Square Enix has announced Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age coming to the PlayStation 4 in 2017. We don't have (yet) the trailer in good quality but you'll find inside the first screenshots and details about this remaster. Update: trailer added.
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE BRINGS NEVER-BEFORE-AVAILABLE JOB SYSTEM TO THE WEST
Newly Remastered Title Offers Gorgeous High-Definition Visuals, Sound and Modern Gameplay Advancements
LOS ANGELES (June 6, 2016) – Fans can finally experience the world of Ivalice like never before with FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE, an HD remaster of FINAL FANTASY XII. Announced for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system today, the title will give western audiences the first opportunity to experience the Zodiac Job System, a 12-job character progression system first introduced in the 2007 title, FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM.
Additional features include:
• Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
• True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
• Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
• New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles
• Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation ® 4 system trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
• An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games
Hands-on opportunities with the game will be available at the Square Enix booth at this year’s E3.
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be coming to the PlayStation®4 system in 2017. This title is not yet rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
If you have an Xbox One and still not sure about Mass Effect Andromeda or just want to try it out for ten hours on March 16.....EA Access 1 month is now 1,79GBP (3 minutes ago)
they should probably beef up their PSVR production though at least a little. before people get tired of waiting. again, some places have them readily available. others have non. (46 minutes ago)
not manufacturing 40 million and expecting to sell every unit. lol. (46 minutes ago)
@MrWhite: they haven't. in some places it's been sold out, much like PSVR. they're clearly playing it safe with both. realistic expectation basically. (48 minutes ago)
Couple of million wouldn't be bad numbers. I don't think they've made a surplus amount of them in any case. Similar with the PSVR. (49 minutes ago)
i'd assume it's sold a couple million worldwide. i can't imagine it's setting the world on fire. (54 minutes ago)
@MrWhite: they released NPD numbers i think a while back. black friday maybe? i think it was something like 40% of the sales of that month were pro. 60% was slim... (55 minutes ago)