I've just put online our new stream player on the site. Our previous player was using JWplayer, which while being a great player cost us too much, so after some testing we decided to move on to Videojs, a free and open source player. The switch was quite complex technically as I had to quite a few small changes here and there to get to a more or less feature parity between the old and the new player. I have no doubt there are bugs, but we tested this on a lot of platforms, including the current consoles. Please let us know in the comments if you have any issues.
It's important to mention that this will not in any way change the quality of the videos in the stream, they are still encoded the same as before.