I have the pleasure yesterday to receive the review copy of Second Sight. Many thanks to codemasters for actually caring for fan sites ! So almost one month early, here are the first 10 (ok, 13) minutes of Second Sight.
You may or may not know that I'm not really a big fan of the Timesplitters series. So knowing that this game was developed by Free Radical I was not really eager to play it. Surprisingly this game is actually really good, and even he art style is growing on me.
Since english is not my main language I'm not too confident about writing too much, so I'll be quick and make a short list of what I liked and disliked.
I liked :
- The powers, all very useful and quite fun too
- The very good framerate
- The character voices
- Most of the control scheme (see below)
- And most importantly, the story is really interesting !
I disliked :
- It's a multiplatform game, with no Xbox specific effect I could detect.
- You can't invert the controls in FPS view
- Clicking on the left analog stock puts you in FPS view. It's VERY annoying in the middle of a fight, especially since you can't move with that view.
- I hate stealth. I just can't play a game with stealth without wanting to explode my TV with my Xbox. The first few stealth sequences in the game were easy enough for me to pass, but I'm confident this will definitely keep me from finishing that game.
I've been really surprised by that game. I can't say for sure if it's an excellent one or if it's just good by the few hours I played, but the story has been enough to keep me playing so I could understand what happened to Vattic.
Maybe I should turn all-chat back on: [url] (7 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: i've been on about 7 types of anti depressants in the last 5 years. lol. it's anecdotal, but they work. they just usually come with some shitty side effect. (9 Hours ago)
Now with that said.. there's no cure. Most of these disorders are poorly understood, as is brain chemistry. And people like Chris Cornell were being treated. But results vary. Better than a sugar pill (9 Hours ago)
i'd always recommend Prozac over a sugar pill. lol (9 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: that's why i said "can" there are instances of people having better results from a placebo than that of legit medication. i never said it was a replacement for it though. (9 Hours ago)
Medicine is heavily skewed towards evidence here. We make pharmaceutical companies jump through hoops to prove efficacy and safety. *Not* with perfect results.. but it's pretty good. (9 Hours ago)