Frozenbyte, the developer behind Trine franchise announced yesterday Shadwen, a stealth game coming in 2016. You play an assassin and have to remain unseen. While on a King's quest, the character encounter Lily, a little orphan, and takes her on the journey ahead. More details, screens and trailer after the jump.
Shadwen is a true stealth game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden – or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with a little orphan girl named Lily. Shadwen takes Lily with her on the dangerous journey. When the guards get close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily's eyes. Will she let the child witness crime and murder, or will she protect Lily's innocence?
To kill or not to kill - that is the question.
• Stay hidden - avoid detection and guards, who will ruthlessly kill you upon capture.
• Time is an accomplice - time stands still until Shadwen moves. Carefully rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions to gain an upper hand on the guards. Make precision movements to nail each move and try different strategies for the ultimate solution.
• Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards - use it to your benefit.
• Grapple and sneak around the dark and gritty medieval world and use the environment to your advantage - grapple onto rooftops, drop from ceilings, hide in the shadows.
• Use physics and a freely attachable rope to weave a web of tangled objects, make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
• Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their early demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, smoke bombs and more.
• Lethal and non-lethal solutions - choose your play style but remember: actions have consequences.
• Become a true god of stealth and protect Lily's innocence - complete the game with no bodies left behind.
• Jump anywhere and everywhere.
@Moonwalker: I had a pet suffer liver failure last year. It's a miserable thing. Better that he's not suffering. I'm sorry you've got to deal with that all at once. (6 minutes ago)
@droezelke: If there's one thing we can count on it's your crystal ball. (8 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: Yep. Dead on arrival. (48 minutes ago)
and had her put to a eternal sleep by the vet this morning. Horrible and I'm gonna miss her so much, but she can't suffer. Fuck 2018!!!!! (1 Hour ago)
Very bad eating and drinking and soon no eating or drinking. Very heavy breathing and so on, long story short she was suffering and her liver values went from 100 to 400. She couldn't suffer anymore (1 Hour ago)
Today wasn't only the day of saying my final goodbye to my mom, I also had to bring my dog Yoshi to the vet. Her health had been rapidly declining since the day my mom passed away. It started with (1 Hour ago)
@droezelke: Dead on arrival just like Switch? I guess it's going to be a massive success. (1 Hour ago)