Photojournalist Frank West is back with Dead Rising 2: Off the Record which will be out this Fall on consoles and PC for an all new storyline. Trailer, screens and features inside.
Dead rising 2: Off the Record, sees photojournalist and original hero of Dead Rising’s Willamette incident, Frank West take center stage as players experience a reimagining of the Fortune City outbreak.
The new, “Off the Record” storyline means an all new Dead Rising 2 experience. Frank will face off against more twisted enemies, build more outrageous combo weapons, follow his own unique mission structure and explore brand new areas of Fortune City to get his biggest scoop yet. Frank’s come back means the return of his trusty camera, with players able to earn Prestige Points (PP) for specific photo opportunities that are graded against criteria such as horror, drama, erotica and brutality.
We listened to fans when it came to Dead Rising 2, so in addition to the new scenario and gameplay enhancements, Dead rising 2: Off the Record offers a suite of technical updates including load time optimizations, improved network performance and a host of system upgrades to deliver a more satisfying Dead Rising experience.
- Frank west is back – The original Dead Rising hero returns to get the scoop on the Fortune City outbreak.
- Fortune City but not as you know it – Experience a re-interpretation of the Fortune City outbreak through the eyes and camera of photojournalist Frank West.
- New story and missions unique to Frank West
- New environments
- New enemies and more psychotic Psychos
- New crazy and hilarious combo-weapons
- New items and vehicles
- Say “Cheese!” – Capture those classic, violent, scary, hilarious Dead Rising moments, earn Prestige Points and complete all new missions with Frank’s new and improved camera feature.
- Upgraded Experience – Full of technical improvements, system enhancements and feature upgrades to create a faster, smoother, more satisfying Dead Rising.
The game will be out Fall 2011 on 360, PS3, and PC.
@rayy: Yes, Larian Studios is great. And D:OS2 had a year of Early Access with constant updates based on the community's feedback. Also, something I forgot to mention, there's already many mods for it (7 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: Yes, HDR is really awesome. But like with VR, it can't be shown in images or videos, you need to check it in person. Try all the games you can, it might give them a "second wind" for you. (9 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: Play it today at a friend house on coop. Definitely much better game than the first and the first was already really good. I was also surprise how well it plays with a controller. (9 Hours ago)
directly compare it to SDR, holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I just checked Ghost Recon beta and Hitman, ooooh my. :) (14 Hours ago)
@Sdarts: No lies detected man, very true. I don't know why I didn't notice it before, then again my only way of seeing a HDR game was via a video or two. But now with my own games and being able to (14 Hours ago)
[url] And seems sales are great. Much deserved. (14 Hours ago)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the 2nd best reviewed game of the year: [url] (14 Hours ago)