Capcom announced during its Captivate event Lost Planet 3 set to release early in 2013. Developed by Spark Unlimited, the game will introduce Jim Peyton, a rig pilot who take on a contract on E.D.N. III. Besides the single player campaign, the title will feature various multiplayer modes with on-foot battles and first person action for all.
The latest chapter in the Lost Planet™ series comes to Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 and Windows PC in early 2013. The extreme and unpredictable conditions that characterised the Lost Planet series return, harsher than ever before. Lost Planet™ 3 reveals new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history of E.D.N. III.
Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim Peyton, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing the planet for colonisation, Jim joins his fellow pioneers at the Coronis base and begins surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet’s energy supply – Thermal Energy.
With NEVEC’s existing Thermal Energy reserve running low the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realising that this is a great opportunity for a huge pay-off and early ticket home to his family, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment and threat of the indigenous Akrid.
Acting as a home away from home and boasting an array of tools that can assist Jim on the field, the utility rig provides Jim’s safety and is essential not only for his contract work but also his protection against the ever-changing climate.
Lost Planet 3 will deliver a diverse range of gameplay including on-foot battles and intense first person action. With a number of multiplayer modes and a compelling single player experience, Lost Planet 3 will delve deeper into the Lost Planet universe, uncovering hidden truths within the unique and dynamic environment of E.D.N. III.
• Return to extreme conditions – Taking the series back to its roots Lost Planet 3 returns to E.D.N. III, delivering a dynamic battle field that’s more dangerous than ever before with an ever changing climate that will affect the way you play.
• Brave the terrifying – Play as blue collar worker Jim, risking assignments in treacherous conditions to earn his hazard pay and return home to his family.
• Home away from home – Protect yourself from hostile Akrid and the unpredictable ice storms on E.D.N. III with your utility rig. Equipped with an assortment of tools you’ll need to learn to use the rig to your advantage in order to survive.
• Gameplay Variety – Offering a mix of first person combat in the rig and third person gunplay on foot.
• Intense, cinematic experience – Developed with the Unreal Engine 3, Lost Planet 3 presents a visually stunning and unique terrain that impacts the gameplay.
• Killer enemies – The Akrid are back, bigger and angrier and demanding a more tactical approach during combat.
• Reveal the hidden truths of E.D.N. III – The uncharted world has many secrets locked away. Jim’s search for T-Energy will ultimately reveal further mysteries.
• Lonely Planet? – Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world.
person multiplayer - I just prefer to see the character I am playing with. (47 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: I very rarely play 1st person SP games. The only ones I played are FarCry 1/2/3, Doom 3, Halo 1/2/3/4/5. RE7 put me off because of 1st person but I will play it eventually. I dont play 1st (48 minutes ago)
Third person cameras can be a bit annoying in multiplayer shooters since it allows you to move the camera beyond your line of sight. (7 Hours ago)
@alimokrane: Why do you only play third person multiplayer games? Do you only play third person SP games? (7 Hours ago)
@droezelke: What Scoobs said is what i meant. I really like how that looked. Of course gameplay remains to be seen. (11 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: I only saw the movie sequel. Which I can't remember much of. (11 Hours ago)
I still need to read 3001. (12 Hours ago)