Klei Entertainment has announced that the great stealth-platform game Mark of the Ninja is getting a special edition. It will feature a new level, a new style of play, new items an a ton of developer commentary. The team expects it will be out this Summer on Xbox Live and Steam (price TBD). Trailer inside.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
• A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
• Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
• Finally, we've added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
• Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Additional details below.)
@droezelke: Yep, absolutely no reason for me at all to get one right now. I'm good with Zelda on Wii U. If Mario had been a launch title though....... lol. (1 Hour ago)
this year because this was clearly going to be Sony's year, but then MS announced Scorpio and Mario Odyssey was announced. But next year should be fine, no big purchases planned, haha. (1 Hour ago)
I told myself when PS4 had just released that I was gonna get one when Uncharted 4 came out, but when it came out I borrowed my brother's PS4 and finished it. So I was then planning on getting one (1 Hour ago)
@Moonwalker: For Mario you have time until September. :-) (1 Hour ago)
I realize I'm going to need a PS4 for that and the plan is to get one next year. Just can't be this year with Scorpio, a new TV and probably a Switch for Mario too, lol. (1 Hour ago)
A JRPG like Ni No Kuni 2, Tales of series, Star Ocean even though the latest is bad. Not just JRPG either, games like Nioh, Nier etc (1 Hour ago)
@asdfg: Nah not those turn based JRPGs. Combat needs to be real time for me in any RPG. I just can't get into turn based battles. (1 Hour ago)