Orcs Must Die! 2 unveils a new game mode. Called Endless and playable alone or in coop, players fight off waves of enemies. First screens and more details after the jump. The game will be available on July 30th.
Introducing Endless Mode
Robot Entertainment today announced an exciting new Endless Game Mode to challenge War Mages in this summer’s Orcs Must Die! 2. In this new game mode, players will fight off an all-out assault from never ending waves of enemies that get more difficult the longer they’re held at bay. Playable in single-player or co-op, Endless Mode features five campaign levels, five completely original levels, and countless hours of intense rift-defending!
Players begin each Endless level with a starter allowance, and they’ll rely on clever trap placement and expert combat skills to earn more trap money and hold back the mob as long as possible. Every five waves, a golden-armored Ogre affectionately named Mr. Moneybags will rumble through the level. Players who manage to kill Mr. Moneybags before he escapes the level will be handsomely rewarded with more money for traps. Endless mode features all of the same performance and bonus skull unlocks that are found in the campaign levels. This makes Endless Mode an exciting new option for players to earn precious skulls for upgrading their traps, spells, weapons, and guardians.
Orcs Must Die! 2 begins days after the ending of the original game. With the rifts closed and the magical Order dead, the War Mage finds himself suddenly thrust into a new battle against the mindless orc mob. He has a powerful, if questionable, new companion in the Sorceress, an ex-War Mage responsible for the destruction of the Order. Orcs Must Die! 2 will be available on Steam on July 30th, 2012.
Orcs Must Die! 2 Key Features:
• Co-Op! - Play as the War Mage, the headstrong hero who charges into danger, or play as the more strategic Sorceress who keeps the mob at bay with mind-control and magic.
• Story-based Campaign – Pick up where the original game left off with a brand new story-based campaign that you can play in Single-Player or Co-Op!
• Endless Mode - Play alone or join a friend to put your skills to the test against endless waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
• Over 20 Deadly Enemies - Face an army of vile new creatures like Earth Elementals, Trolls, and Bile Bats. And they’ve brought all of your favorite trap-fodder from the original Orcs Must Die! along with them!
• More than 50 Traps, Weapons, and Guardians – Choose from an enormous armory of new and classic defenses, including an all new assortment of magical trinkets.
• Massive Upgrade System – With more than 225 persistent trap and weapon upgrades to unlock, you can build an arsenal perfectly suited to your slaying style.
• Extensive Replayability – Multiple game modes, “Nightmare” difficulty, and an enormous skull-ranking system provide hours of replayability.
• Scoring System and Leaderboard – Compete with your friends for supremacy on single-player and co-op leaderboards!
As a special bonus, players who own the original Orcs Must Die! on PC will unlock exclusive content in the sequel.
If FIFA didn't object so long to get a VAR, the concept could have been bug-fixed 10 years ago. (1 Hour ago)
@Tinks: The VAR is an exvellent tool, but the rules applied to the VAR are restricting them from intervening. Also, the hands-rule is so ill defined that it's completely open to interpretation. (1 Hour ago)
Then the shot came and as he tried to correct to the right, he was leaning on the wrong leg and went out of balance. (1 Hour ago)
@MrWhite: That's not what happened. He couldn't see the ball, so he first stepped a bit to the left to see where the ball was... (1 Hour ago)
Croatia's keeper's a bit shite too. At least try to dive and not sit on your arse. (1 Hour ago)
Oh and Pogba, what a tosser that man is. Sorry, man child. Made the entire presentation all about him with his dickhead antics. (1 Hour ago)
Referee ruined that final. Absolutely appalling decisions both for the free kick and then pen. (1 Hour ago)