Entitled Lord of the Hunt, the first expansion DLC pack for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is coming later this year, Warner Bros. revealed today. The new content includes new story as Talion joins forces with Torvin the Dwarven Hunter after Sauron unleashed Beastmaster Warchiefs. Also new missions, monsters, runes, character skin and Test of the Wild. More details, trailer and screens inside.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions today revealed new details about Lord of the Hunt, the first DLC expansion pack for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, available for purchase and to Season Pass holders later this year. In Lord of the Hunt, Sauron has dispatched lethal Beastmaster Warchiefs to exterminate the monsters of Mordor. Talion will join Torvin the Dwarven Hunter and use his powers of Domination to turn these menacing new beasts against the Warchiefs, proving that Mordor cannot be tamed.
• New Story & Lore – Discover more tales from Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, as you work together to tame the beasts of Mordor and fight Sauron’s minions.
• New Nemeses – Face off against the Beastmaster Warchiefs, powerful new Uruks who have the ability to ride monsters and engage in perilous mounted combat.
• New Monsters – Ride into battle on the Wretched Graug to vomit toxin at your foes, stalk your enemies on the predatory Caragath and attack from the shadows or raise an all-consuming Ghul Horde.
• New Missions & Challenges – New Beast Hunting challenges and collectibles open up new trophies and achievements.
• New Epic Runes – Make your Mount unstoppable with five new epic Runes that make you the ultimate hunter.
• Test of the Wild – Test your skills against the Beastmasters and mount your trophies on the leaderboard.
• New Character Skin – Lord of the Hunt skin transform Talion into the ultimate Beastmaster.
@KORNdog: Yes, I love Fear Effect very much. But if they're going to make it differently, I would prefer a sequel rather than a remake. Though remakes are easier, faster and cheaper to develop. (5 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: i would prefer the cel shading too, but i'm not going to write off the entire game just because it doesn't have it. it's a great series and the fact it's back is awesome. (15 minutes ago)
Fear Effect (PS1) - All Cutscenes: [url] For comparison. (39 minutes ago)
This falls more in line with what Grift and others mentioned they hated in most mods - completely altering the artstyle. (42 minutes ago)
Plus, that walking animation looks janky as hell. If they were going to remake it, they should do Cel-Shading similar to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and CyberConnect2's Naruto games. (43 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: That Fear Effect "remake" actually looks like shit. The worse is the artsyle, the original and the sequel were never about realism, they had a very impactful artstyle that this has none of. (44 minutes ago)
Game of Thrones: "We make do with what we got." Now to wait for the season finale. (48 minutes ago)