Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine (Wii) is inspired by the american show of the same name, produced by Fuji Television. The player takes the role of a master chef in a series of culinary and spicy challenges. Hundreds of dishes will be available for you to create this summer. For me, it already smells like old cheese.
Official PR :
Developed by Black Lantern Studios, the game is based on the highly rated Iron Chef America program, a spinoff of the worldwide hit Iron Chef, produced by Fuji Television. Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine features the voice and likeness of the show’s host, Mark Dacascos, and Destineer will announce the involvement of additional talent from the show shortly.
“If the early buzz surrounding the game is any indication, then fans of the show and Nintendo owners are as excited as we are to be developing Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine,” said Paul Rinde, CEO of Destineer. “With their innovative control dynamics, Wii and DS are the ideal system for the inaugural Iron Chef video game and believe the ultimate ‘secret ingredient’ to these games will be family fun.”
Adds Jean Sagendorph, Licensing Director at United Media: “Iron Chef America possesses all of the attributes for a successful video game: fast paced action, intense competition and a unique gamesmanship that is the hallmark of Kitchen Stadium. We are excited to partner with Destineer in a sure-fire recipe for success – Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine.”
Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine challenges players to take up the role a master chef in the midst of a battle for culinary supremacy. Recreating the blistering speed of the Food Network’s hit television show, Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine presents players with epic culinary battles centered on 15 theme ingredients and hundreds of dish variations. Featuring recipes chosen to look and sound delicious and be fun to make, gameplay revolves around 300 different mini-game tasks designed to highlight the skill and speed of the real Iron Chefs.
* King of Iron Chefs: Make your way through the gauntlet of master chefs to earn the tile of King of All Iron Chefs! Battle celebrity chefs in frenzied competitions for the delight of discriminating judges.
* Epic Culinary Battles: This is no lazy day in the kitchen! Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine challenges players to complete several dishes simultaneously, using the Wii Remote or DS Stylus as your cooking tools. Stir, chop, mince, fry, and more… just keep your eye on the clock!
* The Secret Ingredient is…: Featuring 15 theme ingredients and hundreds of dish variations, Supreme Cuisine challenges players to create three to six dishes per battle. The judges favor more courses but also prize skillful cooking, so player must weigh the challenges of taking on more dishes against the potential rewards.
* Step into Kitchen Stadium: Enter the world of Iron Chef, complete with an accurate recreation of Kitchen Stadium, world-famous chefs, and hundreds of mouth-watering food items!
* Cooking with Friends: On both the Wii and DS, players can challenge a friend to a cook-off. Or, two chefs can cook together for a true meeting of culinary masters!
Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine is scheduled for release in Summer 2008.
@Sdarts: Yup. Oh and I can't forget to mention how dark it is, and that story, real nice. The dynamic between Jackman and Stewart was superb too. (8 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yes, Wolverine in the comics was always bloody, savage and ruthless. Something the previous movies never did, probably to stay PG-13 - suitable for teens. (8 Hours ago)
@digi_matrix: Looking very forward to it. But no spoilers please. Now I know I will most likely cry at the end. (Which is never a bad thing.) (8 Hours ago)
@droezelke: No problem, in games like Edith Finch what's most important is story, characters and world settings. It's like movies or a very short TV show/mini series, gameplay isn't as important. (8 Hours ago)
Oh and I loved the violence, yep. I never liked how there was barely any blood in the previous films, impossible when you have someone like Wolverine cleaning house. This is how it's done. (9 Hours ago)
And I'm so glad I watched the previous X-men movies first, specifically the two Wolverine movies, otherwise some things wouldn't have made sense (9 Hours ago)
Logan was absolutely fantastic. In terms of acting, emotion, character development it's in a different league than the other X-men movies. Fucking loved it. And man, Jackman is a boss! (9 Hours ago)