Paradox Interactive have announced a new game in their War franchise: War of the Vikings. The multiplayer action game features 64-players battles, customization and "authentically inspired settings and weaponry". You'll be able to play a Norseman and sack England or defend it as a Saxon. It's coming early next year.
Paradox Interactive Announces War of the Vikings
Sharpen Your Axes, Prepare Your Armor, and Groom Your Beard for a New Close Combat Experience
NEW YORK — August 6, 2013 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a cultivator of epic facial hair, today announced War of the Vikings, an all-new multiplayer game built upon the technology that drives Paradox’s medieval squad combat title War of the Roses. Developed by Fatshark, War of the Vikings is a new standalone entry into the War franchise that will pull players into the brutal and bloody Viking Age, challenging them to design a personalized warrior and sack England as a mighty Norseman – or defend it as a brave Saxon. Featuring intense close-quarters combat, authentically inspired settings and weaponry, rich customization options, and large-scale 64-player battles, War of the Vikings will add a new unforgettable experience to Paradox’s close combat arsenal.
“War of the Roses was a fantastic experience for us to launch, and as it’s evolved over time, eventually growing into its current Kingmaker edition, we’ve been inspired many times over by the possibilities of the close-combat genre,” said Gordon Van Dyke, Executive Producer for the War of the Roses franchise. “It’s clear to us that that there are many more experiences we can share with our players, and War of the Vikings is our next step in establishing Paradox and Fatshark as leaders in the art of online war.”
The intensity is greater and the beards are longer in War of the Vikings, where players must band together on the battlefields of 9th and 10th Century England and fight to conquer or defend Britannia. Environments, weapons, and visuals drawn from Viking Age history will immerse players in a bloody new conflict between the Vikings and the Saxons, with each warrior hand-designed by its player from a wide variety of customization options. Built on skill-driven gameplay and a deep combat system, War of the Vikings will bring close combat closer than ever.
• History Comes to Life (and then you kill it) – Historically inspired content from the Viking Age, including levels and environments, weapons, helmets, shields, and heraldry
• Close Combat and Ranged Ravaging – Skill-driven fighting blends swinging, blocking, and dodging with intense ranged combat, including arrows, spears, and throwing axes
• Mod Your Squad – Enhanced squad features allow players to define a role for their warriors in battle using custom squad perks to buff your hirdmen
• A Viking to Your Liking – Design your own Viking or Saxon warrior, choosing everything from weapons and armor to battle perks, customized taunts to unhinge your foes, and a variety of beard options
• Pick Your Battles – Game modes include up to 64-player epic battles, new hardcore “Pitched Arena” mode with 32 players and no respawns, and a Training Ground to test out new character builds
War of the Vikings is scheduled to release in Q1 2014.
have you guys experienced this as well? (7 minutes ago)
I keep geeting this error on PS Store: "We've encountered an error while processing your order. Please try again later" I've tried again several times later and there's nothing wrong with my bank card (8 minutes ago)
Nintendo Labo - good lord. Nintendo like, watch us even sell our stock of unused cardboard (1 Hour ago)
@Moonwalker: Please accept my deepest condolences. (4 Hours ago)
@Moonwalker: sincerely sorry for your loss, I'm so sad to hear that. :( (1 Day ago)
nothing I can say that will make you feel better right now but all I can tell you is it becomes bearable with time. Hang in there mate. (1 Day ago)
@Moonwalker: I havent posted in a while but I feel like I must. I am really really sorry for your loss man :( I lost my dad to cancer two years ago and I felt exactly like you felt. There is ... (1 Day ago)