Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is coming to PC (digital) on August 27 while the boxed version releasing on August 30. It will be packed as an Ultimate Editon, and besides the obvious 1080p 60fps, the title features Reverie and Resurrection. More details, screens and trailer after the jump.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Ultimate Edition heads to PC
Best-selling Castlevania epic swings on to PC in August
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that its acclaimed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will be released for Windows PC in an Ultimate Edition in August via both physical and digital means.
A stunning sales success since its launch on PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a dark and vivid reimagining of the Castlevania mythology. The PC edition features the full game and two add-on chapters, and will be available across Europe to download via Steam on August 27th, with a boxed product following on August 30th.
The stunning 3D epic is set at the end of days and dark powers isolate the Earth. The World’s alliance with the Heavens has been threatened by a dark and malevolent force – the eponymous Lords of Shadow. Across this shattered land, the souls of the dead wander unable to find peace, whilst creatures of evil wreak chaos and death upon the living.
Enter Gabriel Belmont: a member of the Brotherhood of Light, an elite group of holy knights who protect and defend the innocent against the supernatural. His beloved wife was brutally murdered by evil forces and her soul trapped for eternity. Neither living nor dead, she foresees the horrific truth of what is at stake and guides Gabriel to his destiny – and hopefully salvation for the world.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Ultimate Edition boasts a number of key advances:
• New Features: The Ultimate Edition offers the original full game plus add-on content: Reverie and Resurrection. It also boasts enhanced 1080p HD graphics, runs at a solid 60 frames per second via recommended spec, and offers trophy integration through Steam with Cloud saving.
• New Storyline: Players can immerse themselves in the brand-new Lords of Shadow storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
• New Weapons and Skills: Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills within this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away obstacles.
• New Titan Battles: Conquer behemoth enemies of terrifying size, where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.
• New Exploration: Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, barren forests and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.
Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Ultimate Edition will be released for Windows PC across Europe via Steam on August 27th, and as a physical product on August 30th.
even wii is taking more of my time. (1 Hour ago)
my ps4 is fuckin dead so much trite games i think the last time i booted her up for the sales and nothing else. fuckin waste of monye. ps4pro? lol so much better enjoying some ps3/360 titles nowdays. (1 Hour ago)
@KORNdog: Still very different. More like Diablo but the "game feel" is not as polished. Systems are more well designed, but I have to give it to Diablo when it comes to fit and finish. (9 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: like divinity? Better or worse? Might be one i dust off the xbox for. (10 Hours ago)
The economy is unique and will probably seem strange to new players.. but every system is cleverly tied together in PoE. (10 Hours ago)
And yes.. the passive skill tree is pretty insane. It has a healthy mix of rigid decision making in its passive tree and flexibility in the active skill system. (10 Hours ago)
Path of Exile is an endlessly playable action RPG and Pillars of Eternity is a turn-based single player game w/ a party system. (10 Hours ago)