I have the pleasure yesterday to receive the review copy of Second Sight. Many thanks to codemasters for actually caring for fan sites ! So almost one month early, here are the first 10 (ok, 13) minutes of Second Sight.
You may or may not know that I'm not really a big fan of the Timesplitters series. So knowing that this game was developed by Free Radical I was not really eager to play it. Surprisingly this game is actually really good, and even he art style is growing on me.
Since english is not my main language I'm not too confident about writing too much, so I'll be quick and make a short list of what I liked and disliked.
I liked :
- The powers, all very useful and quite fun too
- The very good framerate
- The character voices
- Most of the control scheme (see below)
- And most importantly, the story is really interesting !
I disliked :
- It's a multiplatform game, with no Xbox specific effect I could detect.
- You can't invert the controls in FPS view
- Clicking on the left analog stock puts you in FPS view. It's VERY annoying in the middle of a fight, especially since you can't move with that view.
- I hate stealth. I just can't play a game with stealth without wanting to explode my TV with my Xbox. The first few stealth sequences in the game were easy enough for me to pass, but I'm confident this will definitely keep me from finishing that game.
I've been really surprised by that game. I can't say for sure if it's an excellent one or if it's just good by the few hours I played, but the story has been enough to keep me playing so I could understand what happened to Vattic.
Red dead redemption 2 could be a huge plus for Scorpio because it wont be on pc (3 minutes ago)
But with how MS is moving now, I think I'd much rather just get their games (what few there seem to be) on PC. I think it's an improvement overall since it grows the base, but Scorpio itself dunno. (11 minutes ago)
Honestly with 4K blu-ray alone (Scorpio should have it as One S does) puts it miles ahead of the Pro to me. VR and performance that should have been optimized on reg PS4 to begin with isn't appealing. (12 minutes ago)
For MS im sure state of decay 2 is gonna be good but sea of thieves and Crackdown 3 could go either way (13 minutes ago)
And Sony no longer having the power advantage so they need to rely on their exclusives like they used to with ps3 (15 minutes ago)
This E3 is gonna be really interesting with MS having the better hardware but need to prove they have a variety of big exclusive games as well... (16 minutes ago)
i would think MS started work on scorpio before the ps4pro talk started (45 minutes ago)