Outcast: Second Contact clearly feels dated in many respects, but it has managed to keep that nice retro flavor older gamers are so fond of. Still, the game came out with a series of issues on PC, one of them being the severe stutter which was supposedly caused by the absence of exclusive fullscreen mode. This has been addressed successfully in the latest patch, along with a good number of other things. Patch details and a short homemade video are inside.
• Controls have been enhanced and inertia of movement lowered.
• Constraints on jumping have been relaxed in some areas to avoid the occurrence of "invisible walls".
• The responsiveness of jumps has been improved.
• Slight adjustments to jumping behaviour when in air.
• The triggering of dodge rolls has been adjusted in order to prevent interference with sprinting.
• The contents of ammo boxes have been rebalanced.
• A rare bug that could occur when purchasing the Magwa in Shamazaar has been fixed.
• Fixed a bug that caused some characters (for example Zokrim) to get stuck in bodies of water, and sometimes blocking progression.
• A display issue that caused Naarn to not properly display in some instances has been fixed.
• Added a "vibrant colors" graphic mode. (Thanks to Dmity Andreev for this feature)
• Implemented true full screen mode (as opposed to the default borderless windowed full screen) as an option in order to alleviate stuttering that appeared on some PC configurations.
• A target frame rate option has been added.
• Ultra-widescreen support (21:9) has been implemented.
• Implemented automatic surround sound support, in cases where adequate hardware is detected.
• Audio options with separate volume controls have been added to the options menu.
• The audio mixing has been rebalanced.
• Snowfall animation at high frame rates has been improved.
• CPU usage has been optimized to allow for better frame rate when multiple characters appear on screen.
• Multiple crash fixes, in particular when using Daokas, have been implemented.
Is Yakuza worth playing? Am i best playing from the beginning or can i just jump in with this 6th game? (4 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: Trinity is still there sadly.. I actually want them to ditch supporting characters all together... Lara needs to be alone. That's what makes Lara who she is! (4 Hours ago)
there's no way around the street-fighter-syndrome with ensemble movies, and some characters and parts felt just put in to keep the characters relevant/warm (hello Black P) Other than that it was great (5 Hours ago)
his journey, while the other are mostly just popping in. Really great character and story-arc. For once a bad-guy with a good motive. (5 Hours ago)
watched Avengers 3 yesterday. Was better than expected as i'm not a big fan of royal rumble mashups. What held it all together was the story of Thanos. In many ways this is his movie as we follow (5 Hours ago)
that should at least push you forward and help you look past lara croft herself being lame. (8 Hours ago)
i just want a better game than rise ended up being. hire some decent writers. ditch the trinity tedium. introduce some characters that are interesting. (8 Hours ago)