The Spring Update for Homefront: The Revolution has been released by Deep Silver and it brings several things. First, throughout the month console players can try the game for free with the Trial mode, starting today on Xbox One and March 14 on PS4. Second, PS4 Pro owners can enjoy enhanced visuals thanks to the dedicated patch. Finally, the third and final single-player DLC Beyond The Walls is available for free to Expansion Pass owners and to purchase separately for $12.99. More details inside along with the trailer and screenshots.
THE TIME HAS COME TO GO BEYOND THE WALLS IN THE SPRING
UPDATE FOR HOMEFRONT®: THE REVOLUTION
Multiple updates including: Trial Mode on consoles, the final piece of single player DLC and enhanced visuals for PS4 Pro owners
Philadelphia, PA – March 8, 2017 – Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios this week began the rollout of the Spring Update for Homefront: The Revolution. This includes a full free trial version of the game for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft. The free game trial for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system will go live on March 14th. Additionally the update includes the third and final piece of single player DLC, Beyond The Walls and a dedicated patch for PS4 Pro™ owners.
The trial version of the game, available on consoles this month, contains the entire first ‘Red Zone’, offering up to four hours of single player gameplay, and unlimited access to Resistance Mode, the online co-operative mode in Homefront: The Revolution.
For PlayStation 4 Pro owners, a specific patch went live on March 6th, as the first part of the two stage update. This patch has the noticeable addition of HDR, along with the game world now being rendered to a 1440p buffer before up-scaling it to 4k to achieve a greater level of graphical fidelity.
The final piece of DLC content for the game, Beyond The Walls, is released today and takes players to a brand new environment - the rural heartlands of Pennsylvania. It begins with the final stronghold of the Resistance, Philadelphia, about to fall to the counter-insurgency might of the KPA. With the second American Revolution seemingly crushed, a glimmer of light appears in the darkness: A NATO agent attempts to contact the Resistance with information that could lead to the end of the nightmarish regime of the KPA. This is your final chance to free America, but will the KPA find you before you get the chance?
Beyond The Walls is free to all holders of the Homefront Expansion Pass, and available to purchase separately for $12.99. It is ready to download now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC via Steam.
For more information and to get the latest updates on Homefront: The Revolution, follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @HomefrontGame or on Facebook at Facebook.com/HomefrontGame, or visit Homefront-Game.com.
ABOUT THE TRIAL
The Trial mode, available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, contains a significant portion of gameplay. This includes unlimited access to Resistance Mode, the online co-operative mode in the game, and access to all additional missions and character customization content released since launch. The trial will also contain the entire first ‘Red Zone’ from the single player campaign which offers the player up to 4 hours of gameplay.
ABOUT BEYOND THE WALLS
The second American Revolution has been crushed by the KPA occupation forces, and Philadelphia - last stronghold of the Resistance - is about to fall.
In America’s darkest hour, a glimmer of hope appears when a NATO agent makes contact from beyond the city walls with a desperate call for help. They claim to have information that could finally end the occupation - but can the Resistance reach them before the KPA close in…?
• Play as Ethan Brady, on a last-chance mission to free America from her nightmarish, totalitarian occupation
• Travel beyond the walls of Philadelphia to the rural heartlands of Pennsylvania, the cradle of Independence
• Make contact with NATO and discover their daring plan to defeat the KPA once and for all
ABOUT THE PS4 PRO PATCH
The PS4 Pro patch offers:
• The main game is rendered in 1440p, and all HUD/UI elements are rendered in 4K, providing superior image quality on 4K TVs and a crisper, super-sampled image on HD TVs
• The popular Easter Egg content is now rendered in native 4K
• Frame rate performance is further improved
• The Sony patch also adds HDR support for both PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro
ABOUT HOMEFRONT®: THE REVOLUTION
Homefront®: The Revolution is an open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
A living, breathing, open world responds to your actions - you and your Resistance Cell can inspire a rebellion on the streets and turn Occupation into Revolution, as oppressed civilians take up the fight.
But your enemy has the advantage - superior technology, firepower, heavy armour and air support. You must learn the art of guerrilla warfare – ambush, sabotage, infiltration, deception – and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia.
And the single player campaign is just the start – in Co-Op you and your friends can form your own Resistance Cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution.
• Explore a living, breathing open world - experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
• Wage Guerrilla Warfare - this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
• Build the Resistance - recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
• Ignite the Revolution - from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
• Online Co-Op - take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
@Moonwalker: disappointing. I thought they'd have at least announced something, either a replacement for the loss lf crackdown, or something next new for 2018. (4 Hours ago)
exclusive, just timed. Jurassic Park building game announced, third party....no new exclusives or anything. (5 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: It wasn't a conference, it was basically like one of those daily E3 shows. Recore DE announced, free for Recore owners, Quantum Break gets 4K Patch, MS publishing PUBG but it's not (5 Hours ago)
Anything good announced? New games for instance? (6 Hours ago)
@HR2: wait. That happened? Man, i didn't even realise ot was gamescom yet, let alone their conference. Lol (6 Hours ago)
That Project Scorpio Xbox One X edition is out of stock at Amazon Germany and USA, and look on Ebay....disgusting. (6 Hours ago)
Microsoft's Gamescom show sure was a snooze fest. somebody needs to remind them what the word "premier" means. they re-used E3 trailers for EVERY game. I felt offended as a viewer, not even as a gamer (7 Hours ago)