Klei Entertainment has announced that the great stealth-platform game Mark of the Ninja is getting a special edition. It will feature a new level, a new style of play, new items an a ton of developer commentary. The team expects it will be out this Summer on Xbox Live and Steam (price TBD). Trailer inside.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
• A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
• Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
• Finally, we've added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
• Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Additional details below.)
I'm sure people miss the progression from more recent games tho.. some people are really into that. It's undeniably barebones by comparison. (10 minutes ago)
Have you noticed that you can still be revived waaaay after the "bleed out" period? Still saves a death too.. hah. (14 minutes ago)
It's not just the lack of unlocks.. lack of stuff in general. Battlefield 2 still had more vehicle and weapon variety than BF1. Way more. (15 minutes ago)
On another note, people moaning about unlocks and lack of them need to remember that BF2 shipped with possibly less than BF1 and that is considered the pinnacle of the series... (27 minutes ago)
I'm actually on OW for my ranked games first.. but learn to kill someone with a rifle and then talk to me :D (1 Hour ago)
Yea vehicle gameplay in Battlefield.. what a crazy thing to do right? (1 Hour ago)
@GriftGFX: you crack on with those tanks man. (1 Hour ago)