Atari also released a couple of new images from Ghostbusters, to be released on six platforms next year.
Atari press release:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise and featuring a completely new story, is coming to six game systems in 2009. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release, the game reunites original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation.
Penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters: The Video Game brings members of the original cast together for the first time in 20 years. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. Players will have the chance to chase, attack, and catch ghosts in a funny and frightening battle to save New York from its latest supernatural plague.
· Authentic Ghostbusters Experience: The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
· Unique gameplay: Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments and large scale boss fights
· All New Storyline – Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game will feature an all new storyline as the player battles and captures well-loved and brand new ghosts throughout New York
· Six Game Systems –PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS, capitalizing on the graphical and gameplay strengths of the different platforms
· Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary – 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray™ disc
(you know) meaning, "The Last of Us". (2 Hours ago)
Besides.."I Am Alive" isn't even worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as (you know)! I refuse to do so! (2 Hours ago)
Also, when you run out of ammo, and the gun just makes a empty clicking sound, they will rush at you, and say "you're out of ammo, you might as well give up" and many other taunts. (2 Hours ago)
*takes another sip of grape juice* Hell yeah the enemies surrender, when you sneak up on them and have a gun to their head! But some will try to break free and kill you. (2 Hours ago)
@Loakum: Why? The AI did that same stuff in I Am Alive, can enemies surrender too? [url] Would like to know why it'll be talked about for literally decades. (2 Hours ago)
The Last of Us is really a benchmark in gaming period! It will be talked about for decades to come! (3 Hours ago)
@ManThatYouShouldFear - The game's characters, and the A.I. react to how you play! The enemy A.I. react, to whether you have a gun or not, and what postition you're in! (3 Hours ago)