Because we all love beautiful high-definition videos, we're sharing with you the nice real-time demo of the new Unreal Engine 3 in direct-feed at 1080p called Samaritan, with a few screens and details about the engine.
Unreal Engine 3 takes game engine graphics to the next level with “Samaritan,” a real-time demo revealed at the 2011 Game Developers Conference.
Now supporting DirectX 11, UE3 utilizes DirectX features such as tessellation and displacement, geometry shaders, multisampled textures and Shader Model 5.
High-end rendering features include:
• Image-based reflections that allow surfaces of any shape to reflect an approximate version of scenes, with varying glossiness across surfaces, anisotropic HDR highlights and anti-aliasing;
• Subsurface scattering (SSS) that simulates the light that scatters inside semi-translucent materials, which makes character skin come alive;
• Anti-aliased masked materials that super sample the edges of masked and alpha-tested materials, resulting in highly realistic hair;
• Deferred rendering with MSAA support;
• Bokeh depth of field providing close to film-quality DOF, with artist-controllable Bokeh; and
• High-quality dynamic shadows from many lights on the environment.
Epic also worked with NVIDIA to implement APEX physics technology, which is illustrated by dynamic clothing movement in “Samaritan.” Other APEX features available now include turbulence and real-time destructibility.
Btw that video on battlenonsense was on Shoreline, he should of tested the other maps tbh as like I said it's a proven mess atm (2 Hours ago)
I can already see EA jumping on that. DLC colored rocks! (3 Hours ago)
US for curling? What the fuck... (3 Hours ago)
Connecting too. For all I know I could be hitting up Asian servers. @Grift have u watched Kotton playing it yet? Pretty decent player tbh (3 Hours ago)
Shoreline is the big stinker when it comes to desync. The other maps are pretty much sewed up for performance and network. I think the man problem is that you have no clue on what region you are conn (3 Hours ago)
But on a side note the devs are in plain sight talking constantly about netcode and what they are doing. It's constantly updated and they are probably the most transparent devs I've come across (3 Hours ago)
@Loakum: just left that there then went to bed as I knew he'd throw a hissy fit :D (3 Hours ago)