I have the pleasure yesterday to receive the review copy of Second Sight. Many thanks to codemasters for actually caring for fan sites ! So almost one month early, here are the first 10 (ok, 13) minutes of Second Sight.
You may or may not know that I'm not really a big fan of the Timesplitters series. So knowing that this game was developed by Free Radical I was not really eager to play it. Surprisingly this game is actually really good, and even he art style is growing on me.
Since english is not my main language I'm not too confident about writing too much, so I'll be quick and make a short list of what I liked and disliked.
I liked :
- The powers, all very useful and quite fun too
- The very good framerate
- The character voices
- Most of the control scheme (see below)
- And most importantly, the story is really interesting !
I disliked :
- It's a multiplatform game, with no Xbox specific effect I could detect.
- You can't invert the controls in FPS view
- Clicking on the left analog stock puts you in FPS view. It's VERY annoying in the middle of a fight, especially since you can't move with that view.
- I hate stealth. I just can't play a game with stealth without wanting to explode my TV with my Xbox. The first few stealth sequences in the game were easy enough for me to pass, but I'm confident this will definitely keep me from finishing that game.
I've been really surprised by that game. I can't say for sure if it's an excellent one or if it's just good by the few hours I played, but the story has been enough to keep me playing so I could understand what happened to Vattic.
@Melmoth ;) Current status (Moonwalker might like this ) [url] (3 Hours ago)
@Melmoth: that is one impressive engine. Didn't it also run until dawn, and soon a massive open world game. (4 Hours ago)
The only bad thing is that now I'm dying to play Crash Bandicoot. I didn't notice the sounds the first time, but from the second onwards they hit me so hard with nostalgia. Those are great games. (5 Hours ago)
Just watched PSX 2016 for the 4th time, reactions from the Easy Allies and Kinda Funny guys. It was such an unbelievably amazing show that just gets better after each rewatching. Congrats to Sony! (5 Hours ago)