Microsoft has announced that the Xbox One will be available in November for 499,99$ / 529£ / 499€. It will include a 500Go hard drive, a Blu-Ray player, a controller and the brand new Kinect. However, the Chat header will be sold separately. More info in the following press release.
LOS ANGELES — June 10, 2013 — Fueling the excitement from the Xbox One reveal
on May 21, Microsoft Corp. today announced launch details for the highly anticipated next Xbox
gaming and entertainment system. Launching in 21 markets around the world in November
2013, Xbox One is the ultimate all-in-one entertainment system built for the 21st century living
room — introducing a new world of games, music, live TV, movies, sports, apps and Skype, all
personalized to your interests and accessible with the sound of your voice.
Every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console — which features a
500GB hard drive,1 Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi — the new Kinect, one Xbox One
Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members. The Xbox One
launch bundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 (GBP) in the U.K. and €499 (EUR)
in European markets.
To celebrate the launch of Xbox One, Microsoft is also introducing a limited-edition
commemorative bundle to fans who reserve the system at major retailers, available in limited
quantities, while supplies last, for $499.99, £429 (GBP) or €499 (EUR). Reserving the
commemorative bundle will guarantee that you’ll be able to purchase the new system on day
one. Each commemorative bundle will include an Xbox One system that comes in premium
black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, as well as a
unique commemorative Day One Achievement.
Gamers who reserve the following exclusive Xbox One Day One edition launch titles,
available in limited quantities at major retailers while supplies last, will receive special bonus
• “Ryse: Son of Rome.” Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
• “Forza Motorsport 5.” Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
• “Kinect Sports Rivals.” Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion
from the rest of the world.
• “Dead Rising 3.” Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus
In addition, as a message of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for
their passion and loyalty, Microsoft announced that every qualifying Xbox Live Gold member —
new or existing — will receive two free Xbox 360 game downloads per month starting July 1
until Dec. 31, 2013, including popular titles such as “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And to
celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold members will receive a free download of
“Fable III.”3 For a limited time gamers can also get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold
membership and play “Killer Instinct: Round One,” with the exclusive Shadow Jago character,
on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.
To reserve your Xbox One system today, and for a list of additional launch countries and
prices, visit http://www.xbox.com/reserve for participating retailers.
All-new accessories to fuel the new generation of gaming
Launching alongside Xbox One this November, a new lineup of best-in-class accessories
will make your new-generation gaming experiences more immersive, precise and accessible:
• Xbox One Wireless Controller. The Xbox controller is refreshed with more than 40
technical and design innovations. Updated directional pad, thumb sticks and contours
deliver greater precision and control, while new vibrating impulse triggers offer precise
fingertip feedback, bringing an unprecedented level of gameplay immersion.4 The Xbox
One Wireless Controller is designed to work in concert with the new Kinect, allowing the
two to be paired automatically to create seamless player syncing.
• Xbox One Play & Charge Kit. This kit includes a lithium ion rechargeable battery pack that fits inside the Wireless Controller as well as a charging cable that connects from the Controller to the console. Gamers can play on and on without having to buy a single disposable battery. The new Play & Charge Kit charges twice as fast as its Xbox 360 counterpart and charges during gameplay or when the console is in standby mode. The Kit is available for standalone purchase or as part of the Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit bundle.
• Xbox One Chat Headset. A must-have for fans of online gaming, the new Xbox One Chat Headset, wired to the controller, is designed for long gaming sessions and clear voice chat. With a lightweight and comfortable new design, the mono chat headset features wideband digital audio and a unidirectional microphone. Gamers will love not having to take their hands off the controller to access the microphone mute and volume controls.
FFA deathmatch is pretty fun in OW even though it's totally not balanced. Great Tracer practice. (4 Hours ago)
The Orville episode 3 was amazing. Very heavy topic but handled it extremely well. (4 Hours ago)
I wasn't really setting up any specific comparison at all. I said modern phones and many PCs. That's pretty vague. You can set whatever limits on that you want. (5 Hours ago)
Granted.. synthetic benchmarks are just that.. but in Geekbench 4 a Snapdragon 835 can outperform a Q9550.. which is definitely faster than the E6600. (6 Hours ago)
My personal history of personal computing goes back to 8-bit computers. I think 2017 ARM CPUs are amazing. (6 Hours ago)
@droezelke: I said E6600.. and its single core performance in synthetic benchmarks is certainly comparable. But yes. You can go back to the 80s. I didn't say anything about them being modern. (6 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: no, a snapdragon 835 does not have computing power of a Q6600 (9 years old). Do you really want to go further in time to prove your statement made sense? (6 Hours ago)