SEGA and The Creative Assembly have announced that Total War: Warhammer will be available on April 28th. The publisher also revealed the Chaos Warriors Race Pack as a pre-order bonus and the High King Edition. Get the details, screens and trailer inside.
Total War™: WARHAMMER® Release Date, Pre-Order and High King Edition Revealed
LONDON – October 22, 2015 – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and Creative Assembly today revealed the Pre-order Bonus, High King Edition and Limited Edition for Total War™: WARHAMMER®, the game that brings to life the most comprehensive vision possible of the Warhammer Fantasy Battle world -Total War: WARHAMMER will be the first in an epic trilogy, supported with free and paid-for content post-release and is set to launch on April 28th, 2016.
Pre-order Bonus – Chaos Warriors Race Pack:
Those gamers who pre-order any edition from participating retailers will receive Total War: WARMAMMER’s first DLC for free alongside the game on release day. The Chaos Warriors Race Pack includes three new playable Legendary Lords, enabling you to select the corrupted and powerful Chaos Warriors as your race in the Grand Campaign.
Featuring unique new mounts, bloodthirsty units and monstrous creatures, this Race Pack also brings with it a brand new, narrative-driven quest chain for each Legendary Lord, and an armoury of twisted and cursed magic items.
High King Edition:
The Total War: WARHAMMER High King Edition will be produced in a single, extremely limited run.
Modelled on the legendary Book of Grudges, the High King Edition will ship in a large ornate presentation box, featuring metallic gold and 3D sculpted detail in the iconic Dwarfen style. Contained within is a host of treasures guaranteed to sate the gold-lust of the mightiest Dwarfen High King; including:
• Grudge Ring: This quality metal ring, with a rotating inner band is perfect to spin whilst brooding over grudges and plotting revenge. Six numbered bevels on the inner hoop allow the ring to double as a fully functioning die.
• Slayer’s Whetstone Pendant: Made of genuine, functional whetstone and inscribed with the talismanic Master Rune of Spite, this hefty trinket would be treasured and jealously guarded by any self-respecting Slayer, who aims to keep a keen edge on their blades.
• Dwarfen Drinking Horn & Stand: Toast your victories with this beautifully decorated drinking horn; wrought with icons and sigils in the Dwarfen craftsman style. Suitable for both display and practical use, it can hold a full pint and comes complete with its own unique metal display stand. Please note, liquid cannot be ‘sipped’ from this drinking horn, it may only be ‘quaffed’.
• Canvas Map: Plan your campaigns of conquest as any High King should with this gorgeously illustrated canvas map of the game world.
• Integrated Artbook: Integrated into the High King Edition’s impressive packaging is a large art book featuring exclusive concepts.
• Metal Case: Protect your game disks from the perilous dangers of the Old World with this exclusive metal case.
• Insider Guide: A printed strategy guide for Total War: WARHAMMER; this book will help get you started with the game and offers invaluable tactical advice to help you dominate the battlefields of the Old World.
• Chaos Warriors Race Pack: The Chaos Warriors Race Pack offers a new playable race with a full roster of bloodthirsty units, terrifying mounts and monstrous creatures. Lead the corrupted Chaos hordes as one of three new playable Legendary Lords and embrace the Ruinous Powers as you embark on brand new quest chains, unlocking powerful items and gaining the favour of the dark Chaos Gods.
Alongside the extremely rare High King Edition, a Limited Edition will also be available at select retailers. This version includes the metal case and Insider Guide detailed above in the High King Edition www.Totalwar.com/Limited.
If it was, that would be great as there would be no need to buy a HDR TV to watch HDR content as any SDR screen would be able to show HDR the same as HDR screens. I wish it was like that though. (49 minutes ago)
Mostly what you can see is a richer color palette due to a wider color gamut and bloom/brightness. Though it's not the same, unfortunately. (50 minutes ago)
You can see it here in both the "Nano Cell" and "HDR" sections on this LG TV: [url] It's still not the same as watching in person. SDR screens can't show HDR. (53 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: Yes, you can see a difference, but only on colors and bloom. It's the same type of thing that TV manufacturers use to describe what HDR is with images. same. (54 minutes ago)
@droezelke: Trust me though, the phone camera photos are pretty representatitve of how they look here. (5 Hours ago)
@droezelke: Yeah my bad. But i fixed it: [url] (5 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: That's not a fair comparison. You show an absolute in-game compared to a photo of a TV screen. If I take a picture of my tv... (7 Hours ago)