I have the pleasure yesterday to receive the review copy of Second Sight. Many thanks to codemasters for actually caring for fan sites ! So almost one month early, here are the first 10 (ok, 13) minutes of Second Sight.
You may or may not know that I'm not really a big fan of the Timesplitters series. So knowing that this game was developed by Free Radical I was not really eager to play it. Surprisingly this game is actually really good, and even he art style is growing on me.
Since english is not my main language I'm not too confident about writing too much, so I'll be quick and make a short list of what I liked and disliked.
I liked :
- The powers, all very useful and quite fun too
- The very good framerate
- The character voices
- Most of the control scheme (see below)
- And most importantly, the story is really interesting !
I disliked :
- It's a multiplatform game, with no Xbox specific effect I could detect.
- You can't invert the controls in FPS view
- Clicking on the left analog stock puts you in FPS view. It's VERY annoying in the middle of a fight, especially since you can't move with that view.
- I hate stealth. I just can't play a game with stealth without wanting to explode my TV with my Xbox. The first few stealth sequences in the game were easy enough for me to pass, but I'm confident this will definitely keep me from finishing that game.
I've been really surprised by that game. I can't say for sure if it's an excellent one or if it's just good by the few hours I played, but the story has been enough to keep me playing so I could understand what happened to Vattic.
I should just buy all the season passes for SFV since I started playing it again. Next sale, I guess. (17 minutes ago)
I decided to steer clear from RDR2 previews, I don't want to know anything. Except for three things and those have been confirmed. I'm happy as hell. (25 minutes ago)
Maybe they'll use trophies incentivise it? "Brushed horse 2000 times - bronze trophy" "Wrapped up warm 5000 times - silver trophy" (1 Hour ago)
if it doesn't make much difference it's great from my perspective, so that would be ideal. But its going to make it hard to convince people to do it if the rewards aren't worth the tedium of it. (1 Hour ago)
I think they kind of need to make the negatives of not doing it impactful out of necessity otherwise it undermined the entire thing. (1 Hour ago)
@AndreasZ94: I don't see any reason to incorporate the survival systems if they aren't impactful though. If you NOT eating or NOT drinking doesn't really make any difference, why include it at all? (1 Hour ago)
After rdr2 i hope they start trying new ips again (1 Hour ago)