Unreal Technology introduces Unreal Engine 4 with the short film Elemental, a real-time demo showing what the new engine is capable of. Check it out inside in 1080p plus high resolution screens. Update: Features walkthrough video added.
Introducing Unreal Engine 4
The most world-class game engine to date, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to do more than ever before. Unreal Engine 4’s new architecture offers fully dynamic lighting features, cutting down on development time and ensuring less iteration on creative ideas.
Artists and designers can bring their visions to life directly in game without programmer assistance via the new Unreal Kismet. This offers programmers the freedom to focus on core gameplay features and sophisticated systems. With significant new visual features, Unreal Engine 4 enables you to achieve high-end visuals, while remaining both scalable and accessible to make games for low-spec PCs.
• Make updates directly in game without ever pausing gameplay with Hot Reload. This tool allows you to quickly find and edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in game.
• After an update is made, Instant Game Preview gives you the power to spawn a player and play anywhere in game without needing to wait for files to save.
• The all-new Code View saves you time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters then jump straight to source code lines in Visual Studio to make changes.
• Live Kismet Debugging enables you to interactively visualize the flow of gameplay code while testing your game.
• Now you can quickly debug and update gameplay behaviors when they happen through the new Simulate Mode. This tool lets you run game logic in the editor viewport and inspect AI as the game characters perform actions.
• View your game in full-screen within the editing environment with the Immersive View tool. This allows programmers to complete iterations on gameplay changes without added UI clutter or distractions.
• Possess/Eject Features allow at any time while playing in editor to easily “eject” from the player and take control of the camera to inspect specific in-game objects that may not be behaving properly.
@Sdarts: Cool! Thanks for the tip :) (11 minutes ago)
Why on earth is MS considering changing the name Nokia to MS Mobile..how stupid to loose brand recognition especially in markets outside Europe/US (2 Hours ago)
Tripwire will also roll out a free weekend for Rising Storm, which won't give you the game permanently free but will allow players to try the game out free-of-charge for a limited time. (7 Hours ago)
Red Orchestra 2 for free announcement on Steam: [url] (7 Hours ago)
Red Orchestra 2 will be free to acquire and keep forever, during 24 hours which start tomorrow, April 23. All you need is to visit the game's Steam page and claim the game during the 24 hour promotion (7 Hours ago)
Started watching Game of Thrones, two episodes in and i already want that prick Joffry dead, good lord. (8 Hours ago)
This "almost human" is pretty good, mindless entertainment. Surprisingly high budget looking too. I hear they're canning it though...no second season? (11 Hours ago)