Unreal Technology introduces Unreal Engine 4 with the short film Elemental, a real-time demo showing what the new engine is capable of. Check it out inside in 1080p plus high resolution screens. Update: Features walkthrough video added.
Introducing Unreal Engine 4
The most world-class game engine to date, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to do more than ever before. Unreal Engine 4’s new architecture offers fully dynamic lighting features, cutting down on development time and ensuring less iteration on creative ideas.
Artists and designers can bring their visions to life directly in game without programmer assistance via the new Unreal Kismet. This offers programmers the freedom to focus on core gameplay features and sophisticated systems. With significant new visual features, Unreal Engine 4 enables you to achieve high-end visuals, while remaining both scalable and accessible to make games for low-spec PCs.
• Make updates directly in game without ever pausing gameplay with Hot Reload. This tool allows you to quickly find and edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in game.
• After an update is made, Instant Game Preview gives you the power to spawn a player and play anywhere in game without needing to wait for files to save.
• The all-new Code View saves you time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters then jump straight to source code lines in Visual Studio to make changes.
• Live Kismet Debugging enables you to interactively visualize the flow of gameplay code while testing your game.
• Now you can quickly debug and update gameplay behaviors when they happen through the new Simulate Mode. This tool lets you run game logic in the editor viewport and inspect AI as the game characters perform actions.
• View your game in full-screen within the editing environment with the Immersive View tool. This allows programmers to complete iterations on gameplay changes without added UI clutter or distractions.
• Possess/Eject Features allow at any time while playing in editor to easily “eject” from the player and take control of the camera to inspect specific in-game objects that may not be behaving properly.
It sounds like Valve is jumping into the VR hardware game after all. (1 Hour ago)
@Moonwalker: PS4, Xbox1 or PC. I think dying light looks great on PS4. (1 Hour ago)
Since the ultimate sale ive been going haam on m:cc and it packs a punch with content (6 Hours ago)
I believe it applies to both nex/gen consoles. As a mostly console gamer we have no choice but to take the bait a bit early, but for me i think it's worth it already (6 Hours ago)
Satisfied being content with quality & quantity of exclusive games and if u have time for it (6 Hours ago)
@GriftGFX: with the the way sony & ms are throwing themselves & their consoles at anyone and everything i think it's prudent to wait till you are satisfied. Only applies to pc gamers though (6 Hours ago)
@digi_matrix: I believe there are good, exclusive experiences on virtually every platform.. but there's got to be some kind of threshold. None of us have time to play everything. (8 Hours ago)