Because we all love beautiful high-definition videos, we're sharing with you the nice real-time demo of the new Unreal Engine 3 in direct-feed at 1080p called Samaritan, with a few screens and details about the engine.
Unreal Engine 3 takes game engine graphics to the next level with “Samaritan,” a real-time demo revealed at the 2011 Game Developers Conference.
Now supporting DirectX 11, UE3 utilizes DirectX features such as tessellation and displacement, geometry shaders, multisampled textures and Shader Model 5.
High-end rendering features include:
• Image-based reflections that allow surfaces of any shape to reflect an approximate version of scenes, with varying glossiness across surfaces, anisotropic HDR highlights and anti-aliasing;
• Subsurface scattering (SSS) that simulates the light that scatters inside semi-translucent materials, which makes character skin come alive;
• Anti-aliased masked materials that super sample the edges of masked and alpha-tested materials, resulting in highly realistic hair;
• Deferred rendering with MSAA support;
• Bokeh depth of field providing close to film-quality DOF, with artist-controllable Bokeh; and
• High-quality dynamic shadows from many lights on the environment.
Epic also worked with NVIDIA to implement APEX physics technology, which is illustrated by dynamic clothing movement in “Samaritan.” Other APEX features available now include turbulence and real-time destructibility.
@Sdarts: here's your Far Cry Predator game :D [url] (6 minutes ago)
I met Jennifer Batten today. She signed my guitar. Me so happy. Amazing guitar player. (2 Hours ago)
@Sdarts: larger scale and deeper vehicle gameplay would be a pretty big change (2 Hours ago)
one coming to mind right now. But I'm sure there's others I'm just not recalling at the moment. (2 Hours ago)
Though in all honesty, I don't believe Ubisoft will do it, and if they do, it won't be anytime soon. If I'm not mistaken, there's not many FPS open world games. Homefront: The Revolution is the only (2 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: I want a different enough style of gameplay, in hopes of a different enough game experience. Far Cry: Primal burned me out, it was exotic, but at one point I just saw a poorer FC3 and 4. (2 Hours ago)
@Sdarts: I think you'll get more fantasy Far Cry.. which seems to be what you want.. but I doubt they'll be called "5" or "6" (2 Hours ago)