Klei Entertainment has announced that the great stealth-platform game Mark of the Ninja is getting a special edition. It will feature a new level, a new style of play, new items and a ton of developer commentary. The team expects it will be out this Summer on Xbox Live and Steam (price TBD). Trailer inside.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
• A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
• Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
• Finally, we've added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
• Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Additional details below.)
But they haven't stayed consistent. In BF1 the best vanilla SMG is *by far* the hardest to unlock. (2 Hours ago)
Example: the best AR in BF3/4 is the AEK and it's one of the first guns you unlock in both games. (2 Hours ago)
@Tinks: Right.. a lot of their unlocks avoid this issue by putting all the best stuff at the front of the unlock tree. (2 Hours ago)
the unlock rate is bad when it means gaining perk advantages against others with less playtime. (3 Hours ago)
and then letting you use those weapons against users who don't have them has always seemed wrong to me (9 Hours ago)
@MikeManiac61: I don't mind the unlock rate too much (although there are a few exceptions in BF1) since they frontload the best weapons a lot of the time. But locking good weapons behind DLC (9 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: Having the same sentiments. It's reminding me of Battlefront 2 and their system where you have to grind so much for an unlock. (9 Hours ago)