Atari also released a couple of new images from Ghostbusters, to be released on six platforms next year.
Atari press release:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise and featuring a completely new story, is coming to six game systems in 2009. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release, the game reunites original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation.
Penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters: The Video Game brings members of the original cast together for the first time in 20 years. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. Players will have the chance to chase, attack, and catch ghosts in a funny and frightening battle to save New York from its latest supernatural plague.
· Authentic Ghostbusters Experience: The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
· Unique gameplay: Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments and large scale boss fights
· All New Storyline – Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game will feature an all new storyline as the player battles and captures well-loved and brand new ghosts throughout New York
· Six Game Systems –PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS, capitalizing on the graphical and gameplay strengths of the different platforms
· Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary – 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray™ disc
2x the price for better effects and framerate will be a bad deal for many. Just like a GTX 970 was a better deal than a GTX 980, you could even do GTX 970 Sli at GTX 980's price with little more money (1 minute ago)
In that NeoGAF thread where that source was verified and many of the things he/she said were corrobarated by GiantBomb and EuroGamer, he said the price could go up to U$ 499, PS4 Base is around U$ 249 (5 minutes ago)
I'm actually quite leaning towards PS4 Base right now, because depending on the price it will just not be worthy, specially since after an official announcement from Sony, PS4 prices will drop. (7 minutes ago)
The current consoles haven't lost their charm, though. It's just like PC where you have minimum and recommended system requirements, it will just add more effects or better framerate. (8 minutes ago)
@alimokrane: I'm sure it will. Specially considering Sony made those policies to not alienate owners of PS4 Base. Microsoft knows that if they do something opposite, they would get a lot of hate. (10 minutes ago)
As for Xbox Scorpio, I dont care as long as all games released for scorpio work for Xbx One, Im fine. (2 Hours ago)
@Sdarts: As I dont own a PS4 yet, yes I am doing the same (2 Hours ago)