago)
@Megido: that's the beauty of metal gear :). the mix of realism and (wtf) fantasy (1 Hour ago)
@MikeManiac61: He sounds like he's on the toilet with a serious constipation problem :) (4 Hours ago)
Especially on MGS4, he made it sound like he had a clog of saliva in his throat. (4 Hours ago)
@Megido: I think i'm the minority on this, but the VA for Snake (forgot his name) didn't click with me. (5 Hours ago)
I ca suspend my diabelief for walking tanks and cyber ninjas. Bomb planting fatsos with rocket powered rollerblades is a step too far. (6 Hours ago)