Nordic Games and Gunfire Games are bringing Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this Winter. It features all DLCs, improved graphics, native 1080p and more. Get the screens and details inside.
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition galloping to current gen consoles
Nordic Games today announced that the Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition will come to current-gen consoles this winter.
The Deathinitive Edition will be a visually updated version of Darksiders 2, including all DLCs (Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb) and running in native 1080p resolution. In addition to the graphic upgrade, adjustments to the game balancing and loot distribution have been made. The entire project is in the experienced hands of Gunfire Games, where nearly all staffers have already been working at Vigil Games and on Darksiders in the past.
Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Director at Nordic Games: “We took over the franchise roughly 2 years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then. Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders, but for now it is very important for us to take care of the existing games and make those available to a broader audience. Bringing Darksiders 2 to current gen was a logical step for us and the team at Gunfire Games know their trade inside-out, so we easily and quickly had lots of ideas that we wanted to realise for this specific edition.”
“It feels good to be working on Darksiders again, after a couple of years of hiatus”, comments David Adams, founder and president of Gunfire Games. “This project is a great opportunity for us to pick up where we left off two years ago and dig deeper into the game, which is close to all our hearts. Bringing the definitive Darksiders 2 experience to life is something that we hope a lot of people will enjoy and look forward to.”
Deathinitive Edition Features:
• Darksiders 2 with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours
*(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb)
• Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
• Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
• Running in native 1080p resolution
• Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
What starts with War, ends in Death.
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation...
• Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
• Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
• Heaven/Hell: Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
• Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
• Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
• Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
She's gotta have it on Netflix: nope, I don't get it. Must be because I'm white. I'm not kidding. (3 Hours ago)
But for games like OW is not an issue. Funny thing is most people who complain about OW having lootboxes dont even own a copy of OW or play the game. Don't even play MP games in general. (3 Hours ago)
Nobody is saying to not condemned EA for what they did. Yeah they did really bad, and they should get punish by it. They are getting punish by the market already. (3 Hours ago)
Cosmetic lootboxes on overwatch doesnt affect the gameplay at all, and if you play the game enough you get those stuff for free anyways. You really dont have to grind that much tbh. (3 Hours ago)
Say welcome to seasson passes, split comunity, having to pay more than $60 for the game to get all the maps or heroes I want, so yeah I will take lootboxes on Overwatch over having to buy a season pas (3 Hours ago)
If you remove lootboxes for cosmetic stuff that doesn't affect gameplay at all on Overwatch, them forget about getting free maps, free new heroes, free content in general. (3 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: Agreed. They're in on it too, so fuck em. (5 Hours ago)