Sony and Overkill Software have announced PAYDAY: The Heist, an action-filled first person shooter for the PlayStation Network and PC. You can find the press release and screenshots below.
Action-Packed, High-Stakes Heists and Cooperative Gameplay Turn Up the Heat on the First Person Shooter Genre
SAN DIEGO, June 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced PAYDAY: The Heist, a high-intensity squad-based first person shooter where players take on the role of a hardened career criminal pulling death-defying heists in the never-ending pursuit of the next "big score." Quick wit, an equally fast trigger finger and above all teamwork are the rules of engagement in PAYDAY: The Heist, available later this year on the PlayStation®Network and PC systems via digital download.
"As a leading publisher of independent titles for both the PlayStation®Network and PC, SOE continues to innovate in the digital space with new titles that engage players with high-energy, multi-faceted gameplay experiences," said Christopher Sturr, Executive Director of Business Development, SOE. "PAYDAY: The Heist is a premier quality downloadable game designed to deliver a unique spin on the first person shooter genre. As an intense, gritty and unapologetic episodic cooperative shooter, PAYDAY is packed with cocky attitude, epic Hollywood-inspired action and endless replayability."
Players will embark on a spectacular crime spree of six heart stopping heists, including blasting their way through a downtown bank vault robbery, managing hostages in an armored car hijacking and even a midnight infiltration of a top-secret, high-security facility. Additionally, PAYDAY: The Heist challenges players with dynamic environments and adaptive enemy tactics — meaning no scenario will ever play out the same way twice. Teamwork is essential to ensure crew members provide cover under fire, guard key access points, break through various security measures and keep civilians in check. Survive wave after wave of the best that law enforcement can deploy as they shift strategies in response to player actions and gameplay style.
PAYDAY: The Heist was created by OVERKILL Software and will be published by Sony Online Entertainment. The game will be unveiled in SOE's booth at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) industry trade show, taking place June 7-9 in Los Angeles.
* Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether you're blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
* Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring get the "big score." Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regen wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages or cracking through various security measures — it's all for one and one for all.
* Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior, shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
* Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty — assault, sharpshooter or support — to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
* Shout Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
* Hostage Trading: Hostages can be a lifeline. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crew members back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
* PlayStation® or PC: For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix.
* More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY — a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game — is total OVERKILL.
PAYDAY: The Heist is not yet rated, but an M (Mature) rating is anticipated as the game may contain content inappropriate for children. Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
@Sdarts: lol, I read that as "far-right mechanics". (58 minutes ago)
There will also be a map editor. And you will be able to do fishing - which you kinda could in Far Cry 4, but that was using guns and explosives. (1 Hour ago)
There's a lot of details and 4 trailers inside. You will be able to play as either a man or a woman, and choose the color of your skin. You will also be able to play co-op, just like Far Cry 4. (1 Hour ago)
EuroGamer - Far Cry 5 introduces airplanes, muscle cars and far-right fanatics: [url] (1 Hour ago)
@Megido: doh. ofc it's namco, i just mentioned them as related in design to Shinobi since i was going in depth :D (1 Hour ago)
@b0vril: The setting of the game is definately an interesting one.... expect some media backlash (hopefully not!) (1 Hour ago)