Here are new concept arts for Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots that give an idea of what to expect from Ubisoft Montreal's game. Team Rainbow will be deployed in 2013. Update: Some game's details and features added.
NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Unprecedented Narrative – Patriots’ storyline explores an ultra-realistic what-if scenario inspired by real events and characters. The game will allow players to experience events from multiple perspectives creating an unprecedented level of immersion.
• A New Threat for a New Team – Terrorism has evolved and Team Rainbow must face an organized militia of home-grown insurgents. As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.
• Enhanced Squad Management – At the press of one button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.
• Evolved Combat – The game’s combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every combat situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple new techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted ‘Aussie Style Rappel’, Infiltrate & Subdue, just to name a few.
• Intense Multiplayer Experience – Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Once such feature found in the pre-game online lobby is the Sandtable, a holographic display that helps acquaint players with the level maps before they jump into the action. This will help players strategically coordinate attacks and add a new dimension to squad tactics.
• Surprise and Overpower Enemies – Utilize the game’s new Scan mode to strategically breach and infiltrate areas. This new tool will provide a thermal read on the situation, allowing you to determine the squad’s best course to overwhelm and defeat enemies.
[url] man, the new micromachines actually looks good. who woulda thunk it. (24 minutes ago)
lol unshited as online competitive? don't make me laugh. (4 Hours ago)
I liked the first one. The cover system works okay in elimination deathmatch. I'm not a fan of sticky cover as a rule though. Especially now that many games have done contextual auto cover that works. (7 Hours ago)
I guess so? It's been a long time since I played one to be fair (7 Hours ago)
Yea.. that's what Gears of War is. (8 Hours ago)
also GOW looked interesting from some of the competitive matches I saw. But lots of weird sticky cover play (8 Hours ago)
just started playing the Forest today and sunk too much time with my buddy. WOOF that game is fun (8 Hours ago)