Klei Entertainment has announced that the great stealth-platform game Mark of the Ninja is getting a special edition. It will feature a new level, a new style of play, new items an a ton of developer commentary. The team expects it will be out this Summer on Xbox Live and Steam (price TBD). Trailer inside.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
• A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
• Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
• Finally, we've added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
• Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Additional details below.)
If anything, i think he should be happy. his books were pretty much completely unknown outside of Poland before the games so far as i know, so why complain? More people will read the books. Win. (15 minutes ago)
offered a percentage of all sales. So he screwed himself because he didn't think the games would sell. As much as i like his books, i mean...tough luck bro. (18 minutes ago)
@asdfg: Grift posted a link about Zapkowski who was butthurt about the Witcher games as they internationally overshadow his books, and that he took a straight payment upfront even though he was... (19 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: yeah. $20 is a bit steep. I got it on a whim since it was £5 on psn and heard really good things about it. And while it's short. It looks ripe for multiple runs. (33 minutes ago)