X360 Wednesday, September 20, 2006 | 6:29 PM

TGS06: Lost Odyssey Gameplay

TGS06: Lost Odyssey Gameplay

This long awaited gameplay clip of Lost Odyssey is finally here, starting where the previous file ended. And no more cinematics, it's gameplay we're talking. The rather classical turn based combat system will certainly generate a flameware, but keep in the mind mosts part of the game are still unknown. Same deal about the graphics, what you'll see is just a glimpse of how the game should look. Sakaguchi explained the demo features about everything the team has developed untill now: one hour of gameplay. Obviously, and unlike the ready-to-be-released Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey still has a long way to come.
Update : All gameplay videos have been removed at MS' request. Please don't ask for them to be back.


All comments

Page 1 2 ... 4 5 >>
Commented on 2006-09-20 18:54:44
sweeet
Commented on 2006-09-20 18:56:33
Oh my god...

This is too good to be true *starts downloading*
Commented on 2006-09-20 18:57:48
Gameplay is in its basic form. he decided not to reveal it in its true form.

Graphics are 80% done. 20% percent to go!!!!
Commented on 2006-09-20 18:59:43
A 128 MB file at 20KB/s? Oh man!!! Are you guys planning to upload to the Open Xbox 360 servers?
Commented on 2006-09-20 18:59:53
Thanks Snoopers! Best game ever ^^!
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:01:35 In reply to Heretic
Posted by Heretic
Gameplay is in its basic form. he decided not to reveal it in its true form.

Graphics are 80% done. 20% percent to go!!!!
You forgot to mention that the last 20 percent is going to take up as much time as the other 80 percent;)
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:04:52
This is true next gen RPG, seamless CGI into gameplay. Thanks for the upload.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:08:35
Thank God I live in Asia, otherwise there's no way I'd be able to read this now!
This looks awesome, thanks to those involved getting it up here!
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:13:12
What the hell is going on with the xboxyde servers? 4.84 kb/s??? Can you say Dial up?
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:14:13
I know ... I cant download at all in fact ... and Im on an 8mbs connection ... the servers are steaming .... We'll just have to wait.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:15:14
It seems like ingame in some places which looks amazing wow,my eyes allmost fall out when i saw it, nice trailer.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:15:15
It's called being very busy!

Your more then welcome to go elsewhere.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:15:35
BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:16:58
BT ain't much better 6kb/s.....
I'll give it a few mins :P
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:18:14 In reply to Shawnzee
Posted by Shawnzee
You forgot to mention that the last 20 percent is going to take up as much time as the other 80 percent;)
Bittorrent FTW. Share and ye shall recieve ;).
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:21:00
Excellent Blim you are the man!
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:21:22 In reply to Snoopers
Posted by snoopers
BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT
Whats that, i can't ... r..e...a..d ...

Hopefully you guys will get a chance to capture a better example of the gameplay from the hour long demo, as I was a little bit let down from the TGS conference showing, and yes i know it wasn't complete and had elements missing but generally JRPG's start off boring, (I hit, they hit, I hit again, they hit again, and so on until something dies or explodes :P).

Hopefully by the end of the hour demo he gets a couple abilities or spells and the gameplay livens up a bit.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:23:03 In reply to Dehnus
Posted by Dehnus
Bittorrent FTW. Share and ye shall recieve ;).
I was talking about the game development, Sakaguchi said he is putting as much work into the last 20 percent as he did in the first 80.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:24:33
Gah, I can't get any of the download links to work and I can't use BT.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:25:47 In reply to Snoopers
Posted by snoopers
BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT BITTORRENT
Agreed.

And OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:27:17
Guys try bittorrent, im downloading at 120kb/s right now. Anyways great job Xboxyde, you are guys are great, i will see if i can make a donation to your site guys.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:27:47 In reply to Shawnzee
Sorry thought you mend the download hehe.. Just like Bittorent to save Bandwith and the speeds it gives me :P.

but again my apoligies should have read better.
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:27:50
Bt is going smooth...
Connected seeds : 1
Connected peers : 22

-_=
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:28:38
It looks like LOTR. This is real time? :0
Commented on 2006-09-20 19:29:07
There's nothing wrong in turnbased combat. Realtime combat just doesn't have the same amount of depth as a good turnbased system.
Page 1 2 ... 4 5 >>

What's up?
  • droezelke
    droezelke @Moonwalker: I agree. Other than the Metal Gear series, he didn't really present something as good. And I thought MGS5 was ultra boring (58 minutes ago)
  • nostradamus
    nostradamus never played snatcher, but policenauts has a awesome scenario. (1 Hour ago)
  • b0vril
    b0vril I never liked MGS series, but I loved 5 (1 Hour ago)
  • Tiz
    Tiz @Moonwalker: 2 is the best Metal Gear Solid though. (1 Hour ago)
  • Moonwalker
    Moonwalker Personally i find Kojima rather overrated. Yes MGS and MGS3 were fantastic, 2 wasn't nearly as good, same for 4 and 5....nah. (2 Hours ago)
  • nostradamus
    nostradamus @jmd749: Kojima Productions is independent. wrap that and give it away to your other half. (3 Hours ago)
  • GriftGFX
    GriftGFX Ultimates do drive big plays. Don't think it makes everyone Seagull. (3 Hours ago)
PreviousNext
  • Driftwood
    Driftwood GSY is getting some nice content at 3 pm CEST with our July podcast and some videos of the Deus Ex Mankind Divided preview build. :) (> 3 Months ago)
  • Driftwood
    Driftwood For once we'll be live at 4:30 pm CEST. Blim should not even be tired! (> 3 Months ago)
  • Driftwood
    Driftwood More Quantum Break coverage coming in a few hours, 9:00 a.m CEST. (> 3 Months ago)
  • Driftwood
    Driftwood We'll have a full review up for Firewatch at 7 pm CET. Videos will only be tomorrow though. (> 3 Months ago)
  • Driftwood
    Driftwood Tonight's livestream will be at 9:15 GMT+1, not GMT+2 as first stated. (> 3 Months ago)
  • Driftwood
    Driftwood New GSY Live dedicated this time to Just Cause 3 on Tuesday 9:30 GMT+2 (> 3 Months ago)
  • Driftwood
    Driftwood Join us tomorrow at 10 pm GMT+2 for a new livestream. We'll be playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. (> 3 Months ago)
PreviousNext
Top stories