First announced for a november release, Resident Evil 6 will now hit stores on October 2nd (PC version later). Take a look at the new trailer inside to learn what's going on in the game's story plus new screenshots.
Blending action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012. Resident Evil favorites Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield are joined by new characters, including Jake Muller, to face a bioterrorist threat on a global scale, as the narrative moves between North America, the war-torn Eastern European state of Edonia and the Chinese city of Lanshiang.
Resident Evil 6 features three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co-op play, both offline and online. Leon S. Kennedy is paired with US government agent Helena Harper, while Chris Redfield teams up with fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans. Finally, gun for hire and son of the infamous Albert Wesker, Jake Muller, is joined by Sherry Birkin, the daughter of former key Umbrella scientists, William and Annette. All six must face a new horror - the highly virulent C-virus that has been unleashed on an unsuspecting and unprepared world, creating new and deadly transformations.
• Horror on a global scale – No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
• Multiple characters and intertwined storylines – Experience the horror playing as Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Jake Muller with their respective partners
• Solo or co-op – Resident Evil 6 delivers both single and co-op gameplay either offline or online
• A new challenge – Confront the results of the C-virus in all its varied and deadly forms
o Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games
o The enemy creatures known as J’avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and have the ability to regenerate when injured; furthermore, if J’avo take substantial damage to a particular area, they can mutate the affected body part into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability
o The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures
• Mercenaries returns – Players will once more be able to enjoy the highly popular Mercenaries Mode
• Redesigned control system – Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot while moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover, along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack
• Demo coming with Dragon’s Dogma – Purchasers of Dragon’s Dogma, scheduled for release on May 22 in North America and May 25 across Europe, will receive a token allowing them to download the Resident Evil 6 demo, from July 3 for Xbox 360 owners and September 4 for PS3
• Localized voice over – Resident Evil 6 will include fully localized voice over in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian as well as subtitles in Japanese, Russian, Polish, Brazilian and Portuguese
gaming isn't a hobby.. it's a lifestyle. (19 minutes ago)
I can't play VR. I have severe simulation sickness. (2 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: Just stop with 'new hobby'. It makes you sound like a snob. I love gaming. I'm just tired of the rehash and playing it safe. (2 Hours ago)
Death Stranding will probably be more generic than you think. Yes the trailers are weird, but it'll probably just be a third-person survival (2 Hours ago)
you're never going to get a bunch of original game ideas these days. may i suggest VR though, it might be the game changer you're looking for. otherwise new hobby seems like your best bet. (3 Hours ago)
they have zombies...that's kind of where the comparisons start and end. it has more in common with last of us but then that's linear and more stealth then shooter. (3 Hours ago)
@droezelke: i'm pretty sure every game will feel like every other game when you think something like days gone is the same thing as dying light. lol (3 Hours ago)