Sony has just announced that Ratchet & Clank will be back in Spring 2016 for PlayStation 4. In development at Insomniac Games, the new colourful adventure is inspired by the movie, itself inspired by the game. Trailer and screens inside.
Play the game, based on the movie, based on the game! Developed alongside the major motion CG-animated picture coming to theatres in 2016, Ratchet & Clank (PS4) marks the PlayStation 4 debut of PlayStation’s greatest intergalactic heroes, Ratchet and Clank, as they battle to save the Solana Galaxy from the evil Chairman Drek.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4) is a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2), featuring more than an hour of new cinematics (including footage from the film) in vibrant 1080p, new locations, weapons, bosses and more. Join Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and new friends as they embark on an intergalactic adventure, and experience the start of an epic friendship (again) on PlayStation 4.
• RATCHET COMES TO PS4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay, featuring new planets, new boss fights, flight sequences, and more – all constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.
• THE GAME, BASED ON THE MOVIE, BASED ON THE GAME: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) will launch for PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016 alongside the animated film of the same name. The film, featuring a star-studded voice cast, will be released by Focus Features in the United States on April 29, 2016.
• THE GANG’S ALL HERE: Romp around the Solana galaxy with the beloved cast of characters – Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and the dastardly Chairman Drek, as well as many brand-new characters to the franchise.
• NEW GAMEPLAY, WEAPONS AND STORY: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) combines the signature platform adventure gameplay and humor the franchise is known for with new narrative details, planets, gameplay sequences, bosses and weapons.
- From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.
ooo Pyre on discount and it comes out next month! I didn't even realize it was coming so soon (3 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: I imagine the bitrate for most 4K streaming is going to be significantly less than the bitrate on most 1080p blu-rays. (6 Hours ago)
These shows already are crisp as can be on the B6, not demo video crisp. Was kinda expecting that from Netflix 4K. Guess i really need to see a 4K BR disc. (9 Hours ago)
I deciced to upgrade my Netflix to 4K, was curious. Gotta be honest, watched episodes of Better call Saul, House of Cards and so on, i have a very hard time seeing a difference at all. Disappointing. (9 Hours ago)