I have the pleasure yesterday to receive the review copy of Second Sight. Many thanks to codemasters for actually caring for fan sites ! So almost one month early, here are the first 10 (ok, 13) minutes of Second Sight.
You may or may not know that I'm not really a big fan of the Timesplitters series. So knowing that this game was developed by Free Radical I was not really eager to play it. Surprisingly this game is actually really good, and even he art style is growing on me.
Since english is not my main language I'm not too confident about writing too much, so I'll be quick and make a short list of what I liked and disliked.
I liked :
- The powers, all very useful and quite fun too
- The very good framerate
- The character voices
- Most of the control scheme (see below)
- And most importantly, the story is really interesting !
I disliked :
- It's a multiplatform game, with no Xbox specific effect I could detect.
- You can't invert the controls in FPS view
- Clicking on the left analog stock puts you in FPS view. It's VERY annoying in the middle of a fight, especially since you can't move with that view.
- I hate stealth. I just can't play a game with stealth without wanting to explode my TV with my Xbox. The first few stealth sequences in the game were easy enough for me to pass, but I'm confident this will definitely keep me from finishing that game.
I've been really surprised by that game. I can't say for sure if it's an excellent one or if it's just good by the few hours I played, but the story has been enough to keep me playing so I could understand what happened to Vattic.
@KORNdog: Speaking of Spiders, I finished Technomancer yesterday. Fun game but dragged down by WAY too much backtracking and lack of different locations. (2 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: I'm not far enough into the game yet but I heard the game world is very interesting and full of great quests with multiple choices. Those kinda things sound great to me. (2 Hours ago)
i honestly think they'd do better making something on a smaller scale. like an isometric action RPG. that spiders (developer) could do with going that direction too. (4 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: it just looks like a typical game from them to me. like they bit off more than they can chew and the results are just mediocrity across the board. (4 Hours ago)
@KORNdog: the facial animations are bullshit yes, animations in general are passable, combat isn't nearly as bad as I expected though. The world so far has been great, very very nice indeed. (4 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: it still looks all kinda of garbage though. lol (4 Hours ago)
tearing was horrible, not to mention loading times. Plus it really doesn't look too bad either. Trees and foliage swaying in the wind, nice lighting. Good job PB. course all the jank is still there :) (4 Hours ago)