Publisher Maximum Games has announced Extinction, an action game from Iron Galaxy in which players control a warrior named Avil, one of the last Sentinels, who will face wave of Ravenii, armies of monsters that threaten humanity. The game is coming in Q1 2018 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. More details, screens and a cinematic trailre after the jump.
Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games Announce Extinction for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (June 1, 2017) — Legend calls them the Ravenii, encroaching armies of bloodthirsty monsters that once threatened to destroy humankind. Now, the threat has returned. Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games are proud to announce their thrilling, fast-paced action game – Extinction.
As far back as anyone can remember, humanity has been at war with itself. For generations, kingdoms have fought amongst themselves while the real threat loomed in the distance. Only those trained in the ways of the ancient order stand a chance at defeating the 150-foot-tall ogres and the armies that trail in their wake. You are one of the world’s last Sentinels, a soldier named Avil, equipped with the skills to battle the endless waves of Ravenii.
In Extinction, you’ll fight massive ogres and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defending cities and rescuing native villagers torn from their homes. Swiftly define your strategy as hordes attack from the ground and air. Use the dynamic skill-based combat system to tactically disarm and dismember enemies before going in for the kill.
“Extinction is absolutely relentless,” said Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy. “We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3.”
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking - both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster - each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical,” said Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Maximum Games.
• Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
• Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
• Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
• Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
• Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
• Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
• Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
This is no longer a war. It’s an annihilation. And you are all that stands between humanity … and extinction.
Extinction will be available on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC in Q1 2018.
@b0vril: well, they've done a bit of mo-cap. probably dancing emotes for online mode or some shit. (3 Hours ago)
So apparently Rockstar are working on GTA VI..... (3 Hours ago)
new wolfenstein previews out there, game looks so much nicer than the last one. (4 Hours ago)
and down - that was a review for alien resurrection in 2000. i found it kind of funny that gamespot complained about that, given that's how all games work now on consoles. (5 Hours ago)
The game's control setup is its most terrifying element. The left analog stick moves you forward, back, and strafes right and left, while the right analog stick turns you and can be used to look up (5 Hours ago)
@alimokrane: like you generalized that KORNdog must read reviews? (1 Day ago)
@asdfg: I wasnt talking about ALL gamers, I was talking to KORNdog. Way to go generalizing. No wonder the world is doing so well with everyone generalizing! (1 Day ago)