I have the pleasure yesterday to receive the review copy of Second Sight. Many thanks to codemasters for actually caring for fan sites ! So almost one month early, here are the first 10 (ok, 13) minutes of Second Sight.
You may or may not know that I'm not really a big fan of the Timesplitters series. So knowing that this game was developed by Free Radical I was not really eager to play it. Surprisingly this game is actually really good, and even he art style is growing on me.
Since english is not my main language I'm not too confident about writing too much, so I'll be quick and make a short list of what I liked and disliked.
I liked :
- The powers, all very useful and quite fun too
- The very good framerate
- The character voices
- Most of the control scheme (see below)
- And most importantly, the story is really interesting !
I disliked :
- It's a multiplatform game, with no Xbox specific effect I could detect.
- You can't invert the controls in FPS view
- Clicking on the left analog stock puts you in FPS view. It's VERY annoying in the middle of a fight, especially since you can't move with that view.
- I hate stealth. I just can't play a game with stealth without wanting to explode my TV with my Xbox. The first few stealth sequences in the game were easy enough for me to pass, but I'm confident this will definitely keep me from finishing that game.
I've been really surprised by that game. I can't say for sure if it's an excellent one or if it's just good by the few hours I played, but the story has been enough to keep me playing so I could understand what happened to Vattic.
@Tinks: my kids been playing it all afternoon, looks real fun tbh (5 Hours ago)
anyone get a go on Sea of Thieves at all? Really debating it (5 Hours ago)
@asdfg: DayZ SA, an absolute abomination of a game. Bringing in more apples and now mushrooms as an update? hopefully they are psychedelic so i can forget about this joke of a game (7 Hours ago)
Or...orrrrrr...you can just keep buying those lovely loot boxes and hope to get more lovely fake in game currency to use to spent to get that save slot. (8 Hours ago)
It's not privilant across the board yet, but who gives a fuck. It's actually a real thing. (8 Hours ago)
Ahh, so now in 2018 the game industry has finally came up with the idea of charging for a save slot. A save slot. That's a slot that saves your game. Ain't modern gaming fantastic, kids? (8 Hours ago)