I've been hinting at this for a few weeks now on the forum, but I think it's time to officially announce it. In a few weeks, Xboxyde and Playsyde will merge into Gamersyde, where we will also support the Wii. More explanations inside.
The reasons why we've decided to merge our sites are many and I'm going to try to explain them to you:
- First and foremost, we've always wanted our forums and threads to be as open-minded as possible and we've always encouraged any serious discussion about the different platforms. So why would we continue to segregate?
- Both communities (Xboxyde and Playsyde) are not so different anyway when it comes to the visitors so it forces them to visit the two sites when there's really no true justification for that.
- Another problem is that focusing on one machine only makes it more difficult to work with the publishers because we're not taken as seriously as we'd wish. For them we're merely a fan(boy) site, which doesn't help us at all.
- We (Snoopers and I) intend to work on Gamersyde.com full time so to make a living out of it. Hence we need some less constraining advertising space, which is just impossible on the current sites. To redesign the two sites completely would mean twice as much work, obviously. Let me assure you however that the new site will be as easy to read and access as before and that's our top priority. We wouldn't want the site to suffer from its new advertising space.
- Our plan is also to add new community features (blogs, image and video hosting) soon after the site is launched. It would have been hard to implement all this on the current sites.
I'd completely understand if some of you guys were disappointed by the news. I admit I'm having a hard time myself letting go of Xboxyde and its design (which I think is still really good). However, I think it'll be for the best in the end.
Needless to say that our content, the tone of the news as well as the moderation will remain identical. We'll still be encouraging people to be open-minded, even if it has to mean fewer messages on the forums.
WD2 is more fun than WD1, but it's so easy. Also, the main quests are 'meh'. WD1 had a more focussed story. The story in WD2 is uninspired. (1 Hour ago)
@Sdarts: Don't forget that people are getting sick of CoD, they didn't trust WD anymore after the first. Dishonored 2 got too little PR according to me. (1 Hour ago)
quests, which is a goddamn shame, a goddamn shame. For sure they could have come up with some meaningful side quests with at least a story. (2 Hours ago)
Definitely enjoying FFXV more but I am solely talking about the story missions, some good diversity there. I also really like the Chocobos. Just such a shame that the side quests truly are all fetch (2 Hours ago)
I just think it's a pretty bad sign if a new game can't generate interest on a free weekend. The fact that there are other new games is not a very compelling excuse imo. (4 Hours ago)
Black Ops is also the most popular Call of Duty sub-brand now. (4 Hours ago)
Also, even WD2 and Dishonered 2 sold much less than the previous games in their series. Same for CoD:IW, very few games that got released this Holiday season sold more than their predecessors. (4 Hours ago)