Atari also released a couple of new images from Ghostbusters, to be released on six platforms next year.
Atari press release:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise and featuring a completely new story, is coming to six game systems in 2009. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release, the game reunites original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation.
Penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters: The Video Game brings members of the original cast together for the first time in 20 years. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. Players will have the chance to chase, attack, and catch ghosts in a funny and frightening battle to save New York from its latest supernatural plague.
· Authentic Ghostbusters Experience: The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
· Unique gameplay: Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments and large scale boss fights
· All New Storyline – Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game will feature an all new storyline as the player battles and captures well-loved and brand new ghosts throughout New York
· Six Game Systems –PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS, capitalizing on the graphical and gameplay strengths of the different platforms
· Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary – 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray™ disc
@alimokrane: 300 was absolute trash, same goes its series "counterpart" spartan or whatever. Gore and sex for the sake of it, every attack was huge wide mouth gaping facial expression lol just dumb. (8 minutes ago)
I definitely want to see that John Wick movie. Hitman...not so much. Not at all. (13 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: Anyway, back to games. Disgaea 5 is out soon, you getting it KORN? (28 minutes ago)
because it had some plot (not fantastic) but it had something... (29 minutes ago)
@Sath: That scene was heart-wrenching but it felt very out of place and honestly forced. I guess there are fans of this type of movies but it wasn't for me. The 300 was sort of similar and I loved it (30 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: I loved it ever since i saw it in SC Conviction, then i saw it in John Wick, no idea about the new Hitman, but will keep my eye out for it. (55 minutes ago)
it seems like that style of shooting is becoming quite popular. the new hitman movie he does it to. it's a very efficient means of shooting. and very CQC based. i like it. (56 minutes ago)