Hey there! I finally managed to connect again to the internet after the connection at the hotel broke down. Bleh. Anyway, it's past 2 PM now here and I managed to see/play quite a few games already. Here are my quick impressions.
- Ridge Racer 6: I can't say I've been impressed with this demo with only one track and one car. It certainly runs well but the graphics are not really incredible either. It plays really nicely, it's a lot like the PSP version as far as I can tell
- NFS:MW: The framerate is still very bad, seems about the same as the E3 version
- Test Drive Unlimited: Same as NFS:MW, with an even worse framerate !
- 99 nights: It plays as nicely as it looks. A rather mindless game, but quite enjoyable so far.
- Enchant Arm: Bleh. Not my type of game after all. It looks ok but the battle system is the old school grid type I don't really like.
- Dead Rising: Fun gameplay, but the framerate needs a lot of work.
- World Air Force: I barely played it so I can't comment. Looked ok.
- Kameo: I've been at a private presentation of this game, and I'm simply floored by how great it looks and how inventive all the creatures and gameplay are. Honestly I did not expect much at first, but I'm *really* impressed and can't wait to play this. Look forward to some awesome gameplay videos soon here :)
I don't have much time and I certainly have forgotten quite a few things. I'll update the site as soon as I can get more free time. It could be in a few hours or even tomorrow...
@GriftGFX: Doesn't that make DotA a team RTS with heroes? :P (2 Hours ago)
That gamasutra articles doesn't mention either MNC or DirtyBomb though. So I think we can agree that people tend to overlook gaps in the genre's history. This shit did not kick off with Battleborn/OW. (7 Hours ago)
OW and DirtyBomb are not MOBA-light games. They are team FPS games that have heroes. (7 Hours ago)
DirtyBomb did something that was at the time unique. You could not call it unique anymore. (8 Hours ago)
@Tinks: I know you think that. But they're not really the same genre. (8 Hours ago)
I could be wrong, but I think the first MNC really did just have classes and no overlapping roles. Think they added "pros" in the sequel. (8 Hours ago)
some lean more moba, or more tower defense, or more shooter, but I think everything we're talking about is connected (8 Hours ago)