Unreal Technology introduces Unreal Engine 4 with the short film Elemental, a real-time demo showing what the new engine is capable of. Check it out inside in 1080p plus high resolution screens. Update: Features walkthrough video added.
Introducing Unreal Engine 4
The most world-class game engine to date, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to do more than ever before. Unreal Engine 4’s new architecture offers fully dynamic lighting features, cutting down on development time and ensuring less iteration on creative ideas.
Artists and designers can bring their visions to life directly in game without programmer assistance via the new Unreal Kismet. This offers programmers the freedom to focus on core gameplay features and sophisticated systems. With significant new visual features, Unreal Engine 4 enables you to achieve high-end visuals, while remaining both scalable and accessible to make games for low-spec PCs.
• Make updates directly in game without ever pausing gameplay with Hot Reload. This tool allows you to quickly find and edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in game.
• After an update is made, Instant Game Preview gives you the power to spawn a player and play anywhere in game without needing to wait for files to save.
• The all-new Code View saves you time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters then jump straight to source code lines in Visual Studio to make changes.
• Live Kismet Debugging enables you to interactively visualize the flow of gameplay code while testing your game.
• Now you can quickly debug and update gameplay behaviors when they happen through the new Simulate Mode. This tool lets you run game logic in the editor viewport and inspect AI as the game characters perform actions.
• View your game in full-screen within the editing environment with the Immersive View tool. This allows programmers to complete iterations on gameplay changes without added UI clutter or distractions.
• Possess/Eject Features allow at any time while playing in editor to easily “eject” from the player and take control of the camera to inspect specific in-game objects that may not be behaving properly.
controller. The game works fine with it but i have no audio at all. I probably wan the impossible here, right? In that case i will just plug the controllr in via USB, everything works then. (1 Hour ago)
I got Oceanhorn for PC from a friend and it runs good on my Surface Pro gen 1. I would like to use my X1 controller via Bluetooth and have audio over my headphones that i have connected to the (1 Hour ago)
@KORNdog: "tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies". (3 Hours ago)
"Todd Howard "can't say" whether Skyrim Switch is the original or enhanced edition" lolwut (3 Hours ago)
@MrWhite: My issue with U4 is the little sandboxes that add nothing to the game. The beginning was very slow as well. U2 remains the best (3 Hours ago)
@AndreasZ94: for consoles 3d gaming (with a few exceptions) started with the 32bit era. for people playing on computers they's been a steady stream of 3d games from back to the early 80's (16 Hours ago)