Klei Entertainment has announced that the great stealth-platform game Mark of the Ninja is getting a special edition. It will feature a new level, a new style of play, new items and a ton of developer commentary. The team expects it will be out this Summer on Xbox Live and Steam (price TBD). Trailer inside.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
• A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
• Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
• Finally, we've added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
• Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Additional details below.)
... I can't even think of what they want. Maybe expecting CoH or AoE or even a Starcraft like game, but it's not even trying to be a strategy game like that. (3 Hours ago)
@rayy: I think so. If I hit on something later in the game that I haven't gotten to yet I'll let you know, but so far I don't see any control flaws. (3 Hours ago)
If you took the sword work and handling from Witcher and put it in Skyrim, you have the ultimate game in that genre. Mods made Skyrim in my opinion; vanilla was stunted outside of stealth backstabbery (3 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: Both games in my eyes had spotty combat. I played W3 for its story and life. As for Skyrim, the vanilla version of the game felt bland without the mods. (5 Hours ago)
And I think the gameplay that is there is pretty janky and pretty shallow. (5 Hours ago)
I get that you think Skyrim is crap, but The Witcher 3 aint "a good version of Skyrim" because they have totally different goals. TW3 doesn't even attempt half the systems that Skyrim does. (5 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: Nah, that's *really* not all there is to it. You're comparing a broken apple with a poorly designed orange. (6 Hours ago)