Klei Entertainment has announced that the great stealth-platform game Mark of the Ninja is getting a special edition. It will feature a new level, a new style of play, new items an a ton of developer commentary. The team expects it will be out this Summer on Xbox Live and Steam (price TBD). Trailer inside.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
• A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
• Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
• Finally, we've added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
• Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Additional details below.)
@aphex187: Well the early access edition is $75 it looks like anyway. Steep for a game that's not finished but I guess that's not an unheard of approach. (1 minute ago)
Frustrating as shit that MS is sitting on this franchise not doing a goddamn thing with it. Now I know Rare's Gregg Mayles always wanted to make a pirate game and he is, but still. (5 minutes ago)
The absolute fantastic music that I can't help but constantly hum along to. Great level design, loveable character and their humor, the platforming itself, all the abilities, just... everything man. (6 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: Vat and then paypal charges crippled the overall price. I sat there and pondered if i should pay it and tbh i've just sold my Numark deck and though fk it. (8 minutes ago)
Been playing Banjo Kazooie all evening and man it's just so fucking good. So damn timeless this game. Definitely one of my favorite games ever. There is pretty much nothing bad about it. (12 minutes ago)