As Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition will hit European territories tomorrow (Oct. 14 in North America), Square Enix has released this launch trailer which sums up what's new and what's been improved.
The major enhancements to ALL platforms including PC are:
• Improved, higher resolution textures, improved lighting, and higher number of particle effects
• Higher detailed character models
• Volumetric fog (i.e. fog/smog/mist/steam is now present in the game world)
• Increased pedestrians and traffic density
• Rebuilt sound engine to heighten realism
• More destructible objects in hand-to-hand fighting sequences
• All 24 DLC packs have been integrated into the main game. Some of the story DLC is available from the main menu, others have been integrated into the game world itself (i.e. travel to a certain point in the city to access DLC missions / DLC outfits can now be accessed in the Night Market.
Once you get immersed in what you're doing. By the end of it I really saw nothing wrong with a lot Poly Lara running around a realisticly rendered world at all. (1 Hour ago)
It's maintained the realistic proportions and movements of modern Lara. But combined them with an aesthetic that was classic (albiet polygonal) it's weird how you stop noticing those visual diffences (1 Hour ago)
But it's still more recognisably "tomb raider". I played half of rise of tomb raider with the classic polygonal Lara model and that was a good compromise. (1 Hour ago)
@MrWhite: I think there's still a bit of a jarring visual thing between the silicone sex doll proportions of Lara and the realistically realised world she's running around in. (1 Hour ago)
SFV is a very good game. I'm glad Capcom stuck with it despite the rocky start. (1 Hour ago)