Ancient Space is a new story-driven real-time strategy game announced today by Paradox Interactive and CreativeForge Games. Commanding a fleet, you'll chart what lies beyond 'The Black Zone' for a scentific mission. Characters are voiced by John Billingsley, Aaron Douglas, Ron Glass, Dina Meyer, Dwight Schultz and Richard Gunn. The title will be out in Fall for PC and Mac.
Paradox Interactive and CreativeForge Games Invite You to Explore the Void in Ancient Space
New Story-driven Real-Time Strategy Game With Stellar Cast Announced
STOCKHOLM — August 21, 2014 — Paradox Interactive today revealed that Ancient Space, a new story-driven real-time strategy (RTS) game from developer CreativeForge Games, will be coming to Windows and Mac PCs in Fall 2014.
Ancient Space is a single-player, real-time strategy title that puts the player in command of a fleet conducting a scientific mission on the edge of the known universe, charting what lies beyond in ‘The Black Zone.’ A rich and compelling story will guide the player as they build and upgrade their fleets and then survive overwhelming odds in deadly strategic missions.
Ancient Space mixes an engrossing single-player campaign story with time-honored RTS gameplay for a suspenseful experience. Mission objectives are many, varying from exploration to stealth, from assault to defense and more.
Ancient Space is host to a cast of characters voiced by fan-favorite actors from sci-fi television series and films, including:
• John Billingsley (Star Trek: Enterprise, True Blood)
• Aaron Douglas (Battlestar Galactica)
• Ron Glass (Firefly)
• Richard Gunn (Dark Angel)
• Dina Meyer (Starship Troopers, Star Trek: Nemesis, Saw)
• Dwight Schultz (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager)
Ancient Space Features:
• New Frontiers, Classic Gameplay: Build, maintain, upgrade, and strategically command a multitude of ships in tactical battles and missions, facing aliens, pirates, and the unknown
• An Explosive Space Opera: A compelling story, performed by a stellar cast, follows the player as the fleet tackles questions of humanity and science in an epic single-player campaign
• Live with Your Choices: Each mission advances the plot, and introduces new challenges to be met by choosing the right crew and the right upgrades for the job
For more information on Ancient Space, visit www.ancientspacegame.com
@Sdarts: Yup. Oh and I can't forget to mention how dark it is, and that story, real nice. The dynamic between Jackman and Stewart was superb too. (6 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yes, Wolverine in the comics was always bloody, savage and ruthless. Something the previous movies never did, probably to stay PG-13 - suitable for teens. (7 Hours ago)
@digi_matrix: Looking very forward to it. But no spoilers please. Now I know I will most likely cry at the end. (Which is never a bad thing.) (7 Hours ago)
@droezelke: No problem, in games like Edith Finch what's most important is story, characters and world settings. It's like movies or a very short TV show/mini series, gameplay isn't as important. (7 Hours ago)
Oh and I loved the violence, yep. I never liked how there was barely any blood in the previous films, impossible when you have someone like Wolverine cleaning house. This is how it's done. (7 Hours ago)
And I'm so glad I watched the previous X-men movies first, specifically the two Wolverine movies, otherwise some things wouldn't have made sense (7 Hours ago)
Logan was absolutely fantastic. In terms of acting, emotion, character development it's in a different league than the other X-men movies. Fucking loved it. And man, Jackman is a boss! (7 Hours ago)