Microsoft has released this behind-the-scenes video of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and some screens showing off High Noon, the remake of the multiplayer map Hang ‘Em High. Below, you will also find details about Kinect functionality.
“Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” Re-imagines Classic Map Hang ‘Em High and Introduces New Kinect Integration
New Halo Waypoint design, “ATLAS” companion experience, and Custom Challenges set to launch alongside “Halo: Anniversary” this Christmas
London 17th October 2001 – With less than a month until the highly anticipated release of “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” on 15th November – the 10th Anniversary of the overall franchise – Microsoft’s “Halo” studio, 343 Industries unleashed a volley of exciting news at New York Comic-Con this past weekend, including the return of the fan-favourite multiplayer map Hang ‘Em High, details of the game’s innovative Kinect integration, and the next evolution of Halo Waypoint, the ultimate online destination for “Halo” fans.
Hang ‘Em High Makes Its Triumphant Return in “Halo: Anniversary”
Announced at New York Comic-Con, High Noon, the stunning remake of the classic “Halo: Combat Evolved” map Hang ‘Em High, is set to make its glorious return in “Halo: Anniversary.” High Noon (also known as Hang ‘Em High in classic mode) combines a decade of poignant nostalgia with the adrenaline-pumping thrill of classic “Halo” multiplayer combat, to round out the cavalcade of seven fan-favourite multiplayer maps launching with “Halo: Anniversary.”
High Noon returns players to the familiar canyons and catwalks of Hang ‘Em High, now re-imagined for “Halo: Anniversary” with unprecedented detail. The vast generator complexes, which power this enormous slip-space portal, allow it to connect with an unknown number of locations across the galaxy. High Noon is a densely-packed arena of platforms, corridors and cover, best suited for team-based combat in both Slayer and Objective gametypes (4 - 12 players).
Uncover Rich Details about the “Halo” Universe through the Power of Kinect
Alongside the reveal of High Noon, 343 Industries also unveiled details about Kinect functionality in “Halo: Anniversary,” including voice commands and a new feature that lets players gather canonical information as they explore “Halo” and relive the iconic adventure:
* Analyze Mode – Analyze Mode is a Kinect-exclusive feature that allows players to “scan” items of interest within the “Halo: Anniversary” campaign to populate the Library, an interactive encyclopedia of “Halo” lore. Once in Analyze mode, new articles of interest can be added to the Library by focusing the reticule on them and saying “Scan.”
* The Library – The Library is an expansive index that provides detailed information on items of interest players have scanned through “Analyze Mode,” such as vehicles, characters, enemies and weapons. Through the use of gesture controls, players can explore the entire Library at any time and then return to the campaign to continue unlocking more secrets within the “Halo” universe.
* Voice Commands – Harness the technology of Kinect for Xbox 360 to reload your weapon, throw grenades, switch seamlessly between Classic and Re-mastered graphics and more, using only your voice.
ATLAS Companion Experience and Custom Challenges Usher in the Next Evolution of Halo Waypoint
Halo Waypoint has been the ultimate destination for “Halo” fans on Xbox LIVE since 2009, and this past weekend, 343 Industries offered a sneak peak of what’s in store for the groundbreaking online service this Christmas:
* New Halo Waypoint Interface – A revamped design and user interface lets players navigate Halo Waypoint and access the content they want more easily than ever before, whether they’re online, on their Xbox 360 or on their Windows Phone.
* Halo Waypoint ATLAS – Available on Windows Phones this Christmas, Halo Waypoint ATLAS (Advanced Tactical Assault System) is a new mobile experience that offers players a detailed, top-down view of any “Halo: Anniversary” or “Halo: Reach” map in real-time, letting them monitor teammates’ movements and positions as they play. This innovative app encourages strategic gameplay and offers a fun companion experience to any multiplayer match.
* Custom Challenges – Building upon the “Halo” series’ genre-defining user-creation toolset, 343 Industries is empowering the community even further by introducing Custom Challenges in “Halo: Anniversary” and “Halo: Reach.” For the first time, players will be able to issue custom Challenges and create friendly competitions with Xbox friends, unlocking infinite creative possibilities to invent and test their “Halo” skills against one another.
For example, players can create a Challenge to get a specific number of headshots (say 50) in Multiplayer, within 24 hours. They can then try the challenge themselves, or invite their friends to give it a shot to see who can get the most headshots. Challenges can be created for Campaign, Matchmaking Firefight, Multiplayer and even Custom modes.
Players will also be able to earn “Halo: Reach” Credits by completing Custom Challenges, infusing new creative potential into the game’s deep player progression system, and leveraging all the great new multiplayer maps from “Halo: Anniversary.”
@Moonwalker: sincerely sorry for your loss, I'm so sad to hear that. :( (1 Day ago)
nothing I can say that will make you feel better right now but all I can tell you is it becomes bearable with time. Hang in there mate. (1 Day ago)
@Moonwalker: I havent posted in a while but I feel like I must. I am really really sorry for your loss man :( I lost my dad to cancer two years ago and I felt exactly like you felt. There is ... (1 Day ago)
@Moonwalker: I'm terribly sorry for you loss, Moonwalker. I can only imagine how devastating it must for you. my condolences. may God rest her soul (3 Days ago)
OWL has been really good so far (4 Days ago)
Trump is not welcome in London. First time in modern history that a president of the US is shunned by their biggest 'ally' (4 Days ago)
this post from today seems poignant, give it a read sometime: [url] (4 Days ago)