Formally revealed during the VGX, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will hit PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 28. This new edition features the TressFX technology, better textures, native 1080p and other enhanced stuff plus all the DLC released. Get the details and trailer inside.
TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION ANNOUNCED AT SPIKE VGX 2013
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions scheduled for US release 1/28/2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (Dec. 7, 2013) – Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio today announced TOMB RAIDER®: DEFINITIVE EDITION is coming to Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system on January 28th, 2014.
TOMB RAIDER®: DEFINITIVE EDITION is the character defining action-adventure where a young and inexperienced Lara Croft transforms into a hardened survivor. This fully re-built version for PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One features an obsessively detailed Lara and a fully realized lifelike world.
Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high definition detail:
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware architecture:
- The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
- All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
- In-game characters, enemies and destructability have been enhanced for added depth and realism
- Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
- Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory
The Definitive Edition of the award-winning action-adventure includes all of the original downloadable content, plus digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, Brady Games mini-art book and the Final Hours developer videos. Customers who pre-order will receive special art book packaging featuring never-before-seen concept art.
“’Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition’ is so named as it’s exactly what we’ve custom built for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system consoles,” said Crystal Dynamics Executive Producer, Scot Amos. “The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory. This was a continued labor of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventure.”
TOMB RAIDER®: DEFINITIVE EDITION will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 January 28th, 2014, priced at $RRP59.99.
@Wheat_Thins: the engine is somy owned. It's rare you see sony exclusives at all on PC. Aside from when they're third party and use non sony engines. (20 minutes ago)
No EDRAM or anything architectully odd to work against when getting the engine to run on Windows / Linux. (2 Hours ago)
@Melmoth: PS4 is literally a (in 2016) a very low end gaming PC. Why do you think death stranding will be difficult to port to PC? (2 Hours ago)
Frank Tieri's works, mostly X-Men related: [url] So that's very encouraging. (2 Hours ago)
* Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (2 Hours ago)
There will also be a PC version, just like Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom. Also, Single-Player modes - including Story (with Frank Tieri), 2v2, many multiplayer features, is on Unreal Engine 4. (2 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: Not sure if you saw this: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's info with many important details: [url] Seems there will be X-Men and F4 characters. (3 Hours ago)