It was hard to not actually laugh at this title when I first saw it, but it's true - it's the History Channel Civil War, a full price strategy title for the Xbox 360 (and Playstation 2). The game is now officially announced, with more info and some screenshots inside.
The game will be released the 14th of November in the US, and here is a fact sheet from the publisher Activision:
Immerse yourself in the intensity, carnage, and chaos of the war that divided a nation! Experience history brought to life in the first ever first-person action game based on the Civil War. Play as a Confederate or Union soldier in America’s most historic battles including Gettysburg, Bull Run and Antietam. Use authentic firearms, fight in intense hand-to-hand combat, place explosives, sabotage enemy artillery, destroy buildings, and more!
· America’s Most Historic Battles – Twelve of the most famous battles in the Nation’s history including Gettysburg, Bull Run and Antietam. Experience famous locations such as Little Round Top and Lookout Mountain and diverse landscapes including train yards, saw mills, military forts, trenches, towns and large open battlefields.
· Intense Hand-to-Hand Fighting – Experience the intense chaos of the Civil War including close quarters and melee fighting using bayonets, sabers, the butt of your gun and even your fists in the midst of raging battles.
· Wide Variety of Battlefield Combat – Enlist realistic battle strategies including line fighting, artillery barrages, urban assaults, sniping, stealth and sabotage. Set charges, place explosives, sabotage enemy telegraph lines, destroy buildings, enemy fortifications and more to complete mission objectives.
· Authentic Weaponry of the Civil War – Authentic Civil War weapons transport gamers to the battlefields armed with repeating rifles, multiple types of grenades, exploding artillery, gatling guns, revolvers, bayonets, muskets, sabers and more!
· Awesome Cinematic War Experience – Battles come to life amidst exploding artillery, whistling bullets, falling comrades and much more!
· Incredible realism and historical accuracy -- Battlefield recreations are based on topographical maps and photographs from the actual battlegrounds. Each level begins with a documentary video describing the historic moments in each battle, movements of armies, local fights, historical photos and battle statistics.
@Sdarts: Play it today at a friend house on coop. Definitely much better game than the first and the first was already really good. I was also surprise how well it plays with a controller. (3 Hours ago)
directly compare it to SDR, holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I just checked Ghost Recon beta and Hitman, ooooh my. :) (8 Hours ago)
@Sdarts: No lies detected man, very true. I don't know why I didn't notice it before, then again my only way of seeing a HDR game was via a video or two. But now with my own games and being able to (8 Hours ago)
[url] And seems sales are great. Much deserved. (9 Hours ago)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the 2nd best reviewed game of the year: [url] (9 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: HDR does more for that "Wow!" factor than just increasing resolution to 4K. (9 Hours ago)
Tried out FM7 demo, FH3, Recore and man....what a difference. SDR looks dull in comparison now, jeez. In terms of colours for starters, sky and sun in FM7 and FH3 looks lovely, vivid. (9 Hours ago)