Because we all love beautiful high-definition videos, we're sharing with you the nice real-time demo of the new Unreal Engine 3 in direct-feed at 1080p called Samaritan, with a few screens and details about the engine.
Unreal Engine 3 takes game engine graphics to the next level with “Samaritan,” a real-time demo revealed at the 2011 Game Developers Conference.
Now supporting DirectX 11, UE3 utilizes DirectX features such as tessellation and displacement, geometry shaders, multisampled textures and Shader Model 5.
High-end rendering features include:
• Image-based reflections that allow surfaces of any shape to reflect an approximate version of scenes, with varying glossiness across surfaces, anisotropic HDR highlights and anti-aliasing;
• Subsurface scattering (SSS) that simulates the light that scatters inside semi-translucent materials, which makes character skin come alive;
• Anti-aliased masked materials that super sample the edges of masked and alpha-tested materials, resulting in highly realistic hair;
• Deferred rendering with MSAA support;
• Bokeh depth of field providing close to film-quality DOF, with artist-controllable Bokeh; and
• High-quality dynamic shadows from many lights on the environment.
Epic also worked with NVIDIA to implement APEX physics technology, which is illustrated by dynamic clothing movement in “Samaritan.” Other APEX features available now include turbulence and real-time destructibility.
@GriftGFX: i've been on about 7 types of anti depressants in the last 5 years. lol. it's anecdotal, but they work. they just usually come with some shitty side effect. (1 Hour ago)
Now with that said.. there's no cure. Most of these disorders are poorly understood, as is brain chemistry. And people like Chris Cornell were being treated. But results vary. Better than a sugar pill (1 Hour ago)
i'd always recommend Prozac over a sugar pill. lol (1 Hour ago)
@GriftGFX: that's why i said "can" there are instances of people having better results from a placebo than that of legit medication. i never said it was a replacement for it though. (1 Hour ago)
Medicine is heavily skewed towards evidence here. We make pharmaceutical companies jump through hoops to prove efficacy and safety. *Not* with perfect results.. but it's pretty good. (1 Hour ago)
There's plenty of scientific evidence that various psychoactive drugs are more effective than a placebo. They wouldn't pass the rigorous approval process in the USA without said evidence. (1 Hour ago)
@droezelke: Meta-studies usually throw up their own red flags since many use flaky data analysis that doesn't weigh the value of each study against one another. (1 Hour ago)