Davton and I have become completely addicted to Harold and its demanding gameplay, so we figured we'd let you see a couple more of videos of the game. We showed you the Jungle 2 track during our livestream but given that it was hard to concentrate whilst speaking, you didn't see how it could be handled properly. In the first video, you'll see the race as you'll probably see it the first time you see the end of it (though we skipped a few obstacles by throwing the poor fellow in the air). In the second extract, you'll see how vicious the shortcut is, even after having assimilated the unique mechanics of the game. We also tried to make the best use of the foresight power, so don't worry if you find it confusing, it's normal. If you haven't bought the game yet, maybe you should, because if you're anything like us, you're going to spend hours and hours trying to beat everyone's score.
A first patch was released yesterday, here is the list of fixes they made:
- Instant reset ( Back/Select Button ) works now in pratice mode too !
- Walls and stalactites control bugs fixed.
- Various minor other bugs fixed ( such as collision issues ).
The dev team is paying close attention to the players' feedback and they're planning to improve the game in the days/weeks to come. Here is a glimpse:
- Video Options! We've noticed that many of you have asked for more control in your resolutions and other video settings. We'll be adding these requests in. e.g. Resolution Sizes, Antialiasing, Anisotropic, Vysync, & Windowed Mode!
- Leaderboards showing who's taken the shortcuts and who hasn't!
- Displaying the Leaderboards in the race menu! No more needing to bring up the overlay to see them or waiting till the end of the race!
- Obstacles Selection Cycling!
- Multiple Gamepad Button Configurations!
- Master Volume Controls!
Note : The sound notification you can hear towards the end of the second video is the sound of our controller when it got disconnected. Thankfully, the game instantly paused and we could beat our record and show you the edited footage.
Last of Us was a very good game, mind. The best they've done, but I certainly wouldn't put it on a pedestal the way its regarded. (1 minute ago)
@AndreasZ94: I just don't think they've done anything that's pushed the envelope or been particularly bold, other than focus on details. (3 minutes ago)
@MrWhite: It was a very different ND back then too which is why the company name seems weird today (4 minutes ago)
Then again, its a difference of months rather than years between those and PSX (6 minutes ago)
I don't remember very well but i think my biggest problem with Crash gameplay was the depth perception was weird (7 minutes ago)
@AndreasZ94: I wouldn't go as far as saying it was one of the earliest ones. When I think early 3d, I think 3D0, 32X and Jaguar. (7 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: That's the crux of it. Tomb Raider is a good example of that. Then again, it lent a bit to its charm at the same time with how difficult and tense it made traversing things. (9 minutes ago)