Atari also released a couple of new images from Ghostbusters, to be released on six platforms next year.
Atari press release:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise and featuring a completely new story, is coming to six game systems in 2009. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release, the game reunites original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation.
Penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters: The Video Game brings members of the original cast together for the first time in 20 years. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. Players will have the chance to chase, attack, and catch ghosts in a funny and frightening battle to save New York from its latest supernatural plague.
· Authentic Ghostbusters Experience: The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
· Unique gameplay: Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments and large scale boss fights
· All New Storyline – Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game will feature an all new storyline as the player battles and captures well-loved and brand new ghosts throughout New York
· Six Game Systems –PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS, capitalizing on the graphical and gameplay strengths of the different platforms
· Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary – 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray™ disc
I'm thoroughly enjoying the fast and furious forza 2 game. it is actually much more than a demo (7 minutes ago)
But again, why not show a trailer at E3? Show the fans what the team has been working on, show that it has made this delay worth it, i don't get it. (30 minutes ago)
Plenty of speculation on NeoGAF that this is either coming to Wii U AND the new NX...thing, or only for the NX. They seem to think NX releases in 2016. Nothing surprises me in this industry. (50 minutes ago)
@Ian_Nottingham: Metroid is definitely something i can see coming too. I mean...Retro's last game was DKCTF, nothing after that. Or perhaps a new 3D Mario? (55 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: Nintendo has so much riding on zelda,it's best to give it as much time as possible.Perhaps a new third person metroid? (58 minutes ago)
I do wonder what game is going to take Zelda's spot now. Xenoblade? Definitely not the same appeal as a Zelda game. Maybe they got a big game reveal planned for E3....meh. (1 Hour ago)
And then they finally announce it, show it, it truly seemed like a 2015 title to me. Honestly did not see this coming. (1 Hour ago)