Capcom revealed that Ada Wong will be playable through her own campaign once players have completed the first three. Also, Agent Hunt mode has been announced. Ths online mode allow you play as a zombie with the aim to hunt the human characters. Videos, screens and more details after the jump.
It is now confirmed that femme fatale and fan favourite, Ada Wong will be a playable character with her own individual campaign in Resident Evil 6. Accessible from the main game menu once players have completed all three of the campaigns for Leon, Chris and Jake; Ada’s campaign features unique missions and will provide her
perspective on the bioterrorist outbreaks that threaten to wipe out the world’s population.
Always a solo operative, Ada will not have a co-op partner but her campaign will still feature key story and action cross over moments, when she is joined by the game’s other playable characters.
Agent Hunt Mode
In this all new online mode for the Resident Evil series, experience the action from the other side. As a “hunter”, join the enemy side to become one of the game’s zombies, J’avo or other C-virus mutations and infiltrate another active game session to eliminate the human characters. As a hunter, players will have access to the unique movements and attacks of each of the enemies including those of the various J’avo transformations.
So how does Agent Hunt Mode work?
• Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
• When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
• When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
• The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session
o Please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions
• The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area
• If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish
• If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies
• If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
The organisations of Resident Evil 6
Want to know who’s who in RE6, then read on…
Division of Security Operations
The DSO was formed in 2011 under the edict of President Adam Benford to protect the country from the new threat of bioterrorism. Its agents are a new breed of flexible, responsive government operatives all of whom work under the direct control of the President.
Leon S. Kennedy was one of the founding members of the DSO and is one of its best-known operatives. When Sherry Birkin joined the DSO she was tasked with the protective detail of Jake Muller.
Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance
In the wake of the destruction of Umbrella in 2003, B.O.W.s started appearing on black markets around the globe and a number of rogue nations, guerillas and terrorist groups got their hands on them, bringing the B.O.W. threat into the lives of countless innocents.
In response, the Federation of Pharmaceutical Companies formed the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA) in 2004.
@KORNdog: Speaking of Spiders, I finished Technomancer yesterday. Fun game but dragged down by WAY too much backtracking and lack of different locations. (13 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: I'm not far enough into the game yet but I heard the game world is very interesting and full of great quests with multiple choices. Those kinda things sound great to me. (13 Hours ago)
i honestly think they'd do better making something on a smaller scale. like an isometric action RPG. that spiders (developer) could do with going that direction too. (14 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: it just looks like a typical game from them to me. like they bit off more than they can chew and the results are just mediocrity across the board. (14 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: the facial animations are bullshit yes, animations in general are passable, combat isn't nearly as bad as I expected though. The world so far has been great, very very nice indeed. (14 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: it still looks all kinda of garbage though. lol (15 Hours ago)
tearing was horrible, not to mention loading times. Plus it really doesn't look too bad either. Trees and foliage swaying in the wind, nice lighting. Good job PB. course all the jank is still there :) (15 Hours ago)