Formally revealed during the VGX, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will hit PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 28. This new edition features the TressFX technology, better textures, native 1080p and other enhanced stuff plus all the DLC released. Get the details and trailer inside.
TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION ANNOUNCED AT SPIKE VGX 2013
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions scheduled for US release 1/28/2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (Dec. 7, 2013) – Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio today announced TOMB RAIDER®: DEFINITIVE EDITION is coming to Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system on January 28th, 2014.
TOMB RAIDER®: DEFINITIVE EDITION is the character defining action-adventure where a young and inexperienced Lara Croft transforms into a hardened survivor. This fully re-built version for PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One features an obsessively detailed Lara and a fully realized lifelike world.
Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high definition detail:
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware architecture:
- The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
- All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
- In-game characters, enemies and destructability have been enhanced for added depth and realism
- Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
- Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory
The Definitive Edition of the award-winning action-adventure includes all of the original downloadable content, plus digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, Brady Games mini-art book and the Final Hours developer videos. Customers who pre-order will receive special art book packaging featuring never-before-seen concept art.
“’Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition’ is so named as it’s exactly what we’ve custom built for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system consoles,” said Crystal Dynamics Executive Producer, Scot Amos. “The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory. This was a continued labor of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventure.”
TOMB RAIDER®: DEFINITIVE EDITION will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 January 28th, 2014, priced at $RRP59.99.
previous song takes completely over, volume is all over the place and again...it plays some tracks and others not at all. Was excited for this feature, now i give it the middlefinger. :( (1 Hour ago)
I select it in Forza Horizon 3, if i'm lucky...it actually plays the song but then come other issues...it fucks up at the beginning over every song, i was listening to one song and for no reason the (1 Hour ago)
Jesus Christ is the Groove Music Onedrive feature in FH3 broken as all hell. Put like 50 or so songs on my Onedrive, i made a playlist in Groove Music. (1 Hour ago)
@Sdarts: All out of stock now.. really wanted the 1TB with uncharted 4 and Lego for 180... (2 Hours ago)
Some of those £150 bundles gives you 2 games (LEGO Star Wars and another optional title) and 1 Blu-Ray movie (Star Wars: The Force Awakens). I'm sure that just the PS4 will be cheaper down the line. (2 Hours ago)
And XB1 OG/S and XB1 Scorpio will be in a same spot too. People will have to make similar choices as PC owners, if the more expensive hardware is worth the extra money. (2 Hours ago)
Was just a matter of time/promotion, I'm sure Black Friday will have equally great promotions as well. But a year or so from now, I can see PS4 Pro being twice or more expensive than PS4 OG/Slim. (2 Hours ago)