Bohemia Interactive has confirmed a 2012 release for Arma 3, its tactical military simulation game. The first details and screenshots are below.
Bohemia Interactive announces the brand new installment in its hugely successful realistic military simulator series
Prague, Czech Republic 19th May - Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is pleased to announce the development of Arma 3, the brand new installment in its series of critically acclaimed realistic military simulators.
Combining over 10 years of experience, building upon the strength of its predecessors, and set in the most detailed environment of the series to date, Arma 3 offers gamers radical engine improvements and a unique sandbox-style military gameplay experience.
The next chapter of this stunning military simulation game is scheduled for release exclusively for PC in Summer 2012.
SURVIVE in the rich & authentic environment
ADAPT to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
WIN in the open-ended & story-driven campaign
After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...
Some of the key features of Arma 3 include:
* Single-Player Campaign - Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
* Vehicles & Weapons – Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
* Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX™ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
* Rich & Authentic Environment – Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
* Multiplayer Gameplay – Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
* Completely Extensible & Moddable - Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
* Customizable Soldier Load - Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.
Bohemia Interactive´s CEO, Marek Spanel, explains: ''We're happy to bring the next generation of the Real Virtuality engine to life. The increased potential of the engine should allow Arma 3 to become our best-looking, most detailed and innovative military simulation game to date.''
Ivan Buchta, Creative Director of Arma 3, adds: ''Our ambition is not only to deliver the next generation of Arma with the improved engine, but also to fully exploit the potential of our new technology in the gameplay. You can look forward to the unique experience of blending sandbox-style combat with a rich story.''
For more information please visit the game’s website at www.arma3.com
bought all crash bandicoot games (minus kart). Dustin' off ma' PS Morte to have a retro weekend (40 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: i tjink ive been pretty consistent in saying the books are better than the games. I dont know why you even directed that at me :) (5 Hours ago)
The Witcher games - and books - aren't perfect, but nothing is. For what they are and what they have accomplished, I thank both the author and the developers from the bottom of my heart. (9 Hours ago)
And it ran for years under the radar of almost everyone before the anime, then it suddenly became an enourmous worldwide success. In a way, the same happened with The Witcher books and the games. (9 Hours ago)
@Megido: Just because certain works aren't very popular doesn't mean that they aren't great. Take for example Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), the manga is even better than the anime. (9 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: English. And also listened to them in English. Same with Game of Thrones' books. (9 Hours ago)
Although the games' writing isn't at the same level as the books', it's still far, far, far vastly better than 99% of the writing in games, movies, TV shows and books. CD Projekt RED did an epic job. (9 Hours ago)