Ubisoft gives details about Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier beta. It will start on April 19 and will end on May 2. Also, the free service Ghost Recon Network is announced. This one will allow players to receive rewards and share in-game weapons among other things. More details inside.
Ubisoft Details Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta and announces Ghost Recon Network
London, uk – April 5, 2012 – Today Ubisoft announced the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will run from April 19th until May 2nd for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
In the multiplayer beta, up to twelve simultaneous players will have the opportunity to choose from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and experience the intense adversarial online action in two different modes:
• Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
• Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
• Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
• Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill).
The beta can be accessed in the following ways:
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Owners
o Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game
• Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and receive a Xbox 360 beta key
• Also, look out for additional key giveaways online
Additionally, Ubisoft announced Ghost Recon Network, a free companion service that will support all Ghost Recon titles moving forward. Accessible from smartphones, tablets, and web browsers, Ghost Recon Network will allow players to interact with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games anywhere at any time. The Ghost Recon Network site (www.ghostrecon.com/network) and v1.0 iOS & Android apps will launch with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 25. Players in the multiplayer beta will have the opportunity to try specific features of the Ghost Recon Network website and get their hands on the Android mobile app – both of which are in beta stage.
Ghost Recon Network Key Features:
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
• Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles
• Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community
Track player history and friends’ in-game status
• Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards
• Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets
Receive exclusive rewards
• Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
• Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences
Become a better player
• Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle
• Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to release for the Xbox 360® and the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on May 25, 2012 in the UK. It will be available on PC on June 15, 2012.
@GriftGFX: Before Europe will formulate an answer and come to a ppssible bill, we could be years away (2 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: No, the minister of justice is going to ask Europe for advice if the gambling in games should be banned. He thinks it should, but there is no bill drafted. (2 Hours ago)
@nostradamus: I played some of the maps on the free week they had and they weren't bad or maybe it was just me thinking that as I hadn't paid for them :P (3 Hours ago)
@aphex187: the beta map was awesome to play. (3 Hours ago)
BF1 season pass £11.99. Not a massive fan if this game or the series now but I could be tempted by that. (3 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: meanwhile the land of the free is trying to destroy the internet as we know it. (4 Hours ago)
They're going to wind up harming consumer friendly service models as much as they will punish the bad ones. And I feel like stuff like SWBF2 will be appropriately punished by the market. (9 Hours ago)