Project CARS players on Xbox One have had to be patient since the game was released. Indeed, because of the exaggerated sensitivity of the controls with a gamepad, it was sometimes almost impossible to drive properly without either tweaking the controls or resorting to steering assistance. Thankfully, the latest patch which was made available today has finally solved the issue, as proven by our four direct feed videos captured on bumpy tracks in manual gear and real assists - which means sometimes none at all considering our choice of vehicles. The details for the patch are inside but you should also know that another patch is coming next week to bring the Xbox One version on par with the PS4 one from a technical standpoint. Something that should ease the wait before DirectX 12 is made available to make an even bigger difference, Ian Bell - head of SMS - having said that their game would benefit a lot from it on Microsoft's console.
* Added ABS brake rumble to Xbox One triggers, so that the triggers will rumble on losing traction when braking. The amount of trigger rumble is controlled together with Force Feedback strength via the Force Feedback slider.
* Improved the efficiency of the controller rumble effect, to help make the steering more responsive on the Xbox One.
* Fixed an issue where moving the sticks from one extreme to the other would sometimes result in the steering getting stuck.
* Reworked the Xbox One analogue sticks range and axis dead zones, providing much improved steering control.
* Fanatec wheels – Fixed the issue with steering jolts that some users experience.
* Fixed an occasional crash when advancing from Qualifying to Race.
* Fixed an occasional crash when returning from a race to the Race Central.
* Set Time Trials starting time to 11am to match the PC platform. This ensures consistent track temperatures across all platforms, as track temperatures affect lap times.
* Enabled saving of community event ghosts. These ghosts are automatically stored online, and you can then download ghosts of other players’ laps for these events.
* Sakitto and Summerton variations - Corrected track info regarding number of turns and track length.
* Sakitto Sprint - Fixed a crash that would at times occur when using time acceleration.
* Cadwell variations - Fixed draw distance issues on various objects.
* Oschersleben variations - Fixed odd lights around track and colour issues with the horizon.
* Zolder - Fixed an issue where the player car would sometimes start in a closed garage.
* Fixed an issue where AI vehicles were sometimes sent to the pits due to low fuel on races where refueling is not allowed.
* Pitstop strategy will now use the actual bar value for tyre pressures.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit engineer would repeatedly inform the player that a pit crew member has lost a wheel nut during pit stops.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit Engineer would call the player to stop for fuel when fuel consumption was disabled in options.
* Improved the smoothness of the sun, moon, stars, and shadow motion when rewinding replays of a race that had a high time acceleration.
Driver Network Profile:
* Fixed an issue where at times the miles driven on a particular track or with a particular car would be logged under the wrong car or track. This improves the accuracy of the player’s Affinity ratings.
@Moonwalker: plus the last 2 trully great R* games were long time ago for me (Bully and SA), so they have to do a lot to top these in my list. (9 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: even though i'm interested to see their 1st game for this gen, i'll try to not get hyped too much.It sounds good and all, but fuck lknows if all these things will work so well. (11 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: its especially weird given the brutality of the finishers. it's like they had some weird moral objection to showing blood...after animating the violent neck stabbing. lol (37 minutes ago)
@AMDman18: Xbox One X. Been seeing the lack of blood since E3. I thought that was just for the show. But nope. Such a weird decision of them. (1 Hour ago)
@Seth: That and you can swim. It's just a little something but more and more it started to look like we wouldn't be able. But it is :) (1 Hour ago)
instead of completely optional collectibles we're forced to put up with their survival systems that affect every facet of the game...yeah, give me backpacks any day of the week! lol (2 Hours ago)
anyways,the game having the MP3's shooting mechanics, dismemberment and varied random encounters/side missions is all i needed to know. (4 Hours ago)