Ancient Space is a new story-driven real-time strategy game announced today by Paradox Interactive and CreativeForge Games. Commanding a fleet, you'll chart what lies beyond 'The Black Zone' for a scentific mission. Characters are voiced by John Billingsley, Aaron Douglas, Ron Glass, Dina Meyer, Dwight Schultz and Richard Gunn. The title will be out in Fall for PC and Mac.
Paradox Interactive and CreativeForge Games Invite You to Explore the Void in Ancient Space
New Story-driven Real-Time Strategy Game With Stellar Cast Announced
STOCKHOLM — August 21, 2014 — Paradox Interactive today revealed that Ancient Space, a new story-driven real-time strategy (RTS) game from developer CreativeForge Games, will be coming to Windows and Mac PCs in Fall 2014.
Ancient Space is a single-player, real-time strategy title that puts the player in command of a fleet conducting a scientific mission on the edge of the known universe, charting what lies beyond in ‘The Black Zone.’ A rich and compelling story will guide the player as they build and upgrade their fleets and then survive overwhelming odds in deadly strategic missions.
Ancient Space mixes an engrossing single-player campaign story with time-honored RTS gameplay for a suspenseful experience. Mission objectives are many, varying from exploration to stealth, from assault to defense and more.
Ancient Space is host to a cast of characters voiced by fan-favorite actors from sci-fi television series and films, including:
• John Billingsley (Star Trek: Enterprise, True Blood)
• Aaron Douglas (Battlestar Galactica)
• Ron Glass (Firefly)
• Richard Gunn (Dark Angel)
• Dina Meyer (Starship Troopers, Star Trek: Nemesis, Saw)
• Dwight Schultz (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager)
Ancient Space Features:
• New Frontiers, Classic Gameplay: Build, maintain, upgrade, and strategically command a multitude of ships in tactical battles and missions, facing aliens, pirates, and the unknown
• An Explosive Space Opera: A compelling story, performed by a stellar cast, follows the player as the fleet tackles questions of humanity and science in an epic single-player campaign
• Live with Your Choices: Each mission advances the plot, and introduces new challenges to be met by choosing the right crew and the right upgrades for the job
For more information on Ancient Space, visit www.ancientspacegame.com
EA announced today that a Battlefront II story trailer for the single player campaign trailer is coming tomorrow.. nice timing (6 minutes ago)
And while there may be a nugget of truth in there, people are DEFINITELY jumping to conclusions. (31 minutes ago)
@Melmoth: Yea.. but what's not as obvious to people is that their PR wasn't for the benefit of consumers. It was spinning this for their shareholders. (31 minutes ago)
@GriftGFX: that's a pretty obvious thing he says. If visceral were doing great progress at a single player game, EA would probably just ask them to change the direction, not fire them. (3 Hours ago)
And as usual.. our analysis is dreadfully misinformed anyway (taking this back to Visceral): [url] (3 Hours ago)
I'm not as pessimistic about where things are headed. I think a lot of stuff is better in regards to this problem vs. a decade ago. (3 Hours ago)
@MrWhite: Time for what? People are noticing stuff that impacts game design more than ever. That's not a new problem. Add-on content of any flavor has presented this problem through decades now. (3 Hours ago)