Ancient Space is a new story-driven real-time strategy game announced today by Paradox Interactive and CreativeForge Games. Commanding a fleet, you'll chart what lies beyond 'The Black Zone' for a scentific mission. Characters are voiced by John Billingsley, Aaron Douglas, Ron Glass, Dina Meyer, Dwight Schultz and Richard Gunn. The title will be out in Fall for PC and Mac.
Paradox Interactive and CreativeForge Games Invite You to Explore the Void in Ancient Space
New Story-driven Real-Time Strategy Game With Stellar Cast Announced
STOCKHOLM — August 21, 2014 — Paradox Interactive today revealed that Ancient Space, a new story-driven real-time strategy (RTS) game from developer CreativeForge Games, will be coming to Windows and Mac PCs in Fall 2014.
Ancient Space is a single-player, real-time strategy title that puts the player in command of a fleet conducting a scientific mission on the edge of the known universe, charting what lies beyond in ‘The Black Zone.’ A rich and compelling story will guide the player as they build and upgrade their fleets and then survive overwhelming odds in deadly strategic missions.
Ancient Space mixes an engrossing single-player campaign story with time-honored RTS gameplay for a suspenseful experience. Mission objectives are many, varying from exploration to stealth, from assault to defense and more.
Ancient Space is host to a cast of characters voiced by fan-favorite actors from sci-fi television series and films, including:
• John Billingsley (Star Trek: Enterprise, True Blood)
• Aaron Douglas (Battlestar Galactica)
• Ron Glass (Firefly)
• Richard Gunn (Dark Angel)
• Dina Meyer (Starship Troopers, Star Trek: Nemesis, Saw)
• Dwight Schultz (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager)
Ancient Space Features:
• New Frontiers, Classic Gameplay: Build, maintain, upgrade, and strategically command a multitude of ships in tactical battles and missions, facing aliens, pirates, and the unknown
• An Explosive Space Opera: A compelling story, performed by a stellar cast, follows the player as the fleet tackles questions of humanity and science in an epic single-player campaign
• Live with Your Choices: Each mission advances the plot, and introduces new challenges to be met by choosing the right crew and the right upgrades for the job
For more information on Ancient Space, visit www.ancientspacegame.com
@Tiz: Agree. People want to punish others well implement methods because of EA stupidity. (41 minutes ago)
EA lost their minds and went full greed. $60 buy-in with P2W microtransactions, and an unholy grind? I'm not surprised by the pushback but it's impossible to tar everything with the same brush. (46 minutes ago)
If you don't have the time but want the stuff, then you pay. If you do have the time and want the stuff, then you grind. (49 minutes ago)
I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. EA over-stepped with BF2, but the method to unlocking stuff in most games is fine based on a time vs money scenario. (50 minutes ago)
This is a stupid move by ESA. They are now distancing themselves more and more from their customers. They are spitting in their faces. Apparently the signal to EA wasn't clear enough. (1 Hour ago)
And now Australia sees lootboxes as gambling. You know who doesn't? ESA, the entertainment software association which is EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo, MS... (1 Hour ago)
@crookedmind: what? How did you come to that conclusion? (3 Hours ago)