Here are the first screenshots of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Warner Bros. and Monolith's new game. Beginning on the night of Sauron's return to Mordor, the story is set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Players take on the role of Talion, a ranger who lost his family and has been revived by a mysterious spirit. A few more details and the images inside.
• Players take the form of Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance.
• Set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, throwing the region into turmoil.
• Discover a powerful and dynamic next-gen gameplay mechanic that allows players’ actions to shape enemy relationships and characteristics, creating personal and unique stories and gameplay arcs that remain persistent even after death.
• Players command Wraith Powers to orchestrate and execute their vengeance to outwit enemies, infiltrate the ranks, and dominate within an adaptive world.
• A multitude of enemies will require different tactics, encouraging the player to advance their skills, abilities and weapons to become legendary through a system of rune rewards crafted according to the player's strategy.
I liked the first one. The cover system works okay in elimination deathmatch. I'm not a fan of sticky cover as a rule though. Especially now that many games have done contextual auto cover that works. (25 minutes ago)
I guess so? It's been a long time since I played one to be fair (33 minutes ago)
Yea.. that's what Gears of War is. (1 Hour ago)
also GOW looked interesting from some of the competitive matches I saw. But lots of weird sticky cover play (1 Hour ago)
just started playing the Forest today and sunk too much time with my buddy. WOOF that game is fun (1 Hour ago)
New enemy types, namely the Snatchers, Pouncers, and Carriers were aggressively unfun to fight. Still a good game, not a great game by any means. 7/10 (3 Hours ago)
The new characters mostly uninteresting and their chatter during the game annoying at times. Marcus/Cole/Baird was very fun. Giant robots super fun. Wind mechanic way overused. (3 Hours ago)