Because we all love beautiful high-definition videos, we're sharing with you the nice real-time demo of the new Unreal Engine 3 in direct-feed at 1080p called Samaritan, with a few screens and details about the engine.
Unreal Engine 3 takes game engine graphics to the next level with “Samaritan,” a real-time demo revealed at the 2011 Game Developers Conference.
Now supporting DirectX 11, UE3 utilizes DirectX features such as tessellation and displacement, geometry shaders, multisampled textures and Shader Model 5.
High-end rendering features include:
• Image-based reflections that allow surfaces of any shape to reflect an approximate version of scenes, with varying glossiness across surfaces, anisotropic HDR highlights and anti-aliasing;
• Subsurface scattering (SSS) that simulates the light that scatters inside semi-translucent materials, which makes character skin come alive;
• Anti-aliased masked materials that super sample the edges of masked and alpha-tested materials, resulting in highly realistic hair;
• Deferred rendering with MSAA support;
• Bokeh depth of field providing close to film-quality DOF, with artist-controllable Bokeh; and
• High-quality dynamic shadows from many lights on the environment.
Epic also worked with NVIDIA to implement APEX physics technology, which is illustrated by dynamic clothing movement in “Samaritan.” Other APEX features available now include turbulence and real-time destructibility.
@Moonwalker: i'd like them to make the story make some sense and be complete before adding any of this side stuff. It was such a disjointed mess (3 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: Because the side quests in this one...hoo boy....the worst kind of fetch bullshit there is. (4 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: Can't argue with that, it really was quite a disappontment in the end. If they would annouce that they are actually adding fun and meaningful side quests....that be great and sorely needed. (4 Hours ago)
@alimokrane: just get the samsung we keep recommending. it's honestly the best bang for buck you can get. you can get better sets, but you will pay the price. and it seem your budget isnt very high. (5 Hours ago)