Sony has just announced that Ratchet & Clank will be back in Spring 2016 for PlayStation 4. In development at Insomniac Games, the new colourful adventure is inspired by the movie, itself inspired by the game. Trailer and screens inside.
Play the game, based on the movie, based on the game! Developed alongside the major motion CG-animated picture coming to theatres in 2016, Ratchet & Clank (PS4) marks the PlayStation 4 debut of PlayStation’s greatest intergalactic heroes, Ratchet and Clank, as they battle to save the Solana Galaxy from the evil Chairman Drek.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4) is a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2), featuring more than an hour of new cinematics (including footage from the film) in vibrant 1080p, new locations, weapons, bosses and more. Join Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and new friends as they embark on an intergalactic adventure, and experience the start of an epic friendship (again) on PlayStation 4.
• RATCHET COMES TO PS4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay, featuring new planets, new boss fights, flight sequences, and more – all constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.
• THE GAME, BASED ON THE MOVIE, BASED ON THE GAME: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) will launch for PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016 alongside the animated film of the same name. The film, featuring a star-studded voice cast, will be released by Focus Features in the United States on April 29, 2016.
• THE GANG’S ALL HERE: Romp around the Solana galaxy with the beloved cast of characters – Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and the dastardly Chairman Drek, as well as many brand-new characters to the franchise.
• NEW GAMEPLAY, WEAPONS AND STORY: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) combines the signature platform adventure gameplay and humor the franchise is known for with new narrative details, planets, gameplay sequences, bosses and weapons.
- From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.
@Megido: retarded... too much crazy anime, vs. stylish in MGS. The bosses on MGS4 were retarded, minus ocelot. he was awesome. (3 Hours ago)
These Quake betas are too short. They could at least run later into Sunday. (5 Hours ago)
The problem with MGS 2 is that you hate all the characters, and the villains are retarded. Then you beat the game in 2 hours if you skip all the codec speak. (5 Hours ago)
lukeward destination visually and there isn't much sandbox to the level the tanker level had. still great, freakin 60fps and probably some of the best visuals, effects in any game to that date. (6 Hours ago)
the problem i had with mgs2 was that the tabker level was in itself a freaking great sandbox demo and one would imagen where on manhattan the full fledge game would take us. then the big shell is a (7 Hours ago)
@Megido: errr... no. it has long cutscenes, yes, but there is a lot of meat to the game compared to say, MGS:TEA where you beat the game in less than 10 hours and there still is a lot of cutscenes. (7 Hours ago)