Unreal Technology introduces Unreal Engine 4 with the short film Elemental, a real-time demo showing what the new engine is capable of. Check it out inside in 1080p plus high resolution screens. Update: Features walkthrough video added.
Introducing Unreal Engine 4
The most world-class game engine to date, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to do more than ever before. Unreal Engine 4’s new architecture offers fully dynamic lighting features, cutting down on development time and ensuring less iteration on creative ideas.
Artists and designers can bring their visions to life directly in game without programmer assistance via the new Unreal Kismet. This offers programmers the freedom to focus on core gameplay features and sophisticated systems. With significant new visual features, Unreal Engine 4 enables you to achieve high-end visuals, while remaining both scalable and accessible to make games for low-spec PCs.
• Make updates directly in game without ever pausing gameplay with Hot Reload. This tool allows you to quickly find and edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in game.
• After an update is made, Instant Game Preview gives you the power to spawn a player and play anywhere in game without needing to wait for files to save.
• The all-new Code View saves you time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters then jump straight to source code lines in Visual Studio to make changes.
• Live Kismet Debugging enables you to interactively visualize the flow of gameplay code while testing your game.
• Now you can quickly debug and update gameplay behaviors when they happen through the new Simulate Mode. This tool lets you run game logic in the editor viewport and inspect AI as the game characters perform actions.
• View your game in full-screen within the editing environment with the Immersive View tool. This allows programmers to complete iterations on gameplay changes without added UI clutter or distractions.
• Possess/Eject Features allow at any time while playing in editor to easily “eject” from the player and take control of the camera to inspect specific in-game objects that may not be behaving properly.
I'm just happy I got two of my favorites Sagat and Cody. Sakura is looking cool to. (6 Hours ago)
Kinda sucks that Sagat won't come 'til October. Lots of people want him yesterday. (13 Hours ago)
The EX roster appeared in Capcom's own character poll recently and Ingrid did not. That's a hoot. (13 Hours ago)
@Melmoth: EX nostalgia is pretty trendy right now, but we're getting a new Arika fighter and most of the people talking about Skullomania won't play it anyway. (13 Hours ago)
Every time i've been to Tokyo since 2001 they've had SF:The Movie (game) running on a screen at the entrance to Taito Station in Akihabara. Guess it's a joke that never gets old. (14 Hours ago)
I never got into the EX games. only Arika fighter i sorta liked was Fighting Layer (14 Hours ago)
@nostradamus: EX.. puh.. where's Street Fighter; The Movie arcade game?! (14 Hours ago)