Here comes an all-new gameplay trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, the upcoming game from Warner Bros. and Monolith Productions. The video gives us a look at the powers of the Wraith, whose identity was revealed in the previous Comic-Con trailer. The game will launch on Septepber 30 for PC, PlayStation 4, PS3, Xbox One and 360.
Talion and the Wraith:
After being slaughtered alongside his family at the Black Gate, Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor’s™ protagonist, Talion awakes as if from a long slumber and must put the pieces together as to why he has been denied the peace of death.
Talion realises he is inhabited by a mysterious Wraith, who is revealed to be Celebrimbor, the greatest Elven Smith of the Second Age. Celebrimbor was deceived by Sauron into working with him to forge the Rings of Power. After they made the Rings, Sauron betrayed and murdered Celebrimbor as well as his family in circumstances that mirror the death of Talion and his family. This connection unites the two heroes in their pursuit of the Dark Lord.
Who is Celebrimbor?
• One of the most powerful elves of the Second Age
• He was responsible for crafting the Rings of Power alongside Sauron
• Celebrimbor was murdered by Sauron. The spirits of the Elves are immortal within Middle-earth, so Celebrimbor chose not to return to the Undying Lands after he was killed
• Celebrimbor wants to destroy the Dark Lord; as Sauron does not have the One Ring, Celebrimbor can become powerful enough to challenge him within Mordor.
• The power of Celebrimbor, as the maker of the Rings, is very closely tied with the power of the Rings
@Sdarts: i would prefer the cel shading too, but i'm not going to write off the entire game just because it doesn't have it. it's a great series and the fact it's back is awesome. (7 minutes ago)
Fear Effect (PS1) - All Cutscenes: [url] For comparison. (31 minutes ago)
This falls more in line with what Grift and others mentioned they hated in most mods - completely altering the artstyle. (34 minutes ago)
Plus, that walking animation looks janky as hell. If they were going to remake it, they should do Cel-Shading similar to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and CyberConnect2's Naruto games. (35 minutes ago)
@KORNdog: That Fear Effect "remake" actually looks like shit. The worse is the artsyle, the original and the sequel were never about realism, they had a very impactful artstyle that this has none of. (37 minutes ago)
Game of Thrones: "We make do with what we got." Now to wait for the season finale. (40 minutes ago)
[url] holy shit. fear effect remake! (1 Hour ago)