Outcast: Second Contact clearly feels dated in many respects, but it has managed to keep that nice retro flavor older gamers are so fond of. Still, the game came out with a series of issues on PC, one of them being the severe stutter which was supposedly caused by the absence of exclusive fullscreen mode. This has been addressed successfully in the latest patch, along with a good number of other things. Patch details and a short homemade video are inside.
• Controls have been enhanced and inertia of movement lowered.
• Constraints on jumping have been relaxed in some areas to avoid the occurrence of "invisible walls".
• The responsiveness of jumps has been improved.
• Slight adjustments to jumping behaviour when in air.
• The triggering of dodge rolls has been adjusted in order to prevent interference with sprinting.
• The contents of ammo boxes have been rebalanced.
• A rare bug that could occur when purchasing the Magwa in Shamazaar has been fixed.
• Fixed a bug that caused some characters (for example Zokrim) to get stuck in bodies of water, and sometimes blocking progression.
• A display issue that caused Naarn to not properly display in some instances has been fixed.
• Added a "vibrant colors" graphic mode. (Thanks to Dmity Andreev for this feature)
• Implemented true full screen mode (as opposed to the default borderless windowed full screen) as an option in order to alleviate stuttering that appeared on some PC configurations.
• A target frame rate option has been added.
• Ultra-widescreen support (21:9) has been implemented.
• Implemented automatic surround sound support, in cases where adequate hardware is detected.
• Audio options with separate volume controls have been added to the options menu.
• The audio mixing has been rebalanced.
• Snowfall animation at high frame rates has been improved.
• CPU usage has been optimized to allow for better frame rate when multiple characters appear on screen.
• Multiple crash fixes, in particular when using Daokas, have been implemented.
@GriftGFX: Funny how they took so much crap for making the move (1 Day ago)
Nvidia made the right bet on RTX.. the rest of the industry will follow, adding a lot of support... and they'll probably stay in front of the tech (1 Day ago)
@Sdarts: the thing about that pastebin "leak" is it doesn't mention SSD at all. and the PSVR2 pricing for that sort of HMD just seems too good to be true. (1 Day ago)
so i wouldn't be surprised if there was a 150-250 gig SSD that effectively has an M.2-like set up just for the game you're currently playing. the rest are stored on a large HDD (1 Day ago)
both sony and MS already have SKU's with 2TB HDD's. they're clearly aware of the need for capacity. i just don't see PS5 coming with 2TB SSD's as standard, it would inflate the costs way too much. (1 Day ago)
@Sdarts: you literally repeated what i suggested it could be. lol. (1 Day ago)
which is not indicative that the consumer console will have the same amount of memory or storage space. (1 Day ago)