Like most titles today, Metro: Last Light came out with a season pack we didn't know much about. Deep Silver unveils the first DLC to be released next week and tells us a bit more about its content. For more info and a few images, you know where to click.
Deep Silver today announced that the Faction Pack is set for worldwide release on Steam and Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from Microsoft on July 16th, and will hit the PlayStation Network on July 16th in North America and July 17th in Europe and the rest of the world.
The Faction Pack includes three original single player missions, each casting the player as a different specialist from the warring Factions. Returning to some classic locations from Metro 2033, these missions feature new weapons, the return of a truly terrifying mutant foe, and offer three distinct gameplay challenges…
• As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Red Line, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night,under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm…
• … before defending the Frontline as a Reich ‘Heavy’, armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
• Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to light torches and leave a trail of lights so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out…
More details on the other upcoming DLC:
• The Chronicles Pack will include new, original single player gameplay that expands on the Metro: Last Light universe and story.
• The Tower Pack will present a unique solo challenge to Metro veterans.
• Meanwhile, the Developer Pack will give creative players some interesting tools with which to explore the world of Metro…
@KORNdog: Yes, I love Fear Effect very much. But if they're going to make it differently, I would prefer a sequel rather than a remake. Though remakes are easier, faster and cheaper to develop. (0 minute ago)
@Sdarts: i would prefer the cel shading too, but i'm not going to write off the entire game just because it doesn't have it. it's a great series and the fact it's back is awesome. (10 minutes ago)
Fear Effect (PS1) - All Cutscenes: [url] For comparison. (35 minutes ago)
This falls more in line with what Grift and others mentioned they hated in most mods - completely altering the artstyle. (37 minutes ago)
Plus, that walking animation looks janky as hell. If they were going to remake it, they should do Cel-Shading similar to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and CyberConnect2's Naruto games. (38 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: That Fear Effect "remake" actually looks like shit. The worse is the artsyle, the original and the sequel were never about realism, they had a very impactful artstyle that this has none of. (40 minutes ago)
Game of Thrones: "We make do with what we got." Now to wait for the season finale. (43 minutes ago)