Hey there! I finally managed to connect again to the internet after the connection at the hotel broke down. Bleh. Anyway, it's past 2 PM now here and I managed to see/play quite a few games already. Here are my quick impressions.
- Ridge Racer 6: I can't say I've been impressed with this demo with only one track and one car. It certainly runs well but the graphics are not really incredible either. It plays really nicely, it's a lot like the PSP version as far as I can tell
- NFS:MW: The framerate is still very bad, seems about the same as the E3 version
- Test Drive Unlimited: Same as NFS:MW, with an even worse framerate !
- 99 nights: It plays as nicely as it looks. A rather mindless game, but quite enjoyable so far.
- Enchant Arm: Bleh. Not my type of game after all. It looks ok but the battle system is the old school grid type I don't really like.
- Dead Rising: Fun gameplay, but the framerate needs a lot of work.
- World Air Force: I barely played it so I can't comment. Looked ok.
- Kameo: I've been at a private presentation of this game, and I'm simply floored by how great it looks and how inventive all the creatures and gameplay are. Honestly I did not expect much at first, but I'm *really* impressed and can't wait to play this. Look forward to some awesome gameplay videos soon here :)
I don't have much time and I certainly have forgotten quite a few things. I'll update the site as soon as I can get more free time. It could be in a few hours or even tomorrow...
The game doesn't have to rely on cheap jump scares normally associated with traditional game design in VR. The immersion just does it automatically. It's something a normal TV can't compete with. (9 minutes ago)
the game should come with a warning and a disclaimer should you decide to play it in VR. As soon as you're there, it's extremely uncomfortable, even if nothing is happening. (11 minutes ago)
@alimokrane: Trust me on this, if immersion and horror is the aim here, and it is, then first person and VR makes perfect sense. I'm not joking when I say this... (12 minutes ago)
@alimokrane: The demo is tame compared to what I seen in the first 45 minutes. The atmosphere got ramped up big time, and don't be thinking you're safe behind closed doors or walls. (13 minutes ago)
@MrWhite: I know people prefer VR or first person view but if they were to patch 3rd person view, my life would be complete. (14 minutes ago)
Light and shadows, as well as sound, play a massive role in the design of the game. I'm confident it'll be a return to form. (15 minutes ago)
@MrWhite: True. I still havent got over how scare the RE7 demo was... crickey! (16 minutes ago)