Here are new concept arts for Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots that give an idea of what to expect from Ubisoft Montreal's game. Team Rainbow will be deployed in 2013. Update: Some game's details and features added.
NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Unprecedented Narrative – Patriots’ storyline explores an ultra-realistic what-if scenario inspired by real events and characters. The game will allow players to experience events from multiple perspectives creating an unprecedented level of immersion.
• A New Threat for a New Team – Terrorism has evolved and Team Rainbow must face an organized militia of home-grown insurgents. As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.
• Enhanced Squad Management – At the press of one button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.
• Evolved Combat – The game’s combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every combat situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple new techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted ‘Aussie Style Rappel’, Infiltrate & Subdue, just to name a few.
• Intense Multiplayer Experience – Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Once such feature found in the pre-game online lobby is the Sandtable, a holographic display that helps acquaint players with the level maps before they jump into the action. This will help players strategically coordinate attacks and add a new dimension to squad tactics.
• Surprise and Overpower Enemies – Utilize the game’s new Scan mode to strategically breach and infiltrate areas. This new tool will provide a thermal read on the situation, allowing you to determine the squad’s best course to overwhelm and defeat enemies.
@GriftGFX: I think MS were in full on panic mode because they wanted to add value to their box, so they showed everything. (4 Hours ago)
Yeah they just need to actually implement some of that stuff. They're charting an interesting path. I feel like they showed this game off before they knew what it was. (4 Hours ago)
For instance, in Destiny, the whole point of getting loot is to get better equipped to do raids for better equipment to do raids for better equipment and sometimes Iron Banner. (4 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: It really depends how they approach it. If you can upgrade your ship, crew etc to navigate more dangerous parts of the sea then it will be a dangling carrot scenario. (4 Hours ago)
Also, like the Division you have to cash in the loot before people steal it for themselves. The Division ran into the problem of just allowing anyone in the instances. (4 Hours ago)
And like.. what's the purpose of the loot itself. (4 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: I feel like what the loot is will determine the way people play. Will there be the standard common to Legendary loot? Will some loot be harder to navigate to, if so, will it be worth it? (4 Hours ago)