As Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition will hit European territories tomorrow (Oct. 14 in North America), Square Enix has released this launch trailer which sums up what's new and what's been improved.
The major enhancements to ALL platforms including PC are:
• Improved, higher resolution textures, improved lighting, and higher number of particle effects
• Higher detailed character models
• Volumetric fog (i.e. fog/smog/mist/steam is now present in the game world)
• Increased pedestrians and traffic density
• Rebuilt sound engine to heighten realism
• More destructible objects in hand-to-hand fighting sequences
• All 24 DLC packs have been integrated into the main game. Some of the story DLC is available from the main menu, others have been integrated into the game world itself (i.e. travel to a certain point in the city to access DLC missions / DLC outfits can now be accessed in the Night Market.
Gears 4 started out REALLY disappointing, but once you meet a certain someone it really picks up the pace and I'm having a blast. Even played coop w/ an Xbox One player (I'm on PC) Good work MSFT (28 minutes ago)
Ed Sheeran Bossing Glastonbury.................. (5 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: Gonna go eat lunch now. Thanks for the chat. It's always great to learn more about technology and its potential. I just wish there were any articles on the subject I could find. (9 Hours ago)
*about game engine graphics pipelines (9 Hours ago)
Then you start getting into proprietary software hell and potentially preventing other developers from writing innovative software solutions themselves. It's a WEIRD idea. (9 Hours ago)
and game engine graphics pipelines or even programming interfaces for their products. None of that is their role in the whole thing.. and it shouldn't be. (9 Hours ago)