Mars: War Logs was released a few days ago and after five hours playing the game, we must say the game's old school flavor has managed to enrapture us. This action-RPG is indeed very atmospheric, with the first hours reminding a bit of Escape from Butcher Bay, and although it is not perfect from a technical standpoint, it has a lot to offer for a downloadable game. Considering the game's price, it'd be foolish not to give it a go on PC. As for console players, you know have something to look forward to. Check out our videos inside and enjoy our 1080p/60fps footage. Also, feel free to ask us questions if you want to know more about it.
Key features of the game
- Around 20 hours of gameplay in the core story with lots of side quests.
- Multiple endings. The choice you'll have to make at the end of chapter 2 will completely modify the story.
- Dynamic combat system where your tactical skill and reflexes will be tested to the max (the opposite of Of Orcs and Men's system).
- A high level of character specialization using different skill trees and an excellent crafting system allowing players to customize their character and make their own equipment that suits their playstyle.
- Your attitude in the dialog screens, along with your choices and decisions, will influence your adventure.
Yeah, I was all-in on PS1 and 2 back then. But I never hated them. And now I miss what they represented to the gaming business. I will never forget that. (1 minute ago)
@Sdarts: Dreamcast was the last time I ever fanboyed for a company, but 1st party titles were the least of their worries. (4 minutes ago)
Though I still want Microsoft and Xbox to succeed. I still remember when we lost Sega. Think of the Mega Drive/Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast. I would hate to see Xbox go away. (6 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: Not a situation I see happening with MS ever. But they are starting very slowly. Joseph Staten former front man to Bungie is very passionate about Recore. (7 minutes ago)
@Tiz: Yes, they depend a lot on PlayStation, almost entirely so. They either succeed or they die. Same with Nintendo for games. Xbox, I suspect, is like 5% of Microsoft's business. (7 minutes ago)
VentureBeat - Sony’s PlayStation division accounted for 78% of its Q1 2016 profits: [url] (8 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: When one defence is breached: fall back. Then again and again until you're at the last bastion of defence, cornered wasp and all that. Which for Sony, Playstation very much was. (9 minutes ago)