Last out from Atari today is Eternal Sonata on Playstation 3, which will be released in February next year in Europe.
Atari press release:
Cross the Bridge Between Dreams and Reality…On his deathbed, the famous composer, Chopin, drifts between this life and the next. In his final hours, he experiences a fantastical dream where he encounters a young girl facing a terrible destiny and the boy who will fight to save her. On the border between dreams and reality, Chopin discovers the light that shines in all of us in this enduring tale of good and evil, love and betrayal.
Developed by Tri-Crescendo and featuring the music of Chopin, Eternal Sonata for the PLAYSTATION®3 delivers amazingly detailed 3D graphics, a captivating storyline, an innovative action battle system as well as new playable characters, quests, music and more.
· New PS3 Quests, Battles and Events: Experience new quests, battles, events and multiple endings that will shed new light on the dramatic and evolving storyline;
· New Playable Characters and Costume Changes for the PS3: Now players can play as Crescendo or Serenade and change favourite character’s costumes;
· Exclusive New Music for the PS3: Listen to newly added Chopin music – a key element in the environment and story;
· Custom-Made for Next-Gen: Enjoy amazing, high-definition, anime style cel-shading and high quality textures delivering an spectacular next gen experience.
· Innovative Battle System: Battle using a unique, hybrid turn-based / action RPG system that combines free-roam and turn-based action (up to three players during battle).
· Strategic Use of Light and Darkness: Adjust your battle strategy in the ongoing struggle between light and darkness. Beware of enemies lurking in the shadows, as their stats – attacks and potency – will change, as will their physical form. Lure them out into the light or destroy them under the cloak of darkness. Change your special attacks depending on whether you are in the light or the dark.
· Dramatic and Evolving Storyline: Experience a deeply moving story focusing on the enduring struggle between good and evil, all taking place in a dream during the final 3 hours of world-famous music composer Frederic Chopin’s life.
that shits expensive to do. (15 minutes ago)
I'd rather stuff like glass reacted realistically via physics, than have realistic reflections and refraction via multiple light bounces (16 minutes ago)
rather than wasted processing power concentrating on stuff with little beneficial trade offs compared to hack techniques (18 minutes ago)
It's not entirely surprising, though. Hybrid rendering was always going to be the way forward. It depends how efficient it is, but I'd still rather devs do something with physics and AI (19 minutes ago)
@Melmoth: Remedy's tech demo just makes me want a Blade Runner 2049 game now. Yes, I think I'd probably get aroused if a BR2049 game were announced by them using that tech. (20 minutes ago)
@crookedmind: so is people overreacting on the steam reviews like usual? (4 Hours ago)
@droezelke: what is plagiarized exactly? they ripped models and tracks from another game? because it just looks like another futuristic racer to me? (4 Hours ago)