Unreal Technology introduces Unreal Engine 4 with the short film Elemental, a real-time demo showing what the new engine is capable of. Check it out inside in 1080p plus high resolution screens. Update: Features walkthrough video added.
Introducing Unreal Engine 4
The most world-class game engine to date, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to do more than ever before. Unreal Engine 4’s new architecture offers fully dynamic lighting features, cutting down on development time and ensuring less iteration on creative ideas.
Artists and designers can bring their visions to life directly in game without programmer assistance via the new Unreal Kismet. This offers programmers the freedom to focus on core gameplay features and sophisticated systems. With significant new visual features, Unreal Engine 4 enables you to achieve high-end visuals, while remaining both scalable and accessible to make games for low-spec PCs.
• Make updates directly in game without ever pausing gameplay with Hot Reload. This tool allows you to quickly find and edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in game.
• After an update is made, Instant Game Preview gives you the power to spawn a player and play anywhere in game without needing to wait for files to save.
• The all-new Code View saves you time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters then jump straight to source code lines in Visual Studio to make changes.
• Live Kismet Debugging enables you to interactively visualize the flow of gameplay code while testing your game.
• Now you can quickly debug and update gameplay behaviors when they happen through the new Simulate Mode. This tool lets you run game logic in the editor viewport and inspect AI as the game characters perform actions.
• View your game in full-screen within the editing environment with the Immersive View tool. This allows programmers to complete iterations on gameplay changes without added UI clutter or distractions.
• Possess/Eject Features allow at any time while playing in editor to easily “eject” from the player and take control of the camera to inspect specific in-game objects that may not be behaving properly.
@KORNdog: Nah not all the time, but let's say i buy X1 in 2014, i get two games with it free of charge, and i just buy Forza 5 or NFS for 45 euros on Marketplace. Def not gonna do it all the time (27 minutes ago)
@Moonwalker: you're going digital only in a world of 50gig game instals and 500gig HDD spaces? You crazy. (57 minutes ago)
my own country i pay 60 euros for games. I wonder if this works for 360 too. If they don't change it, i will be buying games on the US marketplace too then. (58 minutes ago)
I've heard from some folks who imported an Xbox One in my country that they can go to the US Marketplace, buy a full game for 60 dollars, which is around 45 euros, and it works fine. 45 euros while in (59 minutes ago)
Maybe it's just me, but graphically it doesn't blow me away or anything and that running animation...nah. (1 Hour ago)
Did Kojima say that about only Ground Zeroes or TPP too? (1 Hour ago)
It looks excellent regardless. (1 Hour ago)