Sony has just announced that Ratchet & Clank will be back in Spring 2016 for PlayStation 4. In development at Insomniac Games, the new colourful adventure is inspired by the movie, itself inspired by the game. Trailer and screens inside.
Play the game, based on the movie, based on the game! Developed alongside the major motion CG-animated picture coming to theatres in 2016, Ratchet & Clank (PS4) marks the PlayStation 4 debut of PlayStation’s greatest intergalactic heroes, Ratchet and Clank, as they battle to save the Solana Galaxy from the evil Chairman Drek.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4) is a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2), featuring more than an hour of new cinematics (including footage from the film) in vibrant 1080p, new locations, weapons, bosses and more. Join Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and new friends as they embark on an intergalactic adventure, and experience the start of an epic friendship (again) on PlayStation 4.
• RATCHET COMES TO PS4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay, featuring new planets, new boss fights, flight sequences, and more – all constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.
• THE GAME, BASED ON THE MOVIE, BASED ON THE GAME: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) will launch for PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016 alongside the animated film of the same name. The film, featuring a star-studded voice cast, will be released by Focus Features in the United States on April 29, 2016.
• THE GANG’S ALL HERE: Romp around the Solana galaxy with the beloved cast of characters – Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and the dastardly Chairman Drek, as well as many brand-new characters to the franchise.
• NEW GAMEPLAY, WEAPONS AND STORY: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) combines the signature platform adventure gameplay and humor the franchise is known for with new narrative details, planets, gameplay sequences, bosses and weapons.
- From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.
@Sdarts: Gonna give that a look. DS3 sure felt totally different from 1 and 2. Very dissapointing for someone who loved the first 2 games. (50 minutes ago)
not every effin game needs a sequel (57 minutes ago)
But even though there are no official numbers, apparently SO failed to meet MS' expectations, it sold apparently quite goddamn bad.... sadly. (1 Hour ago)
Insomniac is interested in a Sunset Overdrive sequel and me too: [url] (1 Hour ago)
Not a surprise by any extent, but as far as I know, this is the first time a developer is so open about how a publisher's business decisions screwed a game and the franchise. (1 Hour ago)
Really great interview. Basically, EA made the decisions to turn DS3 into Action instead of Survival Horror, include microtransactions, have the big set pieces a la CoD, etc. It wasn't Visceral's. (1 Hour ago)
EuroGamer - The Dead Space 3 the developers wanted to make: [url] Interview with DS3 Creative Director, Ben Wanat. (1 Hour ago)