Codemasters has just announced DiRT 4, coming to consoles and PC on June 6. Get the first screenshots, teaser and details inisde.
THE MULTI-MILLION SELLING OFF-ROAD FRANCHISE RETURNS WITH BUGGIES, TRUCKS, RALLY, RALLYCROSS AND A GAME CHANGER FOR RACING
THURSDAY 26th JANUARY – Codemasters & Koch Media today announced that DiRT® 4™ will fearlessly race to the PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC in June 2017. Hot on the heels of 2016’s critically and commercially successful DiRT Rally®, DiRT 4 takes the passion and authenticity of off-road racing to the next level, whilst also reintroducing gamers to white knuckle truck and buggy racing in Landrush. You can watch the announcement trailer now at http://www.dirt4game.com/ .
DiRT 4 will feature a game changing system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique stages at the touch of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
Globally renowned for delivering premium quality, authentic and fun racing games, Codemasters is once more bringing its talent and experience to the world of off-road driving. With DiRT 4, the team have sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, accessibility and adrenalin-fuelled contests previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.
Featuring classic rally racing that continues to build on the foundations set by the Colin McRae Rally games, the bruising contests from the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride, players will face the challenges from as far apart as Australia, Spain and California in a truly global sport.
DiRT 4 challenges you to “Be Fearless” by capturing the thrill, emotion and passion of off-road racing. It recreates the heady mix of adrenalin and fear that comes from powering around a blind bend and the rush you feel going for a last ditch overtake when there’s not enough room on the final lap of a race. Off-road racing is about more than perfect cornering, it’s about heart-pounding split section decision making where bravery brings reward.
• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
• 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
• THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
• LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
• JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
• DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
• CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
• COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
• NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
• TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
• DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
abbreviated as PS, while people often write PS1. I remember buying pirated Playstation games from HK in 95-96 which had a crappy PSX logo pasted over the top of the artwork.. super legit :) (1 Hour ago)
@KORNdog: yea, i laugh when i see PSX. somehow it's stuck for all those years. Ofc there's an actual product called PSX which is the PS2 based recorder. As for Playstation i think it's officially (1 Hour ago)
The Wii-U should have been called Puu (1 Hour ago)
Well, it could be worse. Could be something daft, like Wii-U (2 Hours ago)
do i think it'll be called that? no. do i think anyone thinks it'll be called that? no (2 Hours ago)
@MrWhite: i think that's just people maintaining current naming convention to let people know what they're talking about. i call next gen xbox "xbox two" for instance. (2 Hours ago)