Atari also unveiled three new images from Race Pro, to be released in January next year on Xbox 360.
Atari press release:
RACE Pro recreates a breathtaking reality giving gamers the ultimate racing simulation experience so that nothing gets closer to the action and thrill of professional car racing. RACE Pro provides unrivalled realism and deep immersion into the racing world through ultra realistic car models and official FIA championships and tracks.
RACE Pro offers a wealth of cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, as well as a host of championships including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW. Gamers and racing fans alike will experience the thrill of racing these powerful cars on 13 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are city tracks exclusive to RACE Pro, and US tracks Laguna Seca and Road America are brand new to SimBin fans.
· Award-winning game developer SimBin: developed by renowned award-winning game developer SimBin, a leading creator of PC racing simulators, RACE Pro brings their expertise to Xbox 360 for the very first time;
· Unparalleled realistic physics: powered by Lizard, SimBin’s own physics engine, to recreate breathtaking reality for the ultimate racing simulation experience;
· Real life handling and sounds: unique degree of realism thanks to real life data and engine sounds recorded directly from actual race cars at the track;
· 350 ultra realistic car models: from 48 car manufacturers, including Aston Martin, Saleen, Audi and many more, with cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power;
· Host of championships: including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship: one of the three official championships of the FIA), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW;
· Extensive multiplayer features: online play via Xbox Live® online game service and System Link support for up to 12 players, as well as an exclusive ‘hot seat’ mode.
@KORNdog: Yes, I love Fear Effect very much. But if they're going to make it differently, I would prefer a sequel rather than a remake. Though remakes are easier, faster and cheaper to develop. (13 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: i would prefer the cel shading too, but i'm not going to write off the entire game just because it doesn't have it. it's a great series and the fact it's back is awesome. (23 minutes ago)
Fear Effect (PS1) - All Cutscenes: [url] For comparison. (47 minutes ago)
This falls more in line with what Grift and others mentioned they hated in most mods - completely altering the artstyle. (50 minutes ago)
Plus, that walking animation looks janky as hell. If they were going to remake it, they should do Cel-Shading similar to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and CyberConnect2's Naruto games. (51 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: That Fear Effect "remake" actually looks like shit. The worse is the artsyle, the original and the sequel were never about realism, they had a very impactful artstyle that this has none of. (53 minutes ago)
Game of Thrones: "We make do with what we got." Now to wait for the season finale. (56 minutes ago)