Sony has just announced that Ratchet & Clank will be back in Spring 2016 for PlayStation 4. In development at Insomniac Games, the new colourful adventure is inspired by the movie, itself inspired by the game. Trailer and screens inside.
Play the game, based on the movie, based on the game! Developed alongside the major motion CG-animated picture coming to theatres in 2016, Ratchet & Clank (PS4) marks the PlayStation 4 debut of PlayStation’s greatest intergalactic heroes, Ratchet and Clank, as they battle to save the Solana Galaxy from the evil Chairman Drek.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4) is a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2), featuring more than an hour of new cinematics (including footage from the film) in vibrant 1080p, new locations, weapons, bosses and more. Join Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and new friends as they embark on an intergalactic adventure, and experience the start of an epic friendship (again) on PlayStation 4.
• RATCHET COMES TO PS4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay, featuring new planets, new boss fights, flight sequences, and more – all constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.
• THE GAME, BASED ON THE MOVIE, BASED ON THE GAME: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) will launch for PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016 alongside the animated film of the same name. The film, featuring a star-studded voice cast, will be released by Focus Features in the United States on April 29, 2016.
• THE GANG’S ALL HERE: Romp around the Solana galaxy with the beloved cast of characters – Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and the dastardly Chairman Drek, as well as many brand-new characters to the franchise.
• NEW GAMEPLAY, WEAPONS AND STORY: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) combines the signature platform adventure gameplay and humor the franchise is known for with new narrative details, planets, gameplay sequences, bosses and weapons.
- From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.
They were probably pressured to make it honestly (9 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: I know, it's too much. I think I'm starting to understand why some of key people at Bioware left. They saw a shitstorm comin and they jumped ship. (34 minutes ago)
ME:A is a disgrace and disrespect to the ME franchise and everyone that worked on the first 3 games, and everyone that was/is a ME fan. (37 minutes ago)
But the really, truly worst part is the writing and dialogue. I'm no writer, not even an aspiring to be one, and I'm very confident I wouldn't write this badly. (39 minutes ago)
@MikeManiac61: I watched it a 2nd time, Jesus Fuck! What happened to BioWare? And most important, what the fuck happened with QA in gaming? I swear QA is the least desirable job in the gaming industry (41 minutes ago)
@Sdarts: Watching Crowbcat's vid about MA:E, this is too funny lol. So many memes are gonna be created from this game. (57 minutes ago)
And it was BioWare's first time using the Frostbite engine, plus it came out in 2014. No matter how incompetent BioWare's C Team is, all they had to do was copy what was done in DA:I. What happened? (1 Hour ago)