Unreal Technology introduces Unreal Engine 4 with the short film Elemental, a real-time demo showing what the new engine is capable of. Check it out inside in 1080p plus high resolution screens. Update: Features walkthrough video added.
Introducing Unreal Engine 4
The most world-class game engine to date, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to do more than ever before. Unreal Engine 4’s new architecture offers fully dynamic lighting features, cutting down on development time and ensuring less iteration on creative ideas.
Artists and designers can bring their visions to life directly in game without programmer assistance via the new Unreal Kismet. This offers programmers the freedom to focus on core gameplay features and sophisticated systems. With significant new visual features, Unreal Engine 4 enables you to achieve high-end visuals, while remaining both scalable and accessible to make games for low-spec PCs.
• Make updates directly in game without ever pausing gameplay with Hot Reload. This tool allows you to quickly find and edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in game.
• After an update is made, Instant Game Preview gives you the power to spawn a player and play anywhere in game without needing to wait for files to save.
• The all-new Code View saves you time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters then jump straight to source code lines in Visual Studio to make changes.
• Live Kismet Debugging enables you to interactively visualize the flow of gameplay code while testing your game.
• Now you can quickly debug and update gameplay behaviors when they happen through the new Simulate Mode. This tool lets you run game logic in the editor viewport and inspect AI as the game characters perform actions.
• View your game in full-screen within the editing environment with the Immersive View tool. This allows programmers to complete iterations on gameplay changes without added UI clutter or distractions.
• Possess/Eject Features allow at any time while playing in editor to easily “eject” from the player and take control of the camera to inspect specific in-game objects that may not be behaving properly.
[url] Godzilla looks so badass!!! (18 minutes ago)
@digi_matrix: Nah it's not even that.. I frequently go back to my versus habit. I'm pretty addicted to competition. Or I get distracted by another game in my backlog. ADD. (37 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: dude, the new games aren't going anywhere. You're not a panel judge who has to play games before some awards festival. Take your time with the backlog, FUCK NEW GAMES BRO! (39 minutes ago)
I knew this was coming.. complicates my decision making: [url] (44 minutes ago)
I keep trying to attack my backlog but then I get distracted by something shiny. (47 minutes ago)
I haven't been playing much. But I'm probably going to grab Trials Fusion tonight, and maybe pick up Skullgirls, which I already own, just because it's on sale and there will be an influx (48 minutes ago)
Yeah.. if only we had gems like Warframe to sink countless hours into when there's nothing else to play :D (50 minutes ago)