Sony has just announced that Ratchet & Clank will be back in Spring 2016 for PlayStation 4. In development at Insomniac Games, the new colourful adventure is inspired by the movie, itself inspired by the game. Trailer and screens inside.
Play the game, based on the movie, based on the game! Developed alongside the major motion CG-animated picture coming to theatres in 2016, Ratchet & Clank (PS4) marks the PlayStation 4 debut of PlayStation’s greatest intergalactic heroes, Ratchet and Clank, as they battle to save the Solana Galaxy from the evil Chairman Drek.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4) is a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2), featuring more than an hour of new cinematics (including footage from the film) in vibrant 1080p, new locations, weapons, bosses and more. Join Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and new friends as they embark on an intergalactic adventure, and experience the start of an epic friendship (again) on PlayStation 4.
• RATCHET COMES TO PS4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay, featuring new planets, new boss fights, flight sequences, and more – all constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.
• THE GAME, BASED ON THE MOVIE, BASED ON THE GAME: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) will launch for PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016 alongside the animated film of the same name. The film, featuring a star-studded voice cast, will be released by Focus Features in the United States on April 29, 2016.
• THE GANG’S ALL HERE: Romp around the Solana galaxy with the beloved cast of characters – Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and the dastardly Chairman Drek, as well as many brand-new characters to the franchise.
• NEW GAMEPLAY, WEAPONS AND STORY: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) combines the signature platform adventure gameplay and humor the franchise is known for with new narrative details, planets, gameplay sequences, bosses and weapons.
- From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.
@jmd749: OLED is king for watching movies, and especially if you sit off-center (13 Hours ago)
@jmd749: FALD can be a bit hit and miss, depending on how many zones and how aggressive it's programmed to work. Like the Q8 that's got far fewer zones (causing glow around bright objects) (16 Hours ago)
I'm excited for you, that is a beast of a television, with far superior HDR performance than any OLED with minimal to no burn-in issues. :P (19 Hours ago)
When I got my OLED 2017 FALD panels were more expensive, it's good to see they've dropped in price. I'd probably have bought the same as you, cause tbf FALD with just under 500 zones is good for a 65" (19 Hours ago)
@Melmoth: 15ms latency is pretty good and 2K nits will make for some very good HDR viewing, though a higher electricity bill. :P Agreed, I play old games on my PC monitor to avoid burn in on my OLED. (19 Hours ago)
Most of the rough edges in BFV are around stuff like UI. The actual game is solid as hell. (1 Day ago)
This is also the first Battlefield game that won't have expansions, which is something consumers asked for. (1 Day ago)