After an announcement late last year, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince has been unveiled earlier today by Frozenbyte. The magical platformer gathers once again Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya for an all-new adventure that will release this Fall for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch. Modus Games, Maximum Games' premier indie publisher, will also launch Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail, a bundle that contains all four games and some goodies.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince Arrives this Fall Alongside Trine: Ultimate Collection
Frozenbyte and Modus Games confirm the beloved adventure platformer series will return to gorgeous 2.5D, with the biggest and best entry in the series
Moonlit Forest, Calif. – March 4, 2019 – Developer Frozenbyte and indie video game publisher Modus Games today confirm first gameplay details and reveal an official announcement trailer for the upcoming and highly anticipated Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, coming to PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Steam, Discord and other PC platforms this fall. Alongside the series’ new installment, Modus will release Trine: Ultimate Collection. Packed with bonus content at retail, the bundle will include Trine: Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC both physically and digitally.
Featuring an all-new story that reunites Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince returns to the magic of 2.5D with the puzzle-platforming gameplay that defined a genre in Trine 1 and 2. Play as the three iconic heroes in the most extensive Trine adventure yet, complete with stunning new environments and dynamic, physics-based puzzles that fans have grown to know and love.
After years apart, the Astral Academy has requested help from the three heroes to find Prince Selius, whose intensely dark nightmares have begun to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Encounter more epic boss fights than ever before, solve fascinating puzzles, unlock new skills, explore lush, vibrant landscapes, and experience a hauntingly beautiful new soundtrack by the composer of Trine 1-3. Additionally, and for the first time ever, Trine adds four-player co-op to its feature list.
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles - solo or with friends - that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes' own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail will include:
· Trine 1-4
· Trine Series Original Soundtrack (download code)
· Trine 4 Digital Art Book (download code)
· Collector’s Reversible Cover Sheet
· Physical Trine 4 World Map
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
· Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
· Physical Trine 4 World Map
· Pre-order Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince or Trine: Ultimate Collection at select retailers today to get a Trine 4 Cloth Poster and bonus in-game content.
To learn more about Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, visit www.trine4.com, follow Modus Games on Twitter @modus_games and Discord, like Modus Games on Facebook @modusgames, and wishlist Trine 4 on Steam.
Trine 4 is supported by the Creative Europe Programme - MEDIA of the European Union.
This is the closes (setting) i've seen to my old fav. Irem's Ninja Spirit that i've seen. Feudal japan mixed with From's superb bosses also makes me think about Madhouse's Ninja Scroll. (1 Hour ago)
only played the first area (after the prologue), and it's more openworld-ish than the other From games. very vertical , and wider play area. (1 Hour ago)
@asdfg: The first miniboss felt like something they put in there to tell soulspeople that "don't play it like it's souls". i got whooped seriously when i tried to dodge the guy,. (1 Hour ago)
@nostradamus: yeah they can be a real pain. Finally starting to get the hang of the parrying. Are you liking it so far nos? (3 Hours ago)