Sony has just announced that Ratchet & Clank will be back in Spring 2016 for PlayStation 4. In development at Insomniac Games, the new colourful adventure is inspired by the movie, itself inspired by the game. Trailer and screens inside.
Play the game, based on the movie, based on the game! Developed alongside the major motion CG-animated picture coming to theatres in 2016, Ratchet & Clank (PS4) marks the PlayStation 4 debut of PlayStation’s greatest intergalactic heroes, Ratchet and Clank, as they battle to save the Solana Galaxy from the evil Chairman Drek.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4) is a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2), featuring more than an hour of new cinematics (including footage from the film) in vibrant 1080p, new locations, weapons, bosses and more. Join Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and new friends as they embark on an intergalactic adventure, and experience the start of an epic friendship (again) on PlayStation 4.
• RATCHET COMES TO PS4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay, featuring new planets, new boss fights, flight sequences, and more – all constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.
• THE GAME, BASED ON THE MOVIE, BASED ON THE GAME: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) will launch for PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016 alongside the animated film of the same name. The film, featuring a star-studded voice cast, will be released by Focus Features in the United States on April 29, 2016.
• THE GANG’S ALL HERE: Romp around the Solana galaxy with the beloved cast of characters – Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and the dastardly Chairman Drek, as well as many brand-new characters to the franchise.
• NEW GAMEPLAY, WEAPONS AND STORY: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) combines the signature platform adventure gameplay and humor the franchise is known for with new narrative details, planets, gameplay sequences, bosses and weapons.
- From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.
@Moonwalker: its especially weird given the brutality of the finishers. it's like they had some weird moral objection to showing blood...after animating the violent neck stabbing. lol (5 minutes ago)
@AMDman18: Xbox One X. Been seeing the lack of blood since E3. I thought that was just for the show. But nope. Such a weird decision of them. (47 minutes ago)
@Seth: That and you can swim. It's just a little something but more and more it started to look like we wouldn't be able. But it is :) (48 minutes ago)
instead of completely optional collectibles we're forced to put up with their survival systems that affect every facet of the game...yeah, give me backpacks any day of the week! lol (1 Hour ago)
anyways,the game having the MP3's shooting mechanics, dismemberment and varied random encounters/side missions is all i needed to know. (4 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: i heard about having to collect dinosaur bones in rdr2 this time ahah. I hope there is a little story about these. (4 Hours ago)
I won't have time to collect bullshit, I'll be too busy caring for my lovely horse. (8 Hours ago)