Here comes an all-new gameplay trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, the upcoming game from Warner Bros. and Monolith Productions. The video gives us a look at the powers of the Wraith, whose identity was revealed in the previous Comic-Con trailer. The game will launch on Septepber 30 for PC, PlayStation 4, PS3, Xbox One and 360.
Talion and the Wraith:
After being slaughtered alongside his family at the Black Gate, Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor’s™ protagonist, Talion awakes as if from a long slumber and must put the pieces together as to why he has been denied the peace of death.
Talion realises he is inhabited by a mysterious Wraith, who is revealed to be Celebrimbor, the greatest Elven Smith of the Second Age. Celebrimbor was deceived by Sauron into working with him to forge the Rings of Power. After they made the Rings, Sauron betrayed and murdered Celebrimbor as well as his family in circumstances that mirror the death of Talion and his family. This connection unites the two heroes in their pursuit of the Dark Lord.
Who is Celebrimbor?
• One of the most powerful elves of the Second Age
• He was responsible for crafting the Rings of Power alongside Sauron
• Celebrimbor was murdered by Sauron. The spirits of the Elves are immortal within Middle-earth, so Celebrimbor chose not to return to the Undying Lands after he was killed
• Celebrimbor wants to destroy the Dark Lord; as Sauron does not have the One Ring, Celebrimbor can become powerful enough to challenge him within Mordor.
• The power of Celebrimbor, as the maker of the Rings, is very closely tied with the power of the Rings
I have a hard time when a fat bomber rolls around on skated with a parasol cocktail in his hand, whilst doing a pseudo-philosophical monologue about life. It's neither funny or cool, it's just dumb. (2 Hours ago)
@Melmoth: Yeah, but MGS1 has a good balance, 2 and onward doesn't. IMO. (2 Hours ago)
@Megido: that's the beauty of metal gear :). the mix of realism and (wtf) fantasy (3 Hours ago)
@MikeManiac61: He sounds like he's on the toilet with a serious constipation problem :) (5 Hours ago)
Especially on MGS4, he made it sound like he had a clog of saliva in his throat. (6 Hours ago)
@Megido: I think i'm the minority on this, but the VA for Snake (forgot his name) didn't click with me. (6 Hours ago)
I ca suspend my diabelief for walking tanks and cyber ninjas. Bomb planting fatsos with rocket powered rollerblades is a step too far. (8 Hours ago)