Unreal Technology introduces Unreal Engine 4 with the short film Elemental, a real-time demo showing what the new engine is capable of. Check it out inside in 1080p plus high resolution screens. Update: Features walkthrough video added.
Introducing Unreal Engine 4
The most world-class game engine to date, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to do more than ever before. Unreal Engine 4’s new architecture offers fully dynamic lighting features, cutting down on development time and ensuring less iteration on creative ideas.
Artists and designers can bring their visions to life directly in game without programmer assistance via the new Unreal Kismet. This offers programmers the freedom to focus on core gameplay features and sophisticated systems. With significant new visual features, Unreal Engine 4 enables you to achieve high-end visuals, while remaining both scalable and accessible to make games for low-spec PCs.
• Make updates directly in game without ever pausing gameplay with Hot Reload. This tool allows you to quickly find and edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in game.
• After an update is made, Instant Game Preview gives you the power to spawn a player and play anywhere in game without needing to wait for files to save.
• The all-new Code View saves you time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters then jump straight to source code lines in Visual Studio to make changes.
• Live Kismet Debugging enables you to interactively visualize the flow of gameplay code while testing your game.
• Now you can quickly debug and update gameplay behaviors when they happen through the new Simulate Mode. This tool lets you run game logic in the editor viewport and inspect AI as the game characters perform actions.
• View your game in full-screen within the editing environment with the Immersive View tool. This allows programmers to complete iterations on gameplay changes without added UI clutter or distractions.
• Possess/Eject Features allow at any time while playing in editor to easily “eject” from the player and take control of the camera to inspect specific in-game objects that may not be behaving properly.
wow, my copy of BF1 Revo came satthered and the disc unreadable. thanks amazon. (52 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: No no. They say: yes it is gambling, but we have to investigate further hoW EA does it to determine if it's gambling. It's a weird interview. (3 Hours ago)
They're probably struggling to understand how it's different from a variety of other products on their shelves. (4 Hours ago)
EA as 'randomised lootboxes'. I think the gaming industry has a strong lobby.... (4 Hours ago)
@Tiz: Just read an interview with the gambling commision on the lootboxes in BF2. They have to investigate if what EA offers really is based on chance. Wait, what? That is proven and is advertised by (4 Hours ago)
@droezelke: I hope they get addicted to them in the process. (6 Hours ago)
The Netherlands has startedan investigation into lootboxes. Also France is considering to research it. Great! (10 Hours ago)