Bohemia Interactive has confirmed a 2012 release for Arma 3, its tactical military simulation game. The first details and screenshots are below.
Bohemia Interactive announces the brand new installment in its hugely successful realistic military simulator series
Prague, Czech Republic 19th May - Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is pleased to announce the development of Arma 3, the brand new installment in its series of critically acclaimed realistic military simulators.
Combining over 10 years of experience, building upon the strength of its predecessors, and set in the most detailed environment of the series to date, Arma 3 offers gamers radical engine improvements and a unique sandbox-style military gameplay experience.
The next chapter of this stunning military simulation game is scheduled for release exclusively for PC in Summer 2012.
SURVIVE in the rich & authentic environment
ADAPT to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
WIN in the open-ended & story-driven campaign
After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...
Some of the key features of Arma 3 include:
* Single-Player Campaign - Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
* Vehicles & Weapons – Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
* Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX™ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
* Rich & Authentic Environment – Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
* Multiplayer Gameplay – Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
* Completely Extensible & Moddable - Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
* Customizable Soldier Load - Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.
Bohemia Interactive´s CEO, Marek Spanel, explains: ''We're happy to bring the next generation of the Real Virtuality engine to life. The increased potential of the engine should allow Arma 3 to become our best-looking, most detailed and innovative military simulation game to date.''
Ivan Buchta, Creative Director of Arma 3, adds: ''Our ambition is not only to deliver the next generation of Arma with the improved engine, but also to fully exploit the potential of our new technology in the gameplay. You can look forward to the unique experience of blending sandbox-style combat with a rich story.''
For more information please visit the game’s website at www.arma3.com
@nostradamus: oh wow, that's neat! I like it (1 Hour ago)
@KORNdog: eeek, that sounds shit! bloody microtransactions ruining every thing... (1 Hour ago)
this shit is fantastis. never really interested in the game until now: [url] (1 Hour ago)
@KORNdog: and you could craft so OP weapons that it was plain broken. (2 Hours ago)
it was one of the earlier full priced games to go that route i think and it wasn't received well as you can imagine. EA haven't really changed all that much it seems. lol (4 Hours ago)
@alimokrane: dead space 3 put a lot more emphasis on having to farm crafting materials to make weapons and items (that you could of course pay for directly via microtransactions) (4 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: oh crap... They had to go and ruin it a la resident evil 5.... Will go into that third game with low expectations then. I assume now visceral is history, dead spa e is dead, no pun intended (6 Hours ago)