Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine (Wii) is inspired by the american show of the same name, produced by Fuji Television. The player takes the role of a master chef in a series of culinary and spicy challenges. Hundreds of dishes will be available for you to create this summer. For me, it already smells like old cheese.
Official PR :
Developed by Black Lantern Studios, the game is based on the highly rated Iron Chef America program, a spinoff of the worldwide hit Iron Chef, produced by Fuji Television. Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine features the voice and likeness of the show’s host, Mark Dacascos, and Destineer will announce the involvement of additional talent from the show shortly.
“If the early buzz surrounding the game is any indication, then fans of the show and Nintendo owners are as excited as we are to be developing Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine,” said Paul Rinde, CEO of Destineer. “With their innovative control dynamics, Wii and DS are the ideal system for the inaugural Iron Chef video game and believe the ultimate ‘secret ingredient’ to these games will be family fun.”
Adds Jean Sagendorph, Licensing Director at United Media: “Iron Chef America possesses all of the attributes for a successful video game: fast paced action, intense competition and a unique gamesmanship that is the hallmark of Kitchen Stadium. We are excited to partner with Destineer in a sure-fire recipe for success – Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine.”
Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine challenges players to take up the role a master chef in the midst of a battle for culinary supremacy. Recreating the blistering speed of the Food Network’s hit television show, Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine presents players with epic culinary battles centered on 15 theme ingredients and hundreds of dish variations. Featuring recipes chosen to look and sound delicious and be fun to make, gameplay revolves around 300 different mini-game tasks designed to highlight the skill and speed of the real Iron Chefs.
* King of Iron Chefs: Make your way through the gauntlet of master chefs to earn the tile of King of All Iron Chefs! Battle celebrity chefs in frenzied competitions for the delight of discriminating judges.
* Epic Culinary Battles: This is no lazy day in the kitchen! Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine challenges players to complete several dishes simultaneously, using the Wii Remote or DS Stylus as your cooking tools. Stir, chop, mince, fry, and more… just keep your eye on the clock!
* The Secret Ingredient is…: Featuring 15 theme ingredients and hundreds of dish variations, Supreme Cuisine challenges players to create three to six dishes per battle. The judges favor more courses but also prize skillful cooking, so player must weigh the challenges of taking on more dishes against the potential rewards.
* Step into Kitchen Stadium: Enter the world of Iron Chef, complete with an accurate recreation of Kitchen Stadium, world-famous chefs, and hundreds of mouth-watering food items!
* Cooking with Friends: On both the Wii and DS, players can challenge a friend to a cook-off. Or, two chefs can cook together for a true meeting of culinary masters!
Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine is scheduled for release in Summer 2008.
Also, there are many dumb systems for very important things in any sector - Health, Politics, Education, Transportation, etc. - in most countries. But most people just accept it, so they deserve it. (25 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: True on both accounts. As for the system being dumb, people still choose to use it, so what does that make them? If such an important system is dumb, people should fight for it to be changed (28 minutes ago)
although admittedly, it wasn't far off half the voters who still voted trump, so it's not like a good chunk of them aren't dumb asses. but then that't true for anywhere really. (30 minutes ago)
@Melmoth: exactly. if majority of people voted hilary, and yet trump got into power. that's a dumb system, not dumb people. (32 minutes ago)
Mario right now (likely will stay) is 900p/60fps docked and 720p/60fps undocked. 60fps is fucking sweet and 900p is good, should look decent enough on my 65 incher. Gamersyde's videos looked great (1 Hour ago)
@Sdarts: so many stupid things were happening in the holodeck :D (1 Hour ago)
Shite, now I'm missing Star Trek: The Next Generation: [url] (1 Hour ago)