I have the pleasure yesterday to receive the review copy of Second Sight. Many thanks to codemasters for actually caring for fan sites ! So almost one month early, here are the first 10 (ok, 13) minutes of Second Sight.
You may or may not know that I'm not really a big fan of the Timesplitters series. So knowing that this game was developed by Free Radical I was not really eager to play it. Surprisingly this game is actually really good, and even he art style is growing on me.
Since english is not my main language I'm not too confident about writing too much, so I'll be quick and make a short list of what I liked and disliked.
I liked :
- The powers, all very useful and quite fun too
- The very good framerate
- The character voices
- Most of the control scheme (see below)
- And most importantly, the story is really interesting !
I disliked :
- It's a multiplatform game, with no Xbox specific effect I could detect.
- You can't invert the controls in FPS view
- Clicking on the left analog stock puts you in FPS view. It's VERY annoying in the middle of a fight, especially since you can't move with that view.
- I hate stealth. I just can't play a game with stealth without wanting to explode my TV with my Xbox. The first few stealth sequences in the game were easy enough for me to pass, but I'm confident this will definitely keep me from finishing that game.
I've been really surprised by that game. I can't say for sure if it's an excellent one or if it's just good by the few hours I played, but the story has been enough to keep me playing so I could understand what happened to Vattic.
Just got prey for £13. That was a hell of a bomba. Lol. (1 Hour ago)
Biomutant doesn't look as shitty as the screenshots would tell. al least it looks as shitty as nier: automata. serviceable, the game seems very creative. (1 Hour ago)
So weird, my store doesn't have pre-orders yet, but all day 1 editions are sold out.... (3 Hours ago)
even rare, as shitty as they've become have so many IP's they can draw from as pure fan service, that would boost the brand a ton. a new conker? a new perfect dark? a new banjo (a real one)? (4 Hours ago)
i miss the days when xbox had exclusives like doom 3. riddick. voodoo vince. blood wake. jade empire, KOTOR, morrowind, galleon, jet set radio, republic commando... fuck it, even blinx the cat. (4 Hours ago)
they need fresh blood so to speak. and they need to support them, not send them out to die. and not turn their back on them entirely just because they sold .5 million less than their expectations. (4 Hours ago)
but they can't do that by releasing more versions of the same game. uncharted isn't going to sell a PS4 to someone who hates uncharted. but gravity rush might? maybe last guardian? maybe spiderman? (4 Hours ago)