The Weird West tactical game we talked about a year ago is back with new screenshots. The title from CreativeForge was funded through Kickstarter and remained quiet since then. Today we learn Hard West is published by Gambitious Entertainment and will hit PC this Fall. Get more details along with the screens after the jump.
Brutally Beautiful Tactical-Western, Hard West, Debuting at gamescom and PAX Prime, Launching Autumn 2015
- The successful Kickstarter project from the twisted Polish minds at CreativeForge Games brings a gritty frontier-inspired turn-based tactical game and adds a dash of the supernatural to create the weird, Wild West -
DEMON SALOON, WESTERN FRONTIER - Publisher Gambitious Digital Entertainment and developer CreativeForge Games have performed ritualistic blood sacrifice and joined spiritual forces on the successful Kickstarter project, Hard West - a classic Western tale of supernatural chaos and revenge coming to the PC platform in Autumn 2015 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/307670/). Hard West will make its press debut in the business area of gamescom, and will be shown at PAX Prime in the PAX Rising section of the show in booth #4043.
Originally successfully backed on Kickstarter to the tune of almost 5,000 backers, Hard West features a deep narrative of choice and fate, where the Luck of the Draw acts as your unique guardian in this brutal, beautiful, inspired classic world presented in a way no human has ever experienced.
Follow Warren on his descent into the darkest recesses of the human soul, and try to survive in a world full of hard choices and even harder consequences. Because in the frontier world of Hard West, death is a constant presence and the black pacts which you make with forces beyond human comprehension will forever haunt all those around you.
Hard West combines the imaginative minds of the dangerously creative Polish developers to tell a deeply riveting tale which was written in collaboration with Haris Orkin (Company of Heroes 2, Dying Light and Call of Juarez series), and features an original score composed by Marcin Przybyłowicz (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt).
Hard West features compelling tactical turn-based combat where players control 1-4 posse members dead-set against a world of satanic cults, arcane rituals, spirits and demons. Collect and master a range of western-inspired special abilities and create powerful combos to customize your gunslingers. You'll need them at their deadliest. Check out more at http://store.steampowered.com/app/307670/
Welcome to the Wild West like you’ve never seen it before. When a tragic turn of events sets one man down a path of supernatural chaos and revenge, he must brutally hunts down all those whom wronged him. Follow Warren on his descent into the darkest recesses of the human soul, and try to survive in a world full of hard choices and even harder consequences. Because in this world, death is a constant presence and the black pacts which you make with forces beyond human comprehension will forever haunt all those around you.
Fight and survive through 8 unique story-based scenarios, and try your hand at more than 40 individually designed turn-based combat missions. Journey deeper into the world of Hard West and meet a colorful cast of playable characters whose fates are intimately intertwined with yours. Together you will need to make divisive choices to uncover the ultimate plans of the ancient powers at play, as you unravel a deep narrative storyline featuring multiple endings depending on the choices you make during the game.
• A Unique “Weird” West World: Explore a world where Western legends meet demons, arcane rituals and satanic cults and where the dead can walk the Earth again. For a price.
• Compelling Turn-based Combat: Control 1-4 squad members in thrilling turn-based combat encounters and master a range of powerful western-inspired special abilities, from feats of gunslinging to survivability against all odds, to take out your opponents in a series of original tactical maps with unique story-based objectives.
• Collect and Combine Special Abilities: Obtain new special abilities by collecting and equipping unique cards which are earned throughout the game by completing main- and optional objectives, exploration , bartering, treasure hunting and more. These cards can be combined to create even more powerful combos, and provide additional options in combat.
• Choice and Fate: Experience a deep story where decisions made during and between combat scenarios will resonate through future events and change the ultimate fates of a divisive group of colorful characters
• Luck of the Draw: Use a combat system that goes far beyond pure probability by featuring luck as a unique guardian of engaging and challenging combat
• Dynamic Cover: Change the flow of combat thanks to an extensive cover system which allows for the creation of effective cover from objects in the environment, making flanking and maneuvering during battles a truly powerful tactic
• Shadow Spotting: Exploit the Blazing western sun to Locate out of sight enemies by the shadows that they cast, along with the sounds they make
• Ricochets: Utilize Metal objects to allow master gunslingers to shoot beyond the line of sight for increased tactical combat options, and diversified planning
• 40 Historically Inspired Weapons: Equip and employ an eclectic collection of deadly shotguns, rifles, pistols and sniper rifles, all based upon real outlandish prototypes, designs and ideas from the era
But they haven't stayed consistent. In BF1 the best vanilla SMG is *by far* the hardest to unlock. (6 Hours ago)
Example: the best AR in BF3/4 is the AEK and it's one of the first guns you unlock in both games. (6 Hours ago)
@Tinks: Right.. a lot of their unlocks avoid this issue by putting all the best stuff at the front of the unlock tree. (6 Hours ago)
the unlock rate is bad when it means gaining perk advantages against others with less playtime. (7 Hours ago)
and then letting you use those weapons against users who don't have them has always seemed wrong to me (13 Hours ago)
@MikeManiac61: I don't mind the unlock rate too much (although there are a few exceptions in BF1) since they frontload the best weapons a lot of the time. But locking good weapons behind DLC (13 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: Having the same sentiments. It's reminding me of Battlefront 2 and their system where you have to grind so much for an unlock. (13 Hours ago)