Atari also released a couple of new images from Ghostbusters, to be released on six platforms next year.
Atari press release:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise and featuring a completely new story, is coming to six game systems in 2009. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release, the game reunites original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation.
Penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters: The Video Game brings members of the original cast together for the first time in 20 years. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. Players will have the chance to chase, attack, and catch ghosts in a funny and frightening battle to save New York from its latest supernatural plague.
· Authentic Ghostbusters Experience: The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
· Unique gameplay: Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments and large scale boss fights
· All New Storyline – Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game will feature an all new storyline as the player battles and captures well-loved and brand new ghosts throughout New York
· Six Game Systems –PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS, capitalizing on the graphical and gameplay strengths of the different platforms
· Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary – 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray™ disc
Even if you have the money, if the place where you're gonna put your TV and the viewing distance should always be taken into account. If you don't have a big room, don't buy a very big TV. (1 Hour ago)
@Moonwalker: If you do any basic research into TVs, you will find out that viewing distance and display size are very important factors when deciding to buy a TV. (1 Hour ago)
difference was barely noticeable. Checked some sites, they recommend at least 1.98m, so i do that, difference was instantly noticeable, lol. The question is, do you want to sit 2m away from a 65''? :P (5 Hours ago)
I have to come back to that about 4K, me and my stupid ass didn't take into account the viewing distance. Stupid me was watching both 1080p and 4K Netflix at like 3.5m away from the 65 inch TV. (5 Hours ago)
ooo Pyre on discount and it comes out next month! I didn't even realize it was coming so soon (15 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: I imagine the bitrate for most 4K streaming is going to be significantly less than the bitrate on most 1080p blu-rays. (18 Hours ago)
These shows already are crisp as can be on the B6, not demo video crisp. Was kinda expecting that from Netflix 4K. Guess i really need to see a 4K BR disc. (21 Hours ago)