Atari also released a couple of new images from Ghostbusters, to be released on six platforms next year.
Atari press release:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise and featuring a completely new story, is coming to six game systems in 2009. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release, the game reunites original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation.
Penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters: The Video Game brings members of the original cast together for the first time in 20 years. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. Players will have the chance to chase, attack, and catch ghosts in a funny and frightening battle to save New York from its latest supernatural plague.
· Authentic Ghostbusters Experience: The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
· Unique gameplay: Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments and large scale boss fights
· All New Storyline – Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game will feature an all new storyline as the player battles and captures well-loved and brand new ghosts throughout New York
· Six Game Systems –PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS, capitalizing on the graphical and gameplay strengths of the different platforms
· Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary – 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray™ disc
Which also reminds me about SquareEnix. Where the hell is The Last Remnant 2, one of the most underrated games of all time IMO. (2 minutes ago)
PS4 will pick up nicely over there after FF15, MetalGearSolid 5, FF7 Remake etc though (3 minutes ago)
I doubt we will see that many JRPGs sadly. If only microsoft would greenlight BlueDragon 2 and Lost Odyssey 2. they will never happen but I wont stop hoping just like Beyond Good and Evil 2 or PoP! (4 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: Cracking the Japanease market is extremely hard. National Brand loyalty there is insane. Besides, even WiiU and PS4 are not doing that well over there (5 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: they had those and many others because ms tried to break through on the japanese market and we all now how that worked out (14 minutes ago)
Which is understandable i guess, but also sucks. 360 had Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata and plenty more, where are they? (30 minutes ago)
@alimokrane: Definitely. That's always a good thing. I also hope in due time that Xbox One gets some of these JRPG's too. So far it's missing most of them. (31 minutes ago)